Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview date but no packet 4 - Help Please

Interview date but no packet 4 - Help Please

Old Jan 5th 2002, 2:01 pm
Banjo Bob

Its less than 2 weeks until the big interview day in Warsaw (We think).

My lady hasn't received anything from them but we're on the consulate web site
interview schedule. INS still thinks our file is lost but Warsaw had to work from
something. This whole INS situation is a total mess. The left hand doesn't even know
there is a right hand, much less what its doing? Its a very bad joke at best.

So, if we show up in warsaw based only on the web page information and without the
documents that are supposed to be in the new "packet-4" what is most likely to
happen? The Warsaw consulate page still doesn't have the new forms on the site but
we've prepared the old ones that they do have. (One part of the 156 is a crooked scan
that is very ugly).

We don't know whether to fly to Warsaw or not. We've not received any communication
or confirmation from anybody. I don't want to buy plane tickets for us only to find
out that the information is just another of the dozens of other misinformation but,
we don't want to miss it in case its true.

An E-mail to Warsaw asking for clarification, confirmation and the packet 4
materials to be sent has remained unanswered. We don't know what to do now. Anybody
have any advice?

Bob

Old Jan 5th 2002, 2:55 pm
Jim

If Warsaw isn't answering e-mails, you need to call them. If you can't get them on
the phone, fax them. You really don't want to go flying off to Poland for no reason.
My experience is dated. But when I was going through this, I was always able to reach
them through one channel or another.

On Sat, 05 Jan 2002 10:01:33 -0500, Banjo Bob wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 5th 2002, 4:23 pm
Rcol320618

Bob

By all means call them, here is there telephone and fax number

Tel: 011-48-22-625-1042 Fax: 011-48-22-627-4734

Here are the times you can reach them, you must callbetween these times or you will
not get an answer.

10-12 AM and 2-4 PM

Definately call them,as you say things are messed up now. Don't worry about packet
4, it is very simple, just take the information they require with you because they
have these forms there.Your fiancee will need to sign it in front of the consular
officer and not before. This should present no problem, but take the one you have
just in case. Please let me know the outcome of your inquirey's, as you know I'm
still waiting for the interview, as I had similar problems with Warsaw and NSC. Good
luck to you!

(Randy)

Old Jan 5th 2002, 4:33 pm
Banjo Bob

Thanks Randy. I've called, faxed and E-mailed them many times already. I'm not sure
if they're open Monday (7-Jan) as that is the Nativity holiday (Julian Christmas
date) in many part of Europe. I'll sure give it a try.

If I hadn't looked at the web site, neither of us would have known about this. There
is something severly broken in this whole process.

Bob

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 5th 2002, 4:34 pm
Rcol320618

Bob, The times I gave you were for Warsaw time, of course I'm sure you knew that. I
didn't want to be like the INS and not give you the proper info

(Randy)

Old Jan 5th 2002, 4:50 pm
Banjo Bob

Thanks! ;-} Yes, I knew those were Warsaw times. I've got a desktop web page with the
time/temp for Kiev, Warsaw, etc. running all the time.

I wish there was something I could do to help you.

I wish you the best of luck!!!!! Bob

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 7th 2002, 5:26 pm
Banjo Bob

I telephoned Warsaw this morning and yes, they do have our file and it was processed
2-January. We are to be there early the 17th. The woman I spoke with said that it
would not be a problem not having the packet 4 material or the appointment letter.
She said we'd be on the list and we would be admitted. She also said it has been very
cold in Warsaw and to dress warm.

Airfares are extreme this close to the date but whatever. I'm not going to delay
another day seeing my lady!

Nebraska still says our file is in the USA somewhere. Little do they know

FYI, she said the hotels in order of proximity to the embassy were: Sheraton, MDM,
and then the Grand. We'll be at the Sheraton.

These are the same people (INS) guarding our borders! If they can't keep track of a
visa file or mail a letter how can they ever hope to protect a nation?

One happy day coming up! ;-} Bob

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 10th 2002, 11:32 am
Banjo Bob

We're proceeding without a packet 4. It was supposedly mailed on 3-January but no
sign of it. I requested they send it again but we never received anything again.

I called Warsaw and they said to just show up and they'd do it there.

All I can say is its a damn good thing I looked at the web site or neither one of us
would know that next week is the interview. We had 14 days notice due to that. It
took another 4 days to confirm it was real.

Bob

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >