Interview -update

Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

immatchua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview -update

We had the interview this morning. She asked me questions when my wife was away and she brought her in and asked her questions. She was very hard on us even though we got most of the answers correct (same or similar answers).

We didnt have the medical - it will be ready in 5-7 days but the letter had advised us to come anyway with or without the medical form.

So what does this mean? From reading the experiences here, most had their interview and their passports stamped the same day. What does it mean if they say a decision will be mailed?

EDIT: We carried all the proof but she never asked to see any paperwork.

Are these good or bad signs?

The anxiety starts now...

Last edited by immatchua; Feb 26th 2004 at 6:20 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview -update

Originally posted by immatchua
We had the interview this morning. She asked me questions when my wife was away and she brought her in and asked her questions. She was very hard on us even though we got most of the answers correct (same or similar answers).

We didnt have the medical - it will be ready in 5-7 days but the letter had advised us to come anyway with or without the medical form.

So what does this mean? From reading the experiences here, most had their interview and their passports stamped the same day. What does it mean if they say a decision will be mailed?

I don't recall where the foreign spouse is from, but all this means is that they have not made a decision to issue the visa yet. You'll be notified of their decision by mail. My guess is that since you were missing the medical info, they will wait for that to arrive and then proceed from there. It seems to be common that they do not look at all (if any) of the proof provided. That seems to have little bearing on whether a visa will be issued or not. They may ask you to re-submit some proof, or come in for another interview. They may do a home-visit as in Patty Khadija's case. Or, they may just wait for the medical info to arrive, and then send out the visa.

Whatever it means, good luck to you and best wishes!
Rene
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

imma,

Interview for what?

We had the interview this morning. ...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
imma,

Interview for what?
I'm pretty sure is was AOS............................
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Oh...sorry....I was assuming it was a K interview. My bad.

Rene
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

That was my guess from his description of how the interview was conducted, but Rene seemed to think differently...

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Leslie66
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:13 pm

Rene,

No, his bad.

If one wants a good answer they need to ask a good question.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Noorah101
Oh...sorry....I was assuming it was a K interview. My bad.

Rene
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:14 pm

Leslie,

That was my guess from his description of how the interview was conducted, but Rene seemed to think differently...

Regards, JEff
It's just me. Since I'm at this stage of a K visa interview, when I hear "interview" I just assume it's that one. But from the description of having both spouses asked questions, you're probably right.

Rene
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:17 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Regards, JEff
I'm with you JEff. I hate it when you have to beg people for more information so that YOU can help THEM.

There have been some other posts made by the OP recently that lead me to believe that it was the AOS interview. However, there was certainly nothing in this cryptic posting that eluded to it.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:22 pm

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

I wonder why they were so hard on you???
Did they separate you guys in two different rooms?
and what questions has been asked?
and why didn't they check proof papers?
hmm
also, is there a big age difference or the country of origin or some other factors that may seem different for people at USCIS?
please, share more experience, and your timeline.
and I am pretty sure that they mail you positive decision, I pray for that.
have a great day, and plz share your experience.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

immatchua is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it was an AOS interview.
Yes, there is a large age difference...but for heavensakes we've been together since '97.
They asked how we met, my family, her family,etc.

Originally posted by maximus76
I wonder why they were so hard on you???
Did they separate you guys in two different rooms?
and what questions has been asked?
hmm
also, is there a big age difference or the country of origin or some other factors that may seem different for people at USCIS?
please, share more experience, and your timeline.
and I am pretty sure that they mail you positive decision, I pray for that.
have a great day, and plz share your experience.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:11 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
It's just me. Since I'm at this stage of a K visa interview, when I hear "interview" I just assume it's that one. But from the description of having both spouses asked questions, you're probably right.

Rene

Don't worry girlie The OP should have worded his question better
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:36 pm

imma,

People who have ulterior motives tend to have a lot more patience than those who are merely in love, and they often spend years creating their 'cover'. Time together, in and of itself, means nothing. (To maximus - such people also tend to be pretty good at obtaining forged documents.)

Whatever raised their suspicions to cause the more intensive interview, hopefully you and your wife answered the questions to their satisfaction and now they're waiting only for your medical exam results to be able to approve you.

Regards, JEff

Yes, it was an AOS interview.
Yes, there is a large age difference...but for heavensakes we've been together since '97.
They asked how we met, my family, her family,etc.
Originally posted by maximus76
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:43 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, it is pretty unusual for them to separate the couple in a typical AOS interview. Usually, if they suspect a sham marriage (marriage to help a friend get a greencard), they then separate the couple and interview them separately however this is usually during a "second" interview.

I've only had one of my couple's split up and interviewed separately and that was at the Casper, Wyoming USCIS office. My theory is that this particular office had so little traffic or work to do, that they simply had the time to conduct separate interviews (or maybe they were just training an officer in Stokes interviews).

In which USCIS office did this occur?