Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interim EAD pending i-765

Interim EAD pending i-765

Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:49 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Interim EAD pending i-765

Just a quick question, I sent in i-765 EAD on July 28, and recieved my NOA early August with a recieved date of July 29th and Notice date of August 3rd.

After check processing for EAD's I realise I will not have my 1 year EAD in time. So my question is I know after 90 days of filing my EAD I am entitled to another interim permit. What do I count as my start date for 90 day, the recieved date or notice date on my NOA?

Thanks in advance

James
Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interim EAD pending i-765

Originally Posted by mcjimbo
Just a quick question, I sent in i-765 EAD on July 28, and recieved my NOA early August with a recieved date of July 29th and Notice date of August 3rd.

After check processing for EAD's I realise I will not have my 1 year EAD in time. So my question is I know after 90 days of filing my EAD I am entitled to another interim permit. What do I count as my start date for 90 day, the recieved date or notice date on my NOA?

Thanks in advance

James
Unfortunately, you are not entitled to a second interim EAD. One is the limit from the accounts of many others before you who have been there and done that.

However, you only sent in your I-765 in July of this year so how do you already have any interim. On what basis was it issued?

Rete
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Unfortunately, you are not entitled to a second interim EAD. One is the limit from the accounts of many others before you who have been there and done that.

However, you only sent in your I-765 in July of this year so how do you already have any interim. On what basis was it issued?

Rete
Rete.....James is referring to the temp 90-day EAD stamp at the POE that he received. That one will expire before he gets his 1-year card. And also, lately, a few people have posted that it is indeed possible to get 2 consecutive interims while waiting for the 1-year card.

James....Start counting the 90 days from the day after the Received Date on your NOA. July 30th will be your Day 1. On the 91st day, march in and get your interim

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Rete.....James is referring to the temp 90-day EAD stamp at the POE that he received. That one will expire before he gets his 1-year card. And also, lately, a few people have posted that it is indeed possible to get 2 consecutive interims while waiting for the 1-year card.

James....Start counting the 90 days from the day after the Received Date on your NOA. July 30th will be your Day 1. On the 91st day, march in and get your interim

Best Wishes,
Rene

Assumed that was what he meant. However, that is not what he said. A temporary 90 day EAD associated with K-1 entry is not renewable or extendable.

I try to read every post that comes up daily but I seem to have missed reading about people who were successful in obtaining a second interim EAD because their one year EAD had not been issued. I recall reading many posts of worry that they won't get it because others hadn't. Glad that some district offices are seeing the light.

Rete
Old Sep 8th 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Rete:
Mahir received his 90-day temp EAD at POE JFK on May 25, 2004 when he came in - we applied for AOS/EAD/AP on June 7, 2004 and yesterday (September 7, 2004) he got his interim EAD that gives him until May 6, 2005. That is what I believe James is asking. You get a temp upon entry as a K1 and then once you apply for your EAD with AOS you can get an interim if you haven't received your 1 year EAD after 90 days of applying for it.
Allison
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MMA2002
Rete:
Mahir received his 90-day temp EAD at POE JFK on May 25, 2004 when he came in - we applied for AOS/EAD/AP on June 7, 2004 and yesterday (September 7, 2004) he got his interim EAD that gives him until May 6, 2005. That is what I believe James is asking. You get a temp upon entry as a K1 and then once you apply for your EAD with AOS you can get an interim if you haven't received your 1 year EAD after 90 days of applying for it.
Allison

Thanks, Allison. I've been reading McJimbo's posts for a while now and I realize he is not fully cognizant of terminology :-) a difficulty in and of itself for a great many people, myself included. He knew what he meant (I hope) as did I and you. But for newbies reading his post, they do not and clarification, at least I thought, was called for to help unconfuse those who would be scratching their heads in bewilderment when reading the OP.

While I am all to familiar with the way things work with the USCIS and the 90 day temporary work authorization for a K-1 recipient, the filing procedure for a one year EAD based on pending AOS and the procedure for obtaining an interim EAD on the 91st day after filing for the one year EAD, I am very glad that you spelled out the procedure for those that are not as familiar with it.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:02 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Thanks a lot all. Sorry for not clarifying what I meant Rete, Rene was right though.

So as of October 28, I will be marching to Milwaukee downtown CIS for my interm EAD!