Interview upcoming

Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Mildred Hubble has a spectacular aura aboutMildred Hubble has a spectacular aura aboutMildred Hubble has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Interview upcoming

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You'll need to show proof that she's making arrangements to close out her life in the UK and making arrangements to start up her life in the US. Things like valuations from an estate agent, a letter giving notice to leave her job, quotes from shipping companies... stuff like that. Also, house hunting in the US, copies of job applications, arrangements to get the kids into daycare or school (both, if applicable)... stuff like that.

Ian
There's nothing of this nature mentioned on the website. Seems weird if it's required.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mildred Hubble
There's nothing of this nature mentioned on the website. Seems weird if it's required.
It's part of the I-864 requirement. The sponsor filling out the I-864 form needs to be domiciled in the USA. For those USC's who are living in the UK, London allows them to show "proof of intent to domicile" instead of forcing them to physically go to the USA ahead of the intending immigrant.

Why do you think it's weird that London helps couples remain together during the process?

Rene
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

JimBeam is an unknown quantity at this point

Well. I 'passed' my interview. Easy as. It was just the waiting that was the pain, but hey ho.

The only documents they asked to see where the original ones I posted. Didn't need to show any domicile proof. I had a folder full of evidence too.

Anyway. USA here we come.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Mildred Hubble has a spectacular aura aboutMildred Hubble has a spectacular aura aboutMildred Hubble has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's part of the I-864 requirement. The sponsor filling out the I-864 form needs to be domiciled in the USA. For those USC's who are living in the UK, London allows them to show "proof of intent to domicile" instead of forcing them to physically go to the USA ahead of the intending immigrant.

Why do you think it's weird that London helps couples remain together during the process?

Rene
You misunderstand me. I meant it was weird that it wasn't mentioned on the website. Thank you for clarifying.

Edit: Congratulations JimBeam!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

JimBeam is an unknown quantity at this point

You misunderstand me. I meant it was weird that it wasn't mentioned on the website. Thank you for clarifying.

Edit: Congratulations JimBeam!
Thanks!!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:59 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The embassy and consular web sites are not intended to be detailed 'how to' manuals, it's not their function in life. Their job is to process visa applications and providing an overview of the local procedures makes their job easier, but providing a detailed guidebook is the job of others.

More detailed information is publicly available in the FAM, which is available online and which I gave a reference to.

Regards, JEff

You misunderstand me. I meant it was weird that it wasn't mentioned on the website.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:55 am
Just Joined

jungleshera will become famous soon enoughjungleshera will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JimBeam
Hi. I'm sure this has been done to death, but I seem to be going round in circles of panic hoping I have everything set.

I have my Visa interview in a couple of weeks. I'm a UK citizen my wife is USC and we live in the UK currently.

Is this ALL I will be asked for.

Passport
Birth Certificate
Marriage License
Interview letter confirmation
3 x 50mm x 50mm Photographs
Police certificate
DS-230 Part II ready to sign
I-864 Affidavit of Support from my wife
I-864 Affidavit of Support from her Dad as a joint sponsor (USC & resident)
Her Dad's tax returns

I will also take a copy of all of the above plus some relationship evidence (photos etc)

Good to go. Right?

Thanks folks.
Make sure you have your FIL's original signature on the I-864. That was our mistake.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:59 am
Just Joined

jungleshera will become famous soon enoughjungleshera will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Ah... all good then.

You'll need to show proof that she's making arrangements to close out her life in the UK and making arrangements to start up her life in the US. Things like valuations from an estate agent, a letter giving notice to leave her job, quotes from shipping companies... stuff like that. Also, house hunting in the US, copies of job applications, arrangements to get the kids into daycare or school (both, if applicable)... stuff like that.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to fill in the gaps... it's still quite early here in the US' eastern time zone.

Ian
My UKC husband just had his interview and they didn't ask me, USC, about my proof of domicile.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jungleshera
My UKC husband just had his interview and they didn't ask me, USC, about my proof of domicile.
Good for you... but the officer very easily could have asked you - and often does!

Ian