Wikiposts

Interim EAD :)

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interim EAD :)

Contratulations, Dutch!

I guess they're thinking you'll get the 2-year one very soon....otherwise 3 months isn't very long for an interim one!

I still find all the "can/can't work", "must/must not show EAD" , etc. stuff confusing!

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Contratulations, Dutch!

I guess they're thinking you'll get the 2-year one very soon....otherwise 3 months isn't very long for an interim one!

I still find all the "can/can't work", "must/must not show EAD" , etc. stuff confusing!

Rene
Thank you Rene.
I don't think it'll take long now to get the 2-year one.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:57 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Thanks Leslie
I have one application out at the moment, and the field I used to work in has plenty of openings.... and now that I got the card, I'll be jobhunting like crazy.
That's wonderful.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:29 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Hi guy's,
Well, today I went back to the Louisville, KY office to pick up my Interim EAD card.
It went without any problems really. I got there at 12.30 and sat there for 45 minutes. The guy called me in, and made the card for me.
Valid: 3 months.

Yeah the EAD is painless lol got them them want ads now Best of luck.

Cindy
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:45 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guy's,
Well, today I went back to the Louisville, KY office to pick up my Interim EAD card.
It went without any problems really. I got there at 12.30 and sat there for 45 minutes. The guy called me in, and made the card for me.
Valid: 3 months.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:46 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hi-jack your thread dutchie.. but I have been waiting for 100 days!!, This is taking longer than my I-129 approval!! (72 days). What the heck is going on??

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:49 pm
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about

The fact that the interim EAD is only valid for 90 days should not make a shred of difference to employment prospects - as I was told when I obtained my interim EAD "if you don't get your EAD before this interim EAD expires just come back and we'll issue you another interim EAD right away"

So it really don't matter if you're on an interim or not you're still employable for as long as they like. Just tell them it's valid for 90 days and you can get another 90 days immediately on expiration, and again after that, and again... just might have to take a few hours off to go down and get it Realistically though you should have your EAD before the interim expires.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:07 pm

Originally posted by Ric
The fact that the interim EAD is only valid for 90 days should not make a shred of difference to employment prospects - as I was told when I obtained my interim EAD "if you don't get your EAD before this interim EAD expires just come back and we'll issue you another interim EAD right away"

So it really don't matter if you're on an interim or not you're still employable for as long as they like. Just tell them it's valid for 90 days and you can get another 90 days immediately on expiration, and again after that, and again... just might have to take a few hours off to go down and get it Realistically though you should have your EAD before the interim expires.
You can't get a second interim EAD.. at least that's what I have been told
"Realistically though you should have your EAD before the interim expires"

Should I??, I am starting to have second thoughts!!

Take care!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
You can't get a second interim EAD.. at least that's what I have been told
"Realistically though you should have your EAD before the interim expires"

Should I??, I am starting to have second thoughts!!

Take care!
Hyper! Hurry up and go get the interim one! Every day that goes by is a day wasted when you could have had it! You are 9 days late!

If Sadegh doesn't get his by day 90, you better believe on day 91 we will be right there on USCIS doorstep!

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:13 pm

Hyper! Hurry up and go get the interim one! Every day that goes by is a day wasted when you could have had it! You are 9 days late!

If Sadegh doesn't get his by day 90, you better believe on day 91 we will be right there on USCIS doorstep!

Rene
I know!! But my hubby has been so busy lately.. and I have no one to take me.. besides I want my darn I-765 approved, It has been a 100 days.. It is getting ridiculous!!
If I request the Interim EAD on Monday (13 days later), they won't cut off 13 days out of my interim EAD right??
Rene.. I am going Bonkers!! lol
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:14 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

How long does the normal EAD last for? Once I file my AOS and then get work auth, how long is the standard EAD? I know the interim is only if you have not gotten the proper EAD within 90 days of applying.
As far as discriminating against someone for only having a 90 day, it is the same as a lot of US work laws,,, like not being allowed to call up another employer and get "the dirt" on an employee, by law they can't do that,,, also they can't discriminate against a woman if she is married or pregnant,, a lot of laws are there but pretty impossible to enforce unless an employer is actually gonna record it on the letter which tells you you didn't get the job.
Patrick
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:15 pm

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I know!! But my hubby has been so busy lately.. and I have no one to take me.. besides I want my darn I-765 approved, It has been a 100 days.. It is getting ridiculous!!
If I request the Interim EAD on Monday (13 days later), they won't cut off 13 days out of my interim EAD right??
Rene.. I am going Bonkers!! lol
No, I don't think so....they make it valid from the day you walked in and got it, I'm pretty sure. Maybe the EAD will come Friday or Saturday and you can avoid going in on Monday! Wouldn't that be a treat??

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:17 pm

Originally posted by inquisitive40
How long does the normal EAD last for? Once I file my AOS and then get work auth, how long is the standard EAD? I know the interim is only if you have not gotten the proper EAD within 90 days of applying.
As far as discriminating against someone for only having a 90 day, it is the same as a lot of US work laws,,, like not being allowed to call up another employer and get "the dirt" on an employee, by law they can't do that,,, also they can't discriminate against a woman if she is married or pregnant,, a lot of laws are there but pretty impossible to enforce unless an employer is actually gonna record it on the letter which tells you you didn't get the job.
Patrick
Hi Patrick

It seems for K1's, it's a 1-year EAD. For K3's it's starting to be a 2-year EAD. I don't know what it is if you have adjusted from some other method, but I am guessing 1-year.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:18 pm

No, I don't think so....they make it valid from the day you walked in and got it, I'm pretty sure. Maybe the EAD will come Friday or Saturday and you can avoid going in on Monday! Wouldn't that be a treat??

Rene
That would be awesome!!, If I get my darn I-765 approved.. you guys will be the FIRST to know for sure!!
Speaking of treats.. I want some snickers and I have none left!, aww Rene.. you are bad!! lol
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:22 pm

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Patrick
They are usually valid for one year.. but Leslie's husband and lpdiver's wife (both K3's) got a 2 year one
I have heard that many employers won't accept employees with a 90 day EAD.. that's why I want my year EAD. MSC/NBC Hurry up or I am gonna have to go there and fart right on your face

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.