Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

INS Interview what happens next

INS Interview what happens next

Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Damagya will become famous soon enough
Default INS Interview what happens next

Had the interview begining of October just needed to fill in biographical info and submit I864a contract between sponsor and spouse was told that was it then i woud be approved. Its a month later nothing yet any ideas on how long it would normally take
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INS Interview what happens next

Originally Posted by Damagya
Had the interview begining of October just needed to fill in biographical info and submit I864a contract between sponsor and spouse was told that was it then i woud be approved. Its a month later nothing yet any ideas on how long it would normally take
In a case like this, there is no "normal". Your information has to arrive at the facility, get stamped in, get to the appropriate officers desk, then wait its turn until the officer has time to review the information. The officer might even need to consult with a supervisor to get it approved. There's no way of knowing how long it will take.

By the way, there's no more INS. If your interview was for adjustment of status, the agency is USCIS. If the interview was for a visa, it's DOS.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Damagya will become famous soon enough
Default Re: INS Interview what happens next

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In a case like this, there is no "normal". Your information has to arrive at the facility, get stamped in, get to the appropriate officers desk, then wait its turn until the officer has time to review the information. The officer might even need to consult with a supervisor to get it approved. There's no way of knowing how long it will take.

By the way, there's no more INS. If your interview was for adjustment of status, the agency is USCIS. If the interview was for a visa, it's DOS.

Rene
Yes sorry it was USCIS have always called it INS went through the process in the early 90's so it has always stuck with me