Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview tomorrow, what happens if they refuse my application?

Wikiposts

Interview tomorrow, what happens if they refuse my application?

Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

jedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nice
Default Interview tomorrow, what happens if they refuse my application?

Can someone please let me know what is the process after the FINAL immigration (USA) interview, I have mine booked for 10am (a few hours from now) and just wanted to know if they tell me there and then yes or no? if it's a no then what happens then? what is the time limit they give for you to leave the US? my wife is worried about this...

Last edited by jedimark01978; Dec 4th 2011 at 6:25 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview tomorrow, what happens if they refuse my application?

I am going to assume you are beyond the 90 days.

You are under colour of law whilst adjusting.

No adjustment and they could take you into custody. You have no right of appeal, you waived that.

Let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

jedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nicejedimark01978 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am going to assume you are beyond the 90 days.

You are under colour of law whilst adjusting.

No adjustment and they could take you into custody. You have no right of appeal, you waived that.

Let us know how it goes.
Yes I am beyond the 90 days this whole process has taken me over a year and half to sort out, had to do all the paper work myself in the end as the two previous attornies were poor and time wasters, anyway got my green card through a month ago and now the interview in a few hours... are you saying that if they say NO to my application in the interview they can detain me? wow now things get nervy, will let you know the result later on today, now that's provided I have not been detained....
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jedimark01978
Yes I am beyond the 90 days this whole process has taken me over a year and half to sort out, had to do all the paper work myself in the end as the two previous attornies were poor and time wasters, anyway got my green card through a month ago and now the interview in a few hours... are you saying that if they say NO to my application in the interview they can detain me? wow now things get nervy, will let you know the result later on today, now that's provided I have not been detained....
This makes no sense. If you are basing your AOS on marriage to a USC, then you cannot get your green card until you appear for the interview. Well, you can...some people are approved without an interview...but then they don't end up with ANY interview...but you have one?

How did you get your green card?
What is this interview for in a few hours?

Please do come back and let us know what happened...I don't understand your situation.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Dec 4th 2011 at 11:53 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

jedimark,

Your questions were answered in your post from June 2010: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672587

But I still don't see how you can have a green card in hand, and THEN be called for an interview. Can you enlighten us?

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
jedimark,

Your questions were answered in your post from June 2010: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672587

But I still don't see how you can have a green card in hand, and THEN be called for an interview. Can you enlighten us?

Rene
Rene: OP used fractured syntax. I had the same thought you did and realized that in addition the syntax, it appeared that OP also left out a word or two. [I know that my fingers sometimes forget what I thought. ]
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think he means that he got the I-485 application to adjust status submitted a month ago, and is about to have the interview for that.

Regards, JEff

Rene

anyway got my green card through a month ago and now the interview in a few hours...
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I think he means that he got the I-485 application to adjust status submitted a month ago, and is about to have the interview for that.

Regards, JEff
Wow...if so, that's VERY fast!!!

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:29 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rene
One of the offices I consult with has three lawyers and they had two days last week with four appearances at the same time. Both immediate relative cases were filed in late September and were approved last week. They were in the San Bernadino office. Given the gentle breezes we have experienced recently, the drive was beautiful.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is, so maybe I'm wrong. But it's the only way that I can make sense of what he wrote. (Given how overdue the I-485 was, maybe the interview schedule was set in coordination with ICE? )

Regards, JEff

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I see it that he meant he received the EAD not the green card. Remember the other dingy poster recently that thought the EAD was his green card.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Ok I am back, sorry for the confusion here, I have been under the impression that the works auth card I recieved a while back was a green card, stupid of me to think this but hey I am stupid sometimes...I only realised this yesterday at the interview.... as for the interview I was only in there for a max of 10 mins with the interviewer, 8 hr drive for just a quick 10mins of questions, very nice bloke indeed and he passed the i-130 I think for petition of marraige and my adjustment of stauts, however he could not give me the final word on the overal result as for the criminal charge relating to the football assault... he does not think it is one to worry about but he was not allowed to pass it as of yesterday until he can get it authorised from above..... they will write to me asap with the result.... one quick thing I need to point out here to anyone else who may have the same problem with their i-94, I had to pay immigration $420 dollars for a replacement because I did not recieve one from US/immigration/customs at the airport on arrival... do not pay this if your passport was stamped as the interviewer told me that a copy of that page was ok, they dont tell you this when you call them asking about it. another thing to note is that due to problems with attornies waisting my time I did not fully submit my applications in until sep 2011 - note that I arrived here in april 2010..... I did not have any help from an attorny with these forms, I did them myself, I was worried that submitting these forms in after the 90 days had expired that I was going to have some difficulty in my adjustment of status due to the time, but as you can see being 14 months late with this has had no affect on my application, he stated that as long as the marraige is legal and above board to which it is and that I arrived here legally then time is not to important here. now we shall just have to wait and see what happens with the criminal offence from 17 years ago....
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

I must say that since later end of september when I submitted my applications all in together I recieved two letters asking for more information from the uscis, just one copy of this and one for that etc etc, my authorisation to work card came through quickly, after with a week or so, and then the interview a month later, so must point out that since my application was submitted that everything has gone through extremely quick... very impressed with the USCIS even if I get refused on the criminal offence I am still impressed with how quick this has been dealt with.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 12:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... he passed the i-130 I think for petition of marraige and my adjustment of stauts...
The I-130 establishes that you are the relative of a USC. The I-485 is the actual ajustment of status application... and that's what he can't approve until he gets authorization.

You're going to be involved with US immigration for another few years yet, so it would really help you to get a firm understanding of the forms and what each does. It'll not only help you, it'll help new readers who might be confused by your posts.

... they will write to me asap with the result.
Just so you know, their concept of ASAP is usually 3-4 weeks, so don't worry if you don't hear from them immediately.

Ian
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:44 am
Just Joined

ok this is it folks, just listened to my voice recording messages from yesterday and USCIS HAVE LEFT A MESSAGE ON MY PHONE whilst I was driving back, I went straight to bed when I got back due to the long drive out there, anyway to cut this thread short of all the this and that and doubters, I have been approved, job done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.