K-1 visa approved!

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Dynamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 visa approved!

Well, I went to my interview this morning - was nervous all of yesterday, but today, it all seemed to settle down...

There were a group of people all there for the medical and Embassy interviews - mostly K-1ers, but also a couple who had gone the route of marriage before emigration (along with their daughter, who was more full of energy than I can ever remember being) and, as it happened, one guy who'd been looking at homes in the USA within minutes of the one to where I was moving - and instead, appeared to be looking at a home in the area where my fiancee grew up...

It's a small world, ain't it?

Anyway, the medical was fine and swift - one simple blood-test by the most competent nurse I've met in years, one strangely-positioned x-ray by a very funny guy and then a quick, sociable examination by the doctor herself. All done, I was give my x-ray, a list of vaccinations required, and drections to hurry away to the Embassy.

The medical was at 8am, and by 11:30, I'd had my visa approved - it's to be delivered tomorrow afternoon, to my work address, along with my passport. Everyone who'd reached the stage of having their blood tests verified was being approved, and by the sound of it, it was every bit the pleasant formality that we'd heard it was going to be (fingerprints taken with a glowing red box, sign here, sign here, provide affidavit and documents, thanks very much!) - a pretty swift, pleasant and satisfactory end to what has been a very stressful few days for my fiancee and I...

Woohoo!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-1 visa approved!

Congrats!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:50 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. So nice to see another member going through the process succesfully and so smoothly.

CB
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:48 pm
Members

mrvietnam2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
Congratulations. So nice to see another member going through the process succesfully and so smoothly.

CB

Ditto, Congratulations! You both are on your way along this terrific journey.

Rgrds
Tom
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Congratulations
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 4:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

spolizzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dynamo
Well, I went to my interview this morning - was nervous all of yesterday, but today, it all seemed to settle down...

There were a group of people all there for the medical and Embassy interviews - mostly K-1ers, but also a couple who had gone the route of marriage before emigration (along with their daughter, who was more full of energy than I can ever remember being) and, as it happened, one guy who'd been looking at homes in the USA within minutes of the one to where I was moving - and instead, appeared to be looking at a home in the area where my fiancee grew up...

Anyway, the medical was fine and swift - one simple blood-test by the most competent nurse I've met in years, one strangely-positioned x-ray by a very funny guy and then a quick, sociable examination by the doctor herself. All done, I was give my x-ray, a list of vaccinations required, and drections to hurry away to the Embassy.

The medical was at 8am, and by 11:30, I'd had my visa approved - it's to be delivered tomorrow afternoon, to my work address, along with my passport. Everyone who'd reached the stage of having their blood tests verified was being approved, and by the sound of it, it was every bit the pleasant formality that we'd heard it was going to be (fingerprints taken with a glowing red box, sign here, sign here, provide affidavit and documents, thanks very much!) - a pretty swift, pleasant and satisfactory end to what has been a very stressful few days for my fiancee and I...

Woohoo!

Which embassy?
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:11 pm
AOS-LA District Office

mc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Dynamo

Woohoo!

Congratulations!!!! It was my fiance you talked to at the Embassy

Have a safe flight and good luck to you & your fiancee here in sunny Califirnia!!!

Maria & Ian
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:21 pm

RussianGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mc898
Congratulations!!!! It was my fiance you talked to at the Embassy

Have a safe flight and good luck to you & your fiancee here in sunny Califirnia!!!

Maria & Ian
Thanks!!

I'm glad to see you got approved, too - I'd hoped to grab the guy and see if I could hear how he got on, but I was too dizzy with having my approval all sorted out and totally forgot about it.

Thanks for the good wishes - the same to you and yours, too! I'm all set to fly out on the 26th of August, now, so not long to go...
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, I hope the rest of the path will be as smooth
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:24 pm
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

bizzie@herdesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hearty congratulations Dynamo...

is your timeline lurking around anywhere?

Bee
UK to USA
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bizzie@herdesk
Hearty congratulations Dynamo...

is your timeline lurking around anywhere?

Bee
UK to USA
I didn't keep a record, but I'm pretty sure I know the dates. I'll jot them down here.

First week of November, 2003 : Posted I-129F (Los Angeles area, CA)
First week of November, 2003 : Received confirmation of I-129F receipt, listing average processing time as 5-6 months. Website listed processing dates with a delay of 7 months or so.
April 14th, 2004 : Received letter (saying petition will be sent to London)
April 7th, 2004 : Travelled out to visit fiancee for 2 weeks.
May 2nd, 2004 : Returned home and found packet 3 waiting for me
May 5th, 2004 : Put in request for police certificate and gathered other documents.
May 19th, 2004 : Sent off initial set of Packet 3 documents, separate from the checklist.
June 18th 2004 : Posted checklist to Embassy. Went to police station, got told that they couldn't sort out my police certificate any quicker. Panicked, but found the police certificate waiting on the doormat for me when I got home.
June 21st : Got confirmation of delivery of checklist.
June 25th : Received confirmation of date for medical and Embassy interview.
July 2nd to June 31st : Ran around, getting vaccination history (which was ALL missing, apart from Polio in 1978!) and getting blood tests just to make sure I wasn't a public health risk.
August 2nd, 8am - 11:30am : Medical and interview - got a copy of an x-ray, and approval for the visa...
August 3rd, 10am : Passport and visa delivered to my work address! And then torrential rain shut down the underground, and I ended up taking the visa envelope home wrapped up in a number of sellotaped carrier bags to keep it safe...

In the future, I'll be flying out on August 26th - assuming that all goes well, that is - then getting married probably in mid to late September or so.