Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Joint sponsor throwing 'support' back at you?

Wikiposts

Joint sponsor throwing 'support' back at you?

Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:13 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joint sponsor throwing 'support' back at you?

Has anyone else had this happen?

My delightful (cough) mother in law, who happens to be my joint sponsor, took great pleasure in telling me some months ago 'just remember you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me' ..... Nice huh?

Now, this wasn't In the middle of a heated row, it was during a discussion about the fact that I wasn't scheduling her (33 year old) sons appointments with the weight loss doctor fast enough for her liking..... I reminded her that he was an adult and could do it himself, but he was quite happy with the pace the process was taking.... That was when she told me that my 'British attitude' didn't cut it with her etc etc etc....

Soooo. 7 months later and I'm still refusing to have anything to do with her. I've not told hubby the full story, just that she made some comments that were uncalled for and left it at that.

This was the same woman that, when I thanked her for her help with the sponsorship over 3 years ago told me 'well you seem to make him happy so we have to keep it that way'

Has anyone else's joint sponsor thrown their help back in their face? How did you deal with it?

B
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joint sponsor throwing 'support' back at you?

You get around the problem by applying for means tested benefits.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:29 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I did think about that..... Even delaying my citizenship application to hold the old trout on the hook a bit longer

But that would be biting my nose to spite my face ......
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Or have someone shoot MIL in the face, that'll discharge the MIL from her sponsorship duties
Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:39 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo;

Soooo. 7 months later and I'm still refusing to have anything to do with her.
i'm sorry - but i'm just not seeing the downside to your situation :P
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

Over three years ago you thanked her? Why don't you thank you properly by flashing a US passport in her face and telling her to shut up?

Jeez. The nerve of people.

Seriously, why not go for naturalization and that takes 'bets off' on the MIL?

What is it with mothers? I am happy to see the last of my Scottish MIL, who believe me, the devil, 'took' her son away to the USA. (It was his decision to uproot us to be shot of the woman....)
Old Jan 19th 2012, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Quote From Les Dawson -

"I could always tell when the Mother-In-Law was coming up the Path........the Mice would start throwing themselves on the Traps."

Jim.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

The difference between in-laws and outlaws?

Outlaws are wanted.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bomjeito
Over three years ago you thanked her? Why don't you thank you properly by flashing a US passport in her face and telling her to shut up?

Jeez. The nerve of people.

Seriously, why not go for naturalization and that takes 'bets off' on the MIL?

What is it with mothers? I am happy to see the last of my Scottish MIL, who believe me, the devil, 'took' her son away to the USA. (It was his decision to uproot us to be shot of the woman....)
Ahhh, mils....
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

She sounds like a bitch! If she makes more comments tell her you will thank her further when you put sponsership to use. I woukd not hide it from your hubby either.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:39 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have told her to contact immigration and remove herself from your sponsorship.....

Lets see how she'd get on with that (wild goose chase) process....
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:59 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Has anyone else had this happen?

Has anyone else's joint sponsor thrown their help back in their face? How did you deal with it?

B
tell them to shut their fucking mouths or you'll go claim welfare and tell them her address to collect the money back..

40 quarters of work can't come soon enough.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:12 am
Dizzy Blonde

These all made me smile

She really is the ultimate bitch .... She's so far up hubbys ex wife's ass all I can see are the soles of her dollar general flip flops!

I think she's probably incredibly jealous because of how hubby's life has improved since I've been on the scene.... He's gone from being unemployed and living in a trailer with his sister to being one step away from regional management with a national company, living in a brand new condo with a new car, and with a marriage so happy it makes people want to vomit.

Maybe in some screwed up way her telling me that if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here is her way of taking credit for all of that!

Although I'm having nothing to do with her, there are sooooo many times I want to rip her a new one, it's getting harder and harder to keep quiet.... Hence my vent to you all! ...... I'm loving the suggestions though, and I'm sure I will be pulling some of them out of the bag when the time is right!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
These all made me smile

She really is the ultimate bitch .... She's so far up hubbys ex wife's ass all I can see are the soles of her dollar general flip flops!

I think she's probably incredibly jealous because of how hubby's life has improved since I've been on the scene.... He's gone from being unemployed and living in a trailer with his sister to being one step away from regional management with a national company, living in a brand new condo with a new car, and with a marriage so happy it makes people want to vomit.

Maybe in some screwed up way her telling me that if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here is her way of taking credit for all of that!

Although I'm having nothing to do with her, there are sooooo many times I want to rip her a new one, it's getting harder and harder to keep quiet.... Hence my vent to you all! ...... I'm loving the suggestions though, and I'm sure I will be pulling some of them out of the bag when the time is right!!!!
Some people just aren't happy when someone else is happy and successful. Oops that's an English trait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.