Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Just a quick thank you to you all

Just a quick thank you to you all

Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

anglwngs911 will become famous soon enough
Smile Just a quick thank you to you all

Hi, I wanted to say just how much this site has helped me, and to thank you all for all the helpful information, just to fill you in on how my case was going, as I told you before, I married my husband on Dec,20/04. I got an immigration lawyer , which was so helpful,( he was pretty reasonable price wise) we filed all the papers, and such, as I was requesting a change of residency, I got my Advance parole papers in June 2005 plus my work visa came, as i am a Canadian citizen, they sent me another letter telling me when my immigration appointment was, I was sent to Minneapolis on September 14,2005, I had all my papers, pictures, bank account information, the Immigration officer that interviewed us was very nice,, but everyone remember this, take as much information about your relationship as you have. they may ask for them , in my case they only asked to see our advanced parole papers and the last 3 yrs of my husbands taxes. They told us that it would take 6-8 weeks depending on how busy they were for us to get our green cards, (My son and I ) exactly a week from that day, our green cards were in our mailbox. I am so very happy and wanted to thank everyone for the information they gave me.. I just love this country, thanks a bunch. hugs,, Heather
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a quick thank you to you all

Originally Posted by anglwngs911
exactly a week from that day, our green cards were in our mailbox. I am so very happy and wanted to thank everyone for the information they gave me.. I just love this country, thanks a bunch. hugs,, Heather
Congratulations, Heather!
Welcome to America!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a quick thank you to you all

Congratulations.

Just to clarify things for other reads who might misconstrue your post:

The work visa you are talking about is not a visa for an employment authorization document which you applied for via form I-765 and were eligible for based marriage to a USC and having a pending adjustment of status. Also being Canadian has no bearing whatsoever on your adjustment of status, nor on your ability to get an EAD, nor on your being called for an adjustment of status interview.

Again, congratulations. Will you be filing for naturalization when the time is right? And don't remember to file to remove conditions in one year and 9 months.

Rete

Originally Posted by anglwngs911
Hi, I wanted to say just how much this site has helped me, and to thank you all for all the helpful information, just to fill you in on how my case was going, as I told you before, I married my husband on Dec,20/04. I got an immigration lawyer , which was so helpful,( he was pretty reasonable price wise) we filed all the papers, and such, as I was requesting a change of residency, I got my Advance parole papers in June 2005 plus my work visa came, as i am a Canadian citizen, they sent me another letter telling me when my immigration appointment was, I was sent to Minneapolis on September 14,2005, I had all my papers, pictures, bank account information, the Immigration officer that interviewed us was very nice,, but everyone remember this, take as much information about your relationship as you have. they may ask for them , in my case they only asked to see our advanced parole papers and the last 3 yrs of my husbands taxes. They told us that it would take 6-8 weeks depending on how busy they were for us to get our green cards, (My son and I ) exactly a week from that day, our green cards were in our mailbox. I am so very happy and wanted to thank everyone for the information they gave me.. I just love this country, thanks a bunch. hugs,, Heather