Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa - 2 month wait and still haven't received packet #3 from Montreal Consulate!!!

K-1 Visa - 2 month wait and still haven't received packet #3 from Montreal Consulate!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2001, 9:01 pm
a

It's been 2 months since we received our Notice of Action (Approval) on Feb. 20, 2001
and I still haven't received my packet #3 from the U.S. Consulate in Montreal. Has
anyone else experienced this long wait? Did they lose or misplace our
application?????

March 20, 2001
- called the Montreal Consulate and they said they haven't received our application
from the Vermont Service Center yet.

April 23, 2001
- called the Vermont Service Center today and they said our application was cabled
and sent to Montreal.
- called Montreal today and they said they still don't have our application, but to
fax our Notice of Action to them and they will mail out packet #3 to me and to just
bring all the original evidence of proof to the interview (I-129F and G-325 forms
do not need to be filled out again).

Whole situation is totally stressing me out, since our approval notice expire on June
20 (may need to get an extension). How long does it take to get an interview
appointment after I send in the final check list?

Any advice is appreciated.

Old Apr 23rd 2001, 11:20 pm
Charles Hense

I can only tell you my time and its for the NSC and China Consulate. We got our
approval on Feb 6th 2001, NSC sent it to the consulate on Feb 16th 2001. As of last
Tuesday the consulate still had not recieved it. I think that there is a very big
backlog at the NVC, that handles to mail to the consulates from the service centers.
I know of other couples that have been approved at the smae time and are waiting to
from varies other countries.

Charles Hense

a wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 24th 2001, 1:21 pm
Hilary Whalen

We are using Vancouver, and they will open a provisional file once my fiancee faxes
the approval along with my name address and dob aswell as the kids info. Not sure if
Montreal does this, can't hurt to ask. h

a wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 24th 2001, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It won't take you too long to get an interview date, however, call Montreal again and ask them what you should do if the NOA and your documents are not received before the expiration of your notice.

You can usually get an extension but my concern is the lost file.

Rota
Old Apr 25th 2001, 6:25 am
Shelley

My husband and I filed for our K-1 in 1999 so this timeline may not be very helpful,
but... We received our NOA (from NSC) on 5/3/99 and received packet 3 from Montreal
two weeks later. We sent the checklist in on 6/28/99 and his interview was 8/25/99.
Take Care. Shelley

>
Feb.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
was
    >
    >
application,
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 26th 2001, 4:02 pm
Ray and Sandi

Fax them the information they requested - they are very nice and helpful there.

>
Feb.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >