It's All Happening!

Old Apr 15th 2004, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default It's All Happening!

Wow, where to start...!

Firstly, I am glad to say that after a wonderful but extremely hectic trip to England recently, I had absolutely no problems getting back into the USA with my Advance Parole This was my first trip back to my old home country since arriving on a K1 last September.

My POE was Boston and they sent me off to a "Special Registration" area where my papers were checked. After waiting for approx 15 minutes, I was free to go, with a new I-94 stapled in my passport. I also have an "I-512 - Adjustment Applicant" stamp, which shows a handwritten date of 6th April 2005, although the print next to where it is written is illegible.

Secondly, and also on the Adjustment of Status note, I received a "lovely" letter in the post last Friday from the INS/USCIS, inviting me and hubby to our AOS Interview in Providence on June 7th 2004!!! HOORAH! I guess it is time to start putting all that collated "evidence" together into a lovely binder file ready for presentation! How romantic...!

And finally.... I started my new job on Monday 12th April, which was also my birthday! It seems a little weird being back on a schedule again after more than 7 months, but I am enjoying it all the same. I am working for a large company and getting to meet loads of new people, which is great. Only drawback though is having much less time to play on the Internet and check on the progress of other "old" BE Members. Hope things are chugging along nicely for the rest of you, please feel free to update me with any news I might have missed.

Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:49 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It's All Happening!

Firstly, a belated Happy Birthday to you Karen! Secondly, congratulations on the job and the impending interview. I hope it all goes well for you.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:11 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey they'll let anyone in these days. I can't believe you didn't tell me about your interview. I feel so left out!

It's great to have you back and I look forward to catching up properly.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:33 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Karen D
Wow, where to start...!

Firstly, I am glad to say that after a wonderful but extremely hectic trip to England recently, I had absolutely no problems getting back into the USA with my Advance Parole This was my first trip back to my old home country since arriving on a K1 last September.

My POE was Boston and they sent me off to a "Special Registration" area where my papers were checked. After waiting for approx 15 minutes, I was free to go, with a new I-94 stapled in my passport. I also have an "I-512 - Adjustment Applicant" stamp, which shows a handwritten date of 6th April 2005, although the print next to where it is written is illegible.

Secondly, and also on the Adjustment of Status note, I received a "lovely" letter in the post last Friday from the INS/USCIS, inviting me and hubby to our AOS Interview in Providence on June 7th 2004!!! HOORAH! I guess it is time to start putting all that collated "evidence" together into a lovely binder file ready for presentation! How romantic...!

And finally.... I started my new job on Monday 12th April, which was also my birthday! It seems a little weird being back on a schedule again after more than 7 months, but I am enjoying it all the same. I am working for a large company and getting to meet loads of new people, which is great. Only drawback though is having much less time to play on the Internet and check on the progress of other "old" BE Members. Hope things are chugging along nicely for the rest of you, please feel free to update me with any news I might have missed.

Congratulations, no doubt you must be getting that feeling of home free, at last!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:33 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, where to start...!

Congratulations from a "new" BE Member.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Thanks peeps!

SidAngelika, it does feel like home here, not sure about "free" though after all the USCIS fees we've paid!

KUD that's quite a full timeline you have there considering you are a "new" member, very pleased to meet you!

And as fer you Sibs, wot were you doin' back online anyway? Didn't yer man come home? I'll be 'avin words (and celebratory drinks) wiv you on Saturday missus!

Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen,

Good to see you back here and i hope you had a great time in the UK and happy birthday!!!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Secondly, and also on the Adjustment of Status note, I received a "lovely" letter in the post last Friday from the INS/USCIS, inviting me and hubby to our AOS Interview in Providence on June 7th 2004!!! HOORAH! ...

And finally.... I started my new job on Monday 12th April, which was also my birthday! ...
Karen, first of all, Happy belated birthday!! I'm glad your trip went good. Congratulations on getting an interview date for your AOS. I also started a new job (last tuesday), so I haven't been able to participate too much in the forum. It's great to come back and read all of the good news! Congrats again

Lily,
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:26 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Karen, good to hear that everything went smoothly with your AP, and that you had a wonderful hectic UK trip. That's fantastic to hear that you already have your AOS interview scheduled. You have had the best luck withall of your stuff, even if it has been stressful at times. Also of course happy beldated birthday!!

I've started stressing out about my AP lately, but I'll put my venting in a seperate post. Other than that I've also been very busy with work as we have loads and loads of deadlines currently, so I hardly get to come online anymore.

Good to see you around again.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:40 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

And as fer you Sibs, wot were you doin' back online anyway? Didn't yer man come home? I'll be 'avin words (and celebratory drinks) wiv you on Saturday missus!

He got home very late at 2am. See ya for mega drinks at the weekend!

Sorry to hear about your AP saga Steffi.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 4:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karen,

Happy birthday, welcome home, and congratulations on the new job and upcoming AOS interview. Busy girl!!

I'm glad to hear you are working in a highly populated environment. You'll meet lots of people and start networking.

I have no real news to share. We are waiting for Khalid's EAD approval and gearing up for AOS.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))

Leslie