Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A Jan 29 approval from NSC?

A Jan 29 approval from NSC?

Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks for the levity!

Yes, we could have filed for the K3. However, stupidly last year, I thought I'd give this a chance. I'd read on various immigration websites that for spouses it's about 6-9 months. (What I discovered was this guidance was written pre-9/11). Then we I realized just how long this would take, it seemed there was always something coming up and I needed the $110. (I'm also responsible for an ailing mother and her prescriptions total $500 every month - another thing our government is slow at getting around to solve!). So, between supporting her, supporting me, trying to help my husband or visit my husband, it just never happens. In addition, I travel alot and finding the time for paperwork, photos, getting his signature in Arabic (he doesn't have a fax or a computer) etc.... Now, we're so close that, as they say, it's a "horse a piece" between which would be acted on first so I'm a little reluctant to spend the money especially if I'll have to go back in September to visit anyway. I still may scrape together the money but then we're trying to save so my husband can have a cell phone so we can speak to each other more frequently. Always something.
Loved the quote from Maya!
Patty
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:28 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by goya0002
I'm sorry but I have to correct you!!! The BCIS is not horrendously slow at random...there is a strict process that dictates how slow they should be. It probably took years of experience to get there and perfect the slowness and you are willing to attribute all that to randomness... :-)

And I'm not angry with the average BCIS worker who is just doing what they are told. This perfection of slow responses has been put in place by our government.

Rohit
ROFL. Thankyou I needed that

There I was working realy hard on getting me one of those persecution complexes. Are you sure that the paranoids aren't out to get me ?

To be honest, my daughter's case has been screwed up badly it turns out by the attorney's office that filled out the forms (We did give them all of the correct info and they still filled them out incorrectly and lost a document) - I didn't have any opportunity to check them over as I was out of the country and my husband ought to have when he signed them but hey - that's life.

My Congressional aide has been working really hard trying to get things sorted out via the Congressional liason at CSC. She Fed Ex'ed some more documentation to them last week. Now I just have to wait and see what happens. It probably would have been easier afterall to withdraw the case and refile it at the local office. For once the CSC's confusion appears not to be their fault and no, we are not using that attorney anymore but are still living with their mistakes.

If it wasn't for the Congressional aide I'd no doubt still be in the dark as to what the reason for the confusion was

Last edited by lairdside; Apr 24th 2003 at 7:42 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:36 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Khadija
Yes, we could have filed for the K3. However, stupidly last year, I thought I'd give this a chance. I'd read on various immigration websites that for spouses it's about 6-9 months. (What I discovered was this guidance was written pre-9/11). Then we I realized just how long this would take, it seemed there was always something coming up and I needed the $110. (I'm also responsible for an ailing mother and her prescriptions total $500 every month - another thing our government is slow at getting around to solve!). So, between supporting her, supporting me, trying to help my husband or visit my husband, it just never happens. In addition, I travel alot and finding the time for paperwork, photos, getting his signature in Arabic (he doesn't have a fax or a computer) etc.... Now, we're so close that, as they say, it's a "horse a piece" between which would be acted on first so I'm a little reluctant to spend the money especially if I'll have to go back in September to visit anyway. I still may scrape together the money but then we're trying to save so my husband can have a cell phone so we can speak to each other more frequently. Always something.
Loved the quote from Maya!
Patty
I know all too well that "water under the bridge feeling". I lost count a long, long time ago on the real 'cost' of this immigration fiasco. Hopefully you will be approved soon. Would be wonderful if we all were so we could go back to our lives. Not quite sure where I left mine - should be around here somewhere I thought....
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:37 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by bobzy
Samo samo feelings here. Two problems: bad management, but also a government that isn't funding BCIS with the dollars that we pay in our fees.
The BCIS workers don't get paid anymore if they work harder and I get the impression that they are also chronically understaffed
Old Apr 27th 2003, 10:47 pm
Mvstolar

Default Re: A Jan 29 approval from NSC?

please help me understand the difference between a k-3 visa and I-130 petition.
sounds like you can apply for both simultaneously.

i'm that nsc whiner going on 227 lonely days/nights with still no word.
was in france to visit my parisian man. did the touristy thing by going to the
paris consulate. got some interesting information.

they said just get married in france. as soon as we had a marriage date they
would schedule an interview. in the meantime fill out the I-130 and I-864.
bottom line is they would do direct consulate processing. with this we do not
need to send I-130 to any service center in the US. total time three weeks.

voila! sounds too good to be true!

also, they said we did not need to cancel our K-1 application.

now, here comes a tricky question. to get married in france is a huge pain in
the butt. takes a long time. but for me and my fiance to get married in ann
arbor, mi is a piece of cake. 3 days. can he come over here to get married
then he goes back to paris to file for the spouse visa?

i've had it however i don't want to jeapordize anything.

by the way, even if you believe that your consulate does not do DCF(direct
consulate filing) check! several immigration sites on the internet stated that
france does not do DCF but they do.

please, someone respond with some good concrete information. HELP!!!!!!!
1st noa nsc 9/13/02
2nd.................................

>Okay I have a bit of advise PLEASE look into the K-3. My 1st NOA for
    >I-130 is June 28, 2002 and they are no where near that date. My
    >processing time says the same thing and we are well over that time now.
    >We are at day like 300 with the i-130 processing. They are still
    >processing May cases and have been since October.
    >My lawyer told me that I would not need to file the k-3...but I did
    >anyway in October 2002 and NOW my husband's interview for the K-3 is
    >June 3, with him coming home, insha allah June 4. He is muslim and from
    >Morocco. If I hadn't I would still be many many many months away from
    >the joy I have knowing he will soon be back with me!
    >Most k-3 are taking about 5-6 months from start to finish...our will
    >have taken 8 months.but that is from them losing his file. I do not see
    >them processing the I-130's from nebraska any faster. Plue the I-130
    >has to go through a lot more processes even wehn it gets to the consul.
    >I would try...it only cost 110...that was worth it too me!
    >--
    >God helps those who help them selves and with God all things are possible!
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:17 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Mvstolar,

Sounds complicated? I would be concerned with something if you get married in France. If you do then by the book you are no longer, "Fiancees" thus would the K1 be null and void. Then you would re-file for I-130/K3 and wait same amount of time to come up with the same result. To have to wait because of the same situation that your K1 is tied up. Which is an insector waiting for paperwork or something like that.

Scott
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mikkitango
Hope it's okay to do this:

http://pub66.ezboard.com/fk1fianceevisasupportfrm1

Read the post titled "2nd NOA, Now What?"

Mikki
That person posted the same thing on here and then later came back and said it was a mistake, then went to that board and stated they had a NOA2 but if you read farther down the the thread they once again state P.S. They have not been approved.

If you can figure that one out then you are surely a winner
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:31 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

actually those are two different people. Paulk was the one who got the genuine NOA 2 with a NOA 1 date of January 29. The guy you are talking about was this one: http://pub66.ezboard.com/fk1fianceev...icID=644.topic

He says he got his NOA2 in 14 days. He took it back (twice) because he was getting hate mail/pms. He took it back because he was being a bit spineless instead of being honest and answering people's questions about his speedy approval. That whole thing is very weird especially when you consider his last post there.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Tiff

Hi there! We're talking about 2 different posts. The one I'm referring to in this thread is from a PaulK who is a UK citizen. Their 1st NOA was January 29 and they did receive approval on April 24. The one you're referring to was from a person who went by two different names - Renou and abdelghani - and yes he did go back and forth claiming approval in 14 days and then saying he was wrong and doing it all again!! Don't know what was up with that fellow !! He was Algerian (I think) but living in Japan, and he seemed very confused. Two different people/threads.

Mikki
Old Apr 28th 2003, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoopsie...my bad, sorry for the confusion but thanks for clearing it up for me