IR1 Visa & i-864 HELP

Old Feb 23rd 2020, 9:58 am
Just Joined

l1nners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IR1 Visa & i-864 HELP

Hi all:

Pretty new to the VISA application process and trying to find my way through it now.

My wife is USC and I am UKC. We have currently recieved confirmation that the i-130 form was approved, and I have now been instructed to complete the next steps (Form DS-260, IV application and I-864 form).

I have a question regarding the I-864 form however. We both currently live in the UK, and the idea is to have VISA approval before travelling to the US. Both my wife and I are in full time employment, and my employment through my UK company will continue in the US, with me transferring to our US office on long term secondment. My wife however will need to find new employment on arrival as her UK employment will end.

Is this a problem? Do we need to have a joint sponsor in the US because of this?

Also, much of the form requires US addresses for mailing address and sponsor address. As stated, we are currently still based in the UK.

Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks;

L
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 1:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 Visa & i-864 HELP

Since your income will continue from the same source, your wife cab use that oon het I-864. You need a statement from your employer stating that you'll be transferring and how much your salary will be in the USA.

She can use the UK address on the I-864.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 23rd 2020 at 5:52 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you cover the domicile issue.
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

What is the domicile issue?

Cheers:

L
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 10:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by l1nners
What is the domicile issue?

Cheers:

L
Documents showing intent to domicile in the USA. Anything that shows cutting ties to UK and establishing ties in USA.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2020, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up.

This is the tricky part, as until we've received the visa confirmation, we are not really in a position to look for a place in the States. I have listed my sister in laws property as where we will be initially staying, as this will be the case while we search for an apartment.

Most of the move is based on me getting the visa, so it is hard to make concrete plans ahead of this. It feels like a chicken and egg situation.

Is this likely to cause a problem?

Cheers:

L

Last edited by l1nners; Feb 24th 2020 at 10:37 am.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 11:46 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

'VISA' is a trademark, what you are seeking is an immigrant visa

Intent to domicile is pretty much achievable by just looking for somewhere to rent. It's not hard to do.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 2:49 pm

Yep, what civilsevant said. It doesn't have to be any plans set in stone. The letter from your employer about the transfer will be helpful. What about your property in the UK? You'll have some sort of documentation showing what you'll be doing with that.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2020, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rene.

We would be renting it out, subject to moving to the US. Any tips on how I can get documentation to prove that?

Cheers;

Neil

Old Feb 25th 2020, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Right, but how in that form do you show evidence of this?

Old Feb 25th 2020, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by l1nners
Thanks Rene.

We would be renting it out, subject to moving to the US. Any tips on how I can get documentation to prove that?

Cheers;

Neil
Listing or Real Estate agent info, proof of researching the market, a lease if you have one by then, those types of things. You only have to show you're taking the steps.

Rene