Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Timeline after approval (Islamabad)

K-1 Timeline after approval (Islamabad)

Old Feb 20th 2003, 3:56 pm
FSK
Just Joined

FSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 Timeline after approval (Islamabad)

Hi group can anybody tell me the timeline after NOA approval notice I got from the Vermont service center.. approved on Feb., 05, 2003 and is valid from 02/05/03 to 06/05/2003. They have cable it to Islamabad Consulate but as of today my fiancée hasn't received anything from the Islamabad Consulate and when she called Islamabad Consulate they said that they haven’t received anything from INS.

How long does it take to get the first packet from consulate and how long does she has to wait for the interview? Any help would be welcome and anything I or she has to do to get the K1 visa. Thank you in advance. SK
Old Feb 21st 2003, 1:15 am
FSK
Just Joined

ANY ONE ?????..... pls help?????
Old Feb 21st 2003, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

based on others' expericnes i think it takes about a couple fo weeks.
be patient
Old Feb 21st 2003, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ayisha's TIMELINE

Here... I cut and pasted "Ayisha's" timeline (she worked with Islamabad also), it might help. Keep in mind that all timelines vary...

I-129F NOA 1: September 30
I-129F NOA 2: December 16
Received at NVC: December 24
Sent to Islamabad: December 30
P3 sent: January 15
Interview Date: February 5
(Successful!!)
Husband came home on the 9th! Yay!

~Claudia
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 6:47 pm
FSK
Just Joined

Thanks Salooni and Claudia.. but Aysha's timeline was for k-3 not for k-1.

regards

FSK
Old Feb 25th 2003, 12:48 pm
FSK
Just Joined

Default Provisional file for K-1 at Islamabad, Pakistan

Can we open a provisional file for K-1 at the Islamabad embassy???

Any inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks

FSK
Old Feb 26th 2003, 4:41 pm
FSK
Just Joined

Default Re: Provisional file for K-1 at Islamabad, Pakistan

Originally posted by FSK
Hi group can anybody tell me the timeline after NOA approval notice I got from the Vermont service center.. approved on Feb., 05, 2003 and is valid from 02/05/03 to 06/05/2003. They have cable it to Islamabad Consulate but as of today my fiancée hasn't received anything from the Islamabad Consulate and when she called Islamabad Consulate they said that they haven’t received anything from INS.

How long does it take to get the first packet from consulate and how long does she has to wait for the interview? Any help would be welcome and anything I or she has to do to get the K1 visa. Thank you in advance. SK
HELP PLEASE.....ANY ONE THERE??????
Old Feb 26th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Provisional file for K-1 at Islamabad, Pakistan

no u cant, aysiha caleld the embassy and found out.
u can call and try again
Old Feb 26th 2003, 5:28 pm
FSK
Just Joined

Thanks Salooni. My Fiancee had fax them many times but they are saying that they haven't received the approval notice from INS but when I cheched the online status it said that they had already sent it on Feb., 6, 03 to Islamabad consulate.. what to do??? I am really dipressed..
Old Feb 26th 2003, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FSK
Thanks Salooni. My Fiancee had fax them many times but they are saying that they haven't received the approval notice from INS but when I cheched the online status it said that they had already sent it on Feb., 6, 03 to Islamabad consulate.. what to do??? I am really dipressed..

Since your case is a K1, I am not sure if it goes to NVC (national visa center) so you may want to verify with your fellow K1'ers.
Mine is a K3, and as is shown in my timeline...I was approved on 2/12/03 and NVC sent my file to the consulate on 2/21/03, it took 9 days. Call them at (603) 334-0700, have your receipt number ready. If indeed K1 files go to NVC for processing (as K3 do), they will surely give you a quick response as to the status of your case.

Hope i have been of soe help.

~Claudia
Old Feb 26th 2003, 5:54 pm
FSK
Just Joined

Claudia thanks for the help. Mine was approved on Feb., 5, 03 and on Feb. 6, 03 INS VSC has directly sent it to Islamabad consulate but they consulate people are still saying that they havn't received our approval notice although its been more than 20 days now.... I have the receipt number and the approval notice as well which my Fiancee has faxed too many times to Islamabad consulate but...... I have checked that for K1 we do not need NVC's approval..

Thanks again

FSK
Old Mar 14th 2003, 5:50 pm
FSK
Just Joined

Default K-1 After approval

Hi,

Still waiting........
Old Mar 15th 2003, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Like you said, mine was a K3, and yours is a K1. I'm going to copy and paste a post I made in another thread about the wait time at the consulate.

"Anyhow, what you might not realize is that there are three steps in the consulate itself. There's one room where the files are downloaded and processed. This can take anywhere from 1 to 10 business days. Once it gets processed and the computers are updated, it has to be sent to another office where the data is looked at, packets are made, and interview dates are assigned. After that, the file is sent somewhere else, to wait in another pile until the interview itself. I called the embassy over the summer (around the end of August, when I was in Pakistan) and that's what the VERY impolite woman told me. So, James et al., we just have to wait until our pile is looked at and computers are updated, I believe...

Ayisha"

Hope that helps!

Ayisha
Old Mar 15th 2003, 11:28 am
FSK
Just Joined

Default K-1 timeline

Aysha thanks for the information. I spoke with Raja you told us in one of your thread on Friday (ISlamabad embassy). He told me to get the DHL shipment # from INS. My Fiance is trying to call INS from two days but the number is busy. Hope will get that number in a day or two. Wish us good luck.

Thanks again

FSK
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 12:27 am
Just Joined

saddia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ayisha Ayisha congratulations to you and your husband. I am waiting on a K1 right now.
in the early stages. My fiance is from karachi.
I tried to email u in the past but never worked.
If it is no bother would be good to hear from you.
just talking to anyone thats been thru this and been to pakistan ofcource helps.
If your the same Ayisha from detroit that is on VT I failed again and again in my emails to you but I just thought I would give it one last try and see if you would like to share your experiences with me,gaining more friends thru this really helps.

regards,Sadia
Like you said, mine was a K3, and yours is a K1. I'm going to copy and paste a post I made in another thread about the wait time at the consulate.

"Anyhow, what you might not realize is that there are three steps in the consulate itself. There's one room where the files are downloaded and processed. This can take anywhere from 1 to 10 business days. Once it gets processed and the computers are updated, it has to be sent to another office where the data is looked at, packets are made, and interview dates are assigned. After that, the file is sent somewhere else, to wait in another pile until the interview itself. I called the embassy over the summer (around the end of August, when I was in Pakistan) and that's what the VERY impolite woman told me. So, James et al., we just have to wait until our pile is looked at and computers are updated, I believe...

Ayisha"

Hope that helps!

Ayisha