Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa denied - need an I-601 Waiver :(

K-1 Visa denied - need an I-601 Waiver :(

Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
Is it just me or am I the only person who is a little concerned with the fact that you are trying to get this man into the US. He is a convicted criminal, why should he be allowed in to the US, we have enough criminals here as it is without shipping more in. I'm sorry to be harsh but I don't think he should be allowed to come here.

Sorry.

Rich

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

However, I would suggest you read the NG archives. There are many a citizen from Britian and other countries as well who have criminal histories that have been able to navigate the I-601 waiver and enter the US to be with their fiancees and spouses.

Are you one of those that does not believe that criminals can be rehabilitated or perhaps that one strike means you are out for life.

What about youth offenders? Does it mean that being a dimwitted teenager who has a brush with the law can no longer hope to become a sterling citizen in their adulthood?

Rete
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or am I the only person who is a little concerned with the fact that you are trying to get this man into the US. He is a convicted criminal, why should he be allowed in to the US, we have enough criminals here as it is without shipping more in. I'm sorry to be harsh but I don't think he should be allowed to come here.Sorry.Rich
I well remember my youth in South london (a long time ago) and can only say THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I... was your life as a young man so perfect...A little harsh I think ..
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Is it just me or am I the only person who is a little concerned with the fact that you are trying to get this man into the US. He is a convicted criminal, why should he be allowed in to the US, we have enough criminals here as it is without shipping more in. I'm sorry to be harsh but I don't think he should be allowed to come here.

Sorry.

Rich
Good job we don't apply the same standards..after all we would not let a Xmas tree thieving drug taking alcoholic driver into the UK would we !

Easy for you to spout from a high horse Rich, but reality is that everyone is entitled to travel to be with the person they love.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete

However, I would suggest you read the NG archives. There are many a citizen from Britian and other countries as well who have criminal histories that have been able to navigate the I-601 waiver and enter the US to be with their fiancees and spouses.

Are you one of those that does not believe that criminals can be rehabilitated or perhaps that one strike means you are out for life.

What about youth offenders? Does it mean that being a dimwitted teenager who has a brush with the law can no longer hope to become a sterling citizen in their adulthood?

Rete
Good point made, Rete.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:44 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default so sorry

Hey there

I am so sorry to head the bad news.. I hope you can get the waiver and bring your loved one to the states.
BTW BritishOhio.. How can you be so mean?, He made a mistake.. but he already paid for it, people change you know?, You are NO ONE to judge Steven...
Good Luck to you guys!! and please keep us posted!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete

Rete
Here Here!
I was going to write a line or two to Rich myself but Rete has said it all!!!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Clare & Steven

This person is a troll (a sick person who gets his joy from posting nonesense). Please disregard any postings from him/her/it.

Originally posted by billwilson597
I extend to you my deepest concern about your case.

I was wondering if your fiance is still on Parole or that countrys equivalent of it. If he is still on Parole, that adds to things you need to do.

If he is clear of paper of the criminal justice system, then you have less to do.

whether the crime is aggravated or non-aggravated also plays a role.

to those of you who want to step on this lady and judge the man, you can go straight to hell
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:07 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete, and all who have come to my defense with help and advice...thankyou.
My mind is reeling right now and I've decided to look into getting an immigration lawyer for this part of the ride. Today, one of my co-workers said a good friend of hers works for a Law Journal and may be able to recommend a lawyer for this situation. I'm waiting for the info. There is NO way I will be able to come up with an extreme hardship letter on my own. After all of the denials I've been reading about, I feel like this could be a lost cause, but I will not give up! Whatever it takes to get my sweetheart to me, will be worth all of the pain, suffering, hope, time, money & frustration to make that happen.
Thankyou again,
Clare
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Clare & Steven

This person is a troll (a sick person who gets his joy from posting nonesense). Please disregard any postings from him/her/it.

From time to time this troll will respond to a normal question with some vague and non-specific advice. This advice is posted only to create some level of credibility when he/she/it is called to the table for other posts.

Have a nice day.

So which of the two posts above addresses the lady's concern and which is wasted space???

we report, you decide... lol
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Clare & Steven

From time to time this troll will respond to a normal question with some vague and non-specific advice. This advice is posted only to create some level of credibility when he/she/it is called to the table for other posts.

Have a nice day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

if you can afford an attorney , this is the best route to take,

May I ask if you have considered marrying him?

I can tell you that when you are married you do in fact have more leverage in these cases.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

billwilson597 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DCMark
Clare & Steven

Have a nice day.

I am sorry this person is being so rude and insensitive to your struggles. If you need anything, just ask. I understand what you are dealing with and what you are going through. You just have to take on the task and see it through one step at a time. You and your man with be together in the end
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:16 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: K-1 Visa denied - need an I-601 Waiver :(

"Folinskyinla" <member@british_expats.com> wrote:

> Yes, the man was convicted -- but he served his 90 days 19 years ago,
    > was given a green card by not one, but two careful reviews of his record
    > and NOW the US needs "protection" from people like him? The case
    > bothers me a lot.

It is certainly troubling. It is also a timely reminder that there are
excellent reasons for pursueing naturalization as soon as possible.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:21 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bill and thankyou,
No he is not on Parole...he served his time and it's done. Also, it was not a violent crime...he was caught in a 'dangerous driving' situation with a stolen car. I don't know if they consider that as an aggravated crime either? Just this past year, Steven has been nominated for a Humanitarian Award in Ontario for saving a woman's life. He is not a dangerous criminal and has no horrible history that should have ruined his life.
I feel so bad that I wasn't prepared for the disappointment on Tuesday. I am the one who reads these threads and keeps him informed on anything I find out. I feel awful that I couldn't help him out of this. Hopefully, a great lawyer will be able to help us fix this once and for all.

I extend to you my deepest concern about your case.

I was wondering if your fiance is still on Parole or that countrys equivalent of it. If he is still on Parole, that adds to things you need to do.

If he is clear of paper of the criminal justice system, then you have less to do.

whether the crime is aggravated or non-aggravated also plays a role.

to those of you who want to step on this lady and judge this guy, you dont know what you are talking about
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

billwilson597 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Hi Bill and thankyou,
No he is not on Parole...he served his time and it's done. Also, it was not a violent crime...he was caught in a 'dangerous driving' situation with a stolen car. I don't know if they consider that as an aggravated crime either? Just this past year, Steven has been nominated for a Humanitarian Award in Ontario for saving a woman's life. He is not a dangerous criminal and has no horrible history that should have ruined his life.
I feel so bad that I wasn't prepared for the disappointment on Tuesday. I am the one who reads these threads and keeps him informed on anything I find out. I feel awful that I couldn't help him out of this. Hopefully, a great lawyer will be able to help us fix this once and for all.

START SHOPPING FOR ATTORNEYS,,, take a few deep breaths and you will be fine. You just have a delay here. We have been waiting a year ourselves because of delays with various problems. We just decided a long time ago to dig in for the long haul. God brought you guys together and will see you through to a succesful end

Last edited by billwilson597; Oct 9th 2003 at 3:47 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:58 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or are some replies missing/changed? I could have sworn I read another reply. Or, maybe I am crazy lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.