Interview was fine, but...........no stamp :(

Old Aug 31st 2003, 4:15 am
Eli

Default Re: Interview was fine, but...........no stamp :(

I have been waiting 9 months since interview now

Old Aug 31st 2003, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point

We will more than likely go into Arlington this Thursday and have the AP renewal and EAD renewal ready to submit if they will allow us to do so. I will as for it to be expited since they have not given us any answers within the timeframe THEY provided. Who knows how lucky we will be....
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

ben2 is an unknown quantity at this point

If anybody on this forum has recently got his/her Green Card (or, appointment letter for it), or, waiting for a while to get the letter from Santa Ana, BCIS, PLEASE Reply with the timeline.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

gerryleto is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my AOS interview in April and no response back yet. I wrote to find out the status of our case and said that the FBI could not give approval at that time. My record is 100% clean. You would think they would move quickly and get these completed. In the meantime my AP and EAP will be up for renewal in a few months... Looks like this could be a scheme to get more money aon delaying approvals...
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Robert_J is an unknown quantity at this point

So, were you able to find anything out at Arlington?

Originally posted by kjdrga
We will more than likely go into Arlington this Thursday and have the AP renewal and EAD renewal ready to submit if they will allow us to do so. I will as for it to be expited since they have not given us any answers within the timeframe THEY provided. Who knows how lucky we will be....
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

blenky16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview in Detroit on April 7th, fingerprints were taken on April 12th. Still no word on my Green Card, so I am going to make a visit to the Detroit office to see if they can give me any update... which I HIGHLY doubt.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Well they said that it didn't matter what the interviewer tell you, they have 120 days from the day of the interview to give you a decision. But you know you ask three different BCIS officer in the same building and you STILL get different answers. So we deposited the EAD and AP renewal, figuring we at least cut down on mailing time.... we waited 6 1/2 hours for that, oh and to make sure they have our correct address, that was the real reason for waiting....there were so many disgruntle people there because BCIS had sent their greencards to old addresses even after BCIS ackowledged their change of address and new address in a form they send out confirming the new address...

So we are still waiting. I did go upstairs to the 3rd floor where the AOS interviews take place and drop a note addressed to the officer say that per his instructions we had waited the 3 months...but I doubt he even got the note.

If we don't have AP in hand in the 30 days alotted I am calling my congressperson because this is ridiculus that no one can give you a difinative answer.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for getting back to me. We had been considering going back again soon (would have be the third time since interview) to see what was going on, but looks like it would be futile (again).

Are they still giving out that 120 day timeframe??? I believe there are at least 3 posters to this thread who said that 120 days since interview has come and gone with no response. Why do they continue to quote wait times they know not to be true?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

I couldn't tell you but I have come to accept the fact that most BCIS agents don't have a clue what is going on, and I know from a couple of people who have friends that work at BCIS that the new DOH has made their jobs next to impossible with all the new regulations and security checks....

I don't feel sorry for them, I just want to know my info. If they could keep to their word and have the AOS decision within 120 days it's acceptable to me, but if they keep hemming and hawing I'm just going to get my represitatives and congressperson involved....and make their lives even more miserable....

As far as I can see they use the immigrants to make money by having to renew permission etc. What an abuse!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

We had out interview in Los Angeles on 4/22 and received the green card in the beggining of July.

They did not say in the interview weather or not they were approvong us they just said they would be reveiwing the case and awaiting security checks. We waited and were shocked when it came so quickly.

Also they gave us a paper saying we would be notified by mail in 90 days and that if we did not here to come back and wait in line, after the one time in the line we were prepared to wait it out.

Good luck!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Troublenstrife is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing for us--we just had our interview here in ATL on Monday. After 2.5 years of waiting for our AOS interview, and after having to write our Senator/Congress to inquire why almost 3 years had passed with no updates or interviews, we got our appointment. Only to find out that we wouldn't be getting our green card due to the FBI check. I was told that it was common with Mexican and Indian immigrants due to so many last names being similiar. My husband is British and doesn't have a very common last name. After seeing all your nightmares, it appears the FBI, like the rest of the government is too back logged to do anything.

As a result, we need to renew his EAD pronto for it is expired and we now have no Green Card. Has anyone done the Electronic version of the I-765 for EAD versus mailing it in the post? Does one work more quickly than the other?

Also, the officer in ATL told us that he thought the FBI was handling checks from Feb/March 2003 and our check was initiated on July 7, 2003. Sounds like we are going to need the EAD unless some government official can intervene. Will this nighmare EVER end?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:32 am
Eli

I've been waiting nearly 10 months now since interview so the
Feb/March 2003 thing isn't necessarily true unfortunately.

Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

On last friday I had gone to Santa Ana BCIS to check on my status, after waiting in line for almost 7 hours I just got to know, "checks are not back yet". I asked for a timeline, the agent hastily said "it varies from individual to individual, these checks are all done in washington, so we don't know". So much information for missing work and 7 hours of wait in line since 5:30 in the morning....to hell with BCIS!!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

On 20th september my wife gave birth to my child, so now I'm not only married to an US citizen, also a father of a US citizen, but still didn't receive any letter from INS as yet. This is so frustrating. Is there any end to this long long wait......??
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Well, congratulations on the baby!

I still have not yet heard anything (9 mos now since "successful" interview), but it appears others are just now beginning to get approval notices in the mail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.