Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A Jan 29 approval from NSC?

A Jan 29 approval from NSC?

Old Apr 24th 2003, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Jan 29 approval from NSC?

I just read about an approval from NSC received today for someone with a 1st NOA of January 29!!!! I always feel rather frustrated with big jumps in dates like that - I can see dates out of line by a few days due to being on different adjudicators desks - but a jump of more than a month? Anyway, it's apparently so, and I hope it means someone at NSC is working their buns off and we'll see some good movement happening. We need the remaining November and December I129f's approved!!! Come on, Nebraska!

Mikki

P.S. Wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post the link to the other site here?? so people could read about this themselves?
Old Apr 24th 2003, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, if this is true then I feel frustrated by it too. But, where did you read about this? Is the info reliable?

I'm still hanging on...
Old Apr 24th 2003, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by goya0002
Hey, if this is true then I feel frustrated by it too. But, where did you read about this? Is the info reliable?

I'm still hanging on...

Hope it's okay to do this:

http://pub66.ezboard.com/fk1fianceevisasupportfrm1

Read the post titled "2nd NOA, Now What?"

Mikki
Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mikkitango
Hope it's okay to do this:

http://pub66.ezboard.com/fk1fianceevisasupportfrm1

Read the post titled "2nd NOA, Now What?"

Mikki
Wow, it looks like the real thing. There was a guy back on November time frame that got his in like 29 days. So, these thigns always happen. Its not a trend and I don't think you will other Jan approvals...out of order like this.

At NSC this can happen from time to time...but I have not seen a pattern. Not like TSC - they are really bad about this.

Rohit
Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:28 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

I have just checked my status online and I didn't see my approval It is a pity. I thought our file was anywhere in that pile near file of guy who got approval.
My fiance and I checked all cases on 29 of Jan. We have found approval on 13 of March. I don't know what happens with NSC, but how it is possible. What do they do there with our cases if people get approvals so early comparatively to others???
.... lol... maybe I need to check my status everyday and I will see my approval too

Olenka
Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:47 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that from time to time they will grab a petition at random for training purposes. Has anyone seen that television comercial where the guy opens the door to the freezer in the ice cream shop and all the buckets of ice cream are yelling, "Pick me. Pick me". If only our petitions could talk...

Scott
Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:49 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Can I be next? HUH HUH HUH?

<g>

While I'm dreaming, I'd also l ike world peace and a pony.

Thanks.

Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:54 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you really want a pony? I live near to Vancouver BC and see lots of the Royal Canandian Kilted Yaksmen up there.

Scott
Old Apr 24th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks for the levity!

I have to thank you for the humor. I, too, would love a pony! But even more, I'd love to see my husband. He's Egyptian and Muslim and we've been married since 1/15/02 and our I-130 has been sitting in NSC since 7/23/02 (date on our NoA). Processing time given: 250-280 days. It's really hard to keep up a sense of humor but this exchange made me smile. I try to be positive and think maybe the NSC will stick to its 250-280 timeline (which means the end of May) and I'll see an approval online indicating they've moved things the NVC. Unfortunately, I'm learning through these chat rooms that the NVC isn't much faster. I guess I'll have to go back in September if this is going to drag on much longer. Two trips a year to Egypt is definitely draining on the bank account!
On a semi-related note, does anyone know if the interviews are conducted in the beneficiary's native language or are the done in English. My husband, obviously right now, is more comfortable in Arabic and it would be a relief for him to know when the time comes he has one less thing about which to worry.
Patty
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
I have heard that from time to time they will grab a petition at random for training purposes. Has anyone seen that television comercial where the guy opens the door to the freezer in the ice cream shop and all the buckets of ice cream are yelling, "Pick me. Pick me". If only our petitions could talk...

Scott
Scott,

My file can't even seem to say pick me while its on someone's desk...forget the shelf man.

Going on to the 15th day now :-(

Rohit
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:01 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thanks for the levity!

Originally posted by Khadija
I have to thank you for the humor. I, too, would love a pony! But even more, I'd love to see my husband. He's Egyptian and Muslim and we've been married since 1/15/02 and our I-130 has been sitting in NSC since 7/23/02 (date on our NoA). Processing time given: 250-280 days. It's really hard to keep up a sense of humor but this exchange made me smile. I try to be positive and think maybe the NSC will stick to its 250-280 timeline (which means the end of May) and I'll see an approval online indicating they've moved things the NVC. Unfortunately, I'm learning through these chat rooms that the NVC isn't much faster. I guess I'll have to go back in September if this is going to drag on much longer. Two trips a year to Egypt is definitely draining on the bank account!
On a semi-related note, does anyone know if the interviews are conducted in the beneficiary's native language or are the done in English. My husband, obviously right now, is more comfortable in Arabic and it would be a relief for him to know when the time comes he has one less thing about which to worry.
Patty
Couldn't you have filed for a K-3 ?

Btw, my daughter's I-130 has been at CSC since 04/11/2002 and she isn't Muslim or from an Islamic country. Sometimes I think the BCIS is just horrendously slow at random.
Although I do understand that even once your I-130 is approved you will have extra waiting compared to the many of the rest of us because of additional security checks

Good luck - and keep checking the NSC JIT reports - you get to complain once your receipt date is >30 days past that. Last I saw it was at 05/28/2002.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by lairdside
Couldn't you have filed for a K-3 ?

Btw, my daughter's I-130 has been at CSC since 04/11/2002 and she isn't Muslim or from an Islamic country. Sometimes I think the BCIS is just horrendously slow at random.
Although I do understand that even once your I-130 is approved you will have extra waiting compared to the many of the rest of us because of additional security checks

Good luck - and keep checking the NSC JIT reports - you get to complain once your receipt date is >30 days past that. Last I saw it was at 05/28/2002.
I'm sorry but I have to correct you!!! The BCIS is not horrendously slow at random...there is a strict process that dictates how slow they should be. It probably took years of experience to get there and perfect the slowness and you are willing to attribute all that to randomness... :-)

And I'm not angry with the average BCIS worker who is just doing what they are told. This perfection of slow responses has been put in place by our government.

Rohit
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

There have been a lot of people on this board reporting that they got approval right after complaining to a state rep. The attorneys here have held in the past that the only way that this happens is when a petition *should* have already received attention and has likely been lost in some crack. Last Fall, that appeared to indeed be the case -- someone would claim that complaining helped, but the approval would come right about the time that would be expected anyhow from the timelines that the service centers were reporting.

But more and more, I am seeing evidence -- at least at TSC -- that there is currently a lot of truth to out-of-order processing when people complain.

When people on this board are posting what appear to be unusually quick processing times at TSC, I am asking if they did something to become a squeaky wheel. People at other service might start doing the same. Saying that you complained doesn't hurt your own case -- you're now done -- but rather helps others to understand how this process works.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by goya0002
And I'm not angry with the average BCIS worker who is just doing what they are told. This perfection of slow responses has been put in place by our government.
Samo samo feelings here. Two problems: bad management, but also a government that isn't funding BCIS with the dollars that we pay in our fees.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

candiceezznagui is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Khadija
He's Egyptian and Muslim and we've been married since 1/15/02 and our I-130 has been sitting in NSC since 7/23/02 (date on our NoA). Processing time given: 250-280 days.
Okay I have a bit of advise PLEASE look into the K-3. My 1st NOA for I-130 is June 28, 2002 and they are no where near that date. My processing time says the same thing and we are well over that time now. We are at day like 300 with the i-130 processing. They are still processing May cases and have been since October.
My lawyer told me that I would not need to file the k-3...but I did anyway in October 2002 and NOW my husband's interview for the K-3 is June 3, with him coming home, insha allah June 4. He is muslim and from Morocco. If I hadn't I would still be many many many months away from the joy I have knowing he will soon be back with me!

Most k-3 are taking about 5-6 months from start to finish...our will have taken 8 months.but that is from them losing his file. I do not see them processing the I-130's from nebraska any faster. Plue the I-130 has to go through a lot more processes even wehn it gets to the consul. I would try...it only cost 110...that was worth it too me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.