Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I've sent me forms and everything but....

I've sent me forms and everything but....

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:04 pm
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough
Default I've sent me forms and everything but....

now I had a change of heart. The money has not been taken out of my account although the office in Chicago has received my application. Can I cancel my cheque before uscis take the full 1300 dollars out of my account?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've sent me forms and everything but....

Originally Posted by nateusa
now I had a change of heart. The money has not been taken out of my account although the office in Chicago has received my application. Can I cancel my cheque before uscis take the full 1300 dollars out of my account?
This is for an AOS from VWP application, right?

Sure, you can put a stop payment on the check (as long as it was a personal check) and not proceed with the AOS. If USCIS cashes the check first, you will not get that money back.

Your bank might charge a fee for the stop payment.

Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:30 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

What your getting divorced
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Nate,

Just a reminder, if you are not planning to AOS, do not overstay your VWP time here.

Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If you want GOOD answers, you need to give GOOD information.

If English is your first language, would you please write *COMPLETE THOUGHTS*... and not just bits and pieces?

Your job is to make it easy for us to give you the answers you want.

Ian
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Huh? What are you on these days, sweetie

The question was straightforward and it was answered straightforwardly.

If they move their arse quickly enough and can get the bank to cancel the check before it is cashed, they won't have lost their money for an AOS that they don't want to have happen.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

If English is your first language, would you please write *COMPLETE THOUGHTS*... and not just bits and pieces?

Ian
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Nate,

Just a reminder, if you are not planning to AOS, do not overstay your VWP time here.

Rene
Previous posts suggest this particular boat has sailed...
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

5. If you make your payment by check, please note that it will be converted into an electronic funds transfer (EFT). This means the Lockbox will copy your check and use the account information on it to electronically debit your account for the amount of the check. The debit from your account will usually occur within 24 hours and will be shown on your regular account statement. You will not receive your check back. The Lockbox will destroy your original check but will keep a copy of it. If the EFT cannot be processed for technical reasons, you authorize the Lockbox to process the copy in place of your original check. If the EFT cannot be completed because of insufficient funds, the Lockbox may try to make the transfer up to two times. After two attempts, the Lockbox will turn the check over to Debt Management for collection.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Previous posts suggest this particular boat has sailed...
I was afraid of that...I didn't go back to check it out. Wonder what the OP has planned now? Try to stop AOS and move back to the UK with new wife, maybe?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Ian this is the second time you've been rude to me. Now normally I ignore people like you but this time I will make an exception. Lose the attitude mate, if you have nothing useful to say, save it. There is no need to be patronising. It's not my fault you don't understand a simply written information.

Last edited by nateusa; Dec 2nd 2008 at 3:21 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
No, thank God.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:58 pm

No, thank God.
Come on Nate...LOL You know we're all dying of curiousity, why don't you want to stay in the USA and adjust your status? Pleeeeeeease?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:06 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

No, thank God.
Well thats good news anyway
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Come on Nate...LOL You know we're all dying of curiousity, why don't you want to stay in the USA and adjust your status? Pleeeeeeease?
State of the awful economy being the primary one.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:24 pm

State of the awful economy being the primary one.
Can't blame you there....it's pretty bad, for sure! Please take note of meauxna's post above, she explained it all better than I did.

Rene