Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview BEFORE recieving EAD work card??

Wikiposts

Interview BEFORE recieving EAD work card??

Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Johnny5isAlive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview BEFORE recieving EAD work card??

I have recieved a notice for an interview on the 16th of march, Yet I have not recieved my EAD card yet?.....

Is this normal? I read somewhere that the AOS and EAD are processed in different places so will I still recieve it?

Do I need to make an Infopass appointment? If so what does this require?

Thanks in advance for your replies

J5
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview BEFORE recieving EAD work card??

Originally Posted by Johnny5isAlive
I have recieved a notice for an interview on the 16th of march, Yet I have not recieved my EAD card yet?.....

Is this normal? I read somewhere that the AOS and EAD are processed in different places so will I still recieve it?

Do I need to make an Infopass appointment? If so what does this require?

Thanks in advance for your replies

J5
Congratulations! USCIS is speeding up a lot these days, and your interview is happening before your interim benefits are being produced. Nothing wrong with that. If you get your green card before you get your EAD, you can just ignore the EAD, you won't need it anymore.

Nothing to worry about...in fact, it's good news!

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations! USCIS is speeding up a lot these days, and your interview is happening before your interim benefits are being produced. Nothing wrong with that. If you get your green card before you get your EAD, you can just ignore the EAD, you won't need it anymore.

Nothing to worry about...in fact, it's good news!

Rene
Thankyou so much for your input, appreciated. I would like to be able to work or have the option to study even before March 16th. Would i be right in saying that the EAD is still on its way? Our application was recieved by USCIS on the 24th of december.. What should I expect at the interview? It asks to bring Original Court documents which I don't have as I filed them with my application. ( I am assuming they will already have them at hand?)

thanks in advance
Johnny5
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well you weren't suppose to send the original documents. The only thing original that needed to be sent was the application itself. Always send copies.

Since they have the originals it is hoped that you have copies of those documents. Bring two copies of all evidence to be safe. Ask to swap your copies for the originals, i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.

Bring any further evidence you have accumulated since you mailed the petition.

Bring your receipt for biometrics. This is very important.

Bring your passport and if you have your driver's license bring that as well.

Your EAD can be there anytime from 1 day to 90 days from the receipt of your petition. So your application is open and pending until at minimum March 24th.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou so much for your input, appreciated. I would like to be able to work or have the option to study even before March 16th. Would i be right in saying that the EAD is still on its way? Our application was recieved by USCIS on the 24th of december.. What should I expect at the interview? It asks to bring Original Court documents which I don't have as I filed them with my application. ( I am assuming they will already have them at hand?)

thanks in advance
Johnny5
Yes, the EAD is still on its way. I think you already have the option of studying...the EAD isn't necessary for that.

The interview will just be to determine that your marriage is bona-fide, that your information on your forms is correct, and that you are eligible to become a permanent resident.

You should have sent photocopies of your court documents, but since you sent originals, bring photocopies to the interview.

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:43 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Would i be right in saying that the EAD is still on its way?
You'd be right in saying that the EAD application is still processing.
EADs have traditionally taken 90 days from application to receipt. Your AOS interview will be before that.

If the EAD comes, great, go work. If not, don't.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Well you weren't suppose to send the original documents. The only thing original that needed to be sent was the application itself. Always send copies.

Since they have the originals it is hoped that you have copies of those documents. Bring two copies of all evidence to be safe. Ask to swap your copies for the originals, i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.

Bring any further evidence you have accumulated since you mailed the petition.

Bring your receipt for biometrics. This is very important.

Bring your passport and if you have your driver's license bring that as well.

Your EAD can be there anytime from 1 day to 90 days from the receipt of your petition. So your application is open and pending until at minimum March 24th.
I did not send originals other than the court documents, which clearly states originals must be sent, I think everything is going to turn out fine.

I got excited when I seen the letter today as I thought it was going to be my EAD card

Still it is good news none the less
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Time between forms being recieved by USCIS and interview is 82 days
March 16th interview
March 24th will be the 90 days

Hopefully I will receive my EAD card sooner than that. I want to WORK!!!

Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I want to WORK!
Have you been applying for jobs? Going on interviews? Networking? You can do all that without an EAD. Indeed, you can even accept employment without an EAD. The only thing you can't do is sign any paperwork.

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:18 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Time between forms being recieved by USCIS and interview is 82 days
March 16th interview
March 24th will be the 90 days
The processing "clock" stopped running the day the biometrics appointment was issued and resumed the day the biometrics were taken. Also, if the case is approved, any EAD you have will be lifted and retained. It will take anywhere from a week to three months [immigration officers will say 180 days] to receive the actual I-551 card.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

I recieved another notice for an interview yesterday this one is for the 18th.... The letter is exactly the same as the previous, word for word other than the date being 2 days later for the interview... Hmmmmmm I think someone has made a mistake.. don't you?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:16 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I recieved another notice for an interview yesterday this one is for the 18th.... The letter is exactly the same as the previous, word for word other than the date being 2 days later for the interview... Hmmmmmm I think someone has made a mistake.. don't you?

go to both ...

Let see what arrives in the Mail tomorrow ....try for the triple
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:17 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

A better word for the second notice might be "superfluity."
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
A better word for the second notice might be "superfluity."
Indeed, I will just be going to the first one and taking both notices.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Commentator

Indeed, I will just be going to the first one and taking both notices.
Due to the "smiley" emoticolon, I will ask: why take the second one? Second question -- it strikes me that a "6" and a "8" look alike -- was one of the notices smudged? Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.