Reload this Page >

k-1, NVC time frame. Please share with me your exprience

k-1, NVC time frame. Please share with me your exprience

Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

thuycannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k-1, NVC time frame. Please share with me your exprience

Hello all,

Please share with me your exprience about your K-1 visa. My fiancee is in Vietnam and I am in Illinois. We received our NOA from USCIS saying that our petition has ben transfered to NVC. Its been 2 weeks by now and we didnt receive any notice from NVC. Do you suggest us to call NVC to check or is there any way for us to check our petition online? I remember i read Steve's thread in here and he sems to know everything about the process with NVC. Please help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

TC
03/26/2004- Sent our I-129F
07/29/2004- Received Approval notice from USCIS (NOA)
07/29/2004- Our petition is sent to NVC
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: k-1, NVC time frame. Please share with me your exprience

Originally Posted by thuycannon
Hello all,

Please share with me your exprience about your K-1 visa. My fiancee is in Vietnam and I am in Illinois. We received our NOA from USCIS saying that our petition has ben transfered to NVC. Its been 2 weeks by now and we didnt receive any notice from NVC. Do you suggest us to call NVC to check or is there any way for us to check our petition online? I remember i read Steve's thread in here and he sems to know everything about the process with NVC. Please help me.

TC
You won't receive a notice from NVC until they have forwarded your petition to the overseas consulate. You can call them to find out if they have received your I-129f yet. I can't remember the number, but do a search on here for it. It's a 603 area code is all I can remember. You will need to follow the prompts that will get you to a live operator because their automated system will not give you info on a K-type visa.

As for our case, it took about 4 days to arrive at the NVC from the Texas Serv. Center, and then it only took the NVC about 3 days to process it and send it over to the London Consulate. But it could be different for every consulate (I think they send stuff to consulates in batches).

Good luck!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k-1, NVC time frame. Please share with me your exprience

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
You won't receive a notice from NVC until they have forwarded your petition to the overseas consulate. You can call them to find out if they have received your I-129f yet. I can't remember the number, but do a search on here for it. It's a 603 area code is all I can remember. You will need to follow the prompts that will get you to a live operator because their automated system will not give you info on a K-type visa.

As for our case, it took about 4 days to arrive at the NVC from the Texas Serv. Center, and then it only took the NVC about 3 days to process it and send it over to the London Consulate. But it could be different for every consulate (I think they send stuff to consulates in batches).

Good luck!
My fiance visa petition was approved on July 15, 2004 from NSC. I received my letter from NVC dated July 30th that the case would be forwarded to London. Now we're just waiting for my fiance to receive "packet 3" from the embassy in London.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:05 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: k-1, NVC time frame. Please share with me your exprience

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13

Good luck!
603 334-0700
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

TC
Hi TC,

NVC time frames are different for everyone. Not to scare you, but my Iranian fiance's file was at NVC going through security checks for 3 months. The only way you can keep an eye on it is by calling the number provided in a previous post (603...) and speaking to a live operator if you are going for a K visa. You might be surprised and find that they've already forwarded your file to Vietnam. Also, don't count on getting correspondence from NVC saying your file has been sent. I never received a confirmation letter from them.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:07 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

We got our NOA2 on June 29th from Nebraska, but it took a whole month before it got to the NVC. Dont panic yet. It only took a few days to go thru NVC and reach the Embassy and get packet 3. The automated phone system always says that they have not received your file, even after it has come and gone thru their system. It took many calls to NVC before i could reach a real person, but finally they told me it had been received. Patience, my friend...

-Marnee

Hello all,

TC

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 24th 2008 at 2:55 am. Reason: email deleted per user's request
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:10 am
Just Joined

thuycannon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for all of your replies. I wil call them today and will keep you updated.

Thank you again everyone.

TC