Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

india DCF --- who does it ?

india DCF --- who does it ?

Old May 11th 2003, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default come on plz dont ignore me like this ( india)

hello everybody

Iam a k1 visa benificiary . MY case is a bit complicated i was previously married and divorced since 7 years now . iam 30 years old and my fiancee is 23 (usc) taller than me by 5 inches. Iam a lawyer in india, she is student and her parents agree with or descision about marraige. Initially i wanted her to come to india and stay with me and she agreed to it but then my parents when i told them , kicked me out so now iam staying with my friends and stuff and now we all think that it will easy and more better if i move to usa for atleast we have her parents support and as she is working too and i will look for some odd jobs while i study AGAIN . But if she comes here she wont be able to work here initially i dont have any place to stay and since iam a new lawyer i dont earn much and i wont be able to maintain her standard of living
as u believe it or not its said " when poverty comes in through the door love flies away from window " and i really dont want to lose her so i have agreed to move to usa. so after 6 months of argument she finally filed the petition for k1 visa in california and which was approved and iam even expecting interview date in june
so
just in case they deny us visa. we want to get married when she comes here so i was wondering after getting married where can we file DCF (my Embassy is MUMBAi does it have the facility or its only done at delhi ?) and how is it done ?

plz help me with this

Last edited by makkabokka; May 12th 2003 at 5:10 am.
Old May 12th 2003, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

something wrong with me ? i have posted three threads here so far and no one has replied or helped me i wonder why ??
is is my name ?????
Old May 12th 2003, 4:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: come on plz dont ignore me like this ( india)

Originally posted by makkabokka
hello everybody

Iam a k1 visa benificiary . MY case is a bit complicated i was previously married and divorced since 7 years now . iam 30 years old and my fiancee is 23 (usc) taller than me by 5 inches. Iam a lawyer in india, she is student and her parents agree with or descision about marraige. Initially i wanted her to come to india and stay with me and she agreed to it but then my parents when i told them , kicked me out so now iam staying with my friends and stuff and now we all think that it will easy and more better if i move to usa for atleast we have her parents support and as she is working too and i will look for some odd jobs while i study AGAIN . But if she comes here she wont be able to work here initially i dont have any place to stay and since iam a new lawyer i dont earn much and i wont be able to maintain her standard of living
as u believe it or not its said " when poverty comes in through the door love flies away from window " and i really dont want to lose her so i have agreed to move to usa. so after 6 months of argument she finally filed the petition for k1 visa in california and which was approved and iam even expecting interview date in june
so
just in case they deny us visa. we want to get married when she comes here so i was wondering after getting married where can we file DCF (my Embassy is MUMBAi does it have the facility or its only done at delhi ?) and how is it done ?

plz help me with this
Read here first: you should find the answer you're looking for. Read carefully. You haven't been denied yet, but I applaud your thinking ahead.
http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html
Old May 13th 2003, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

ok
but it s says india dosent have the dcf facility or the information is wrong ?
Old May 13th 2003, 3:38 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

ok
but it s says india dosent have the dcf facility or the information is wrong ?

I have some recollection that DCF is infact now available through New Delhi. I suggest you do a search on google on DCF, Inida. Here is a useful thread that I found:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ogle.com#link3
The reason you are getting so few replies is because very few people are familiar with the convoluted visa processing methods in Inida. I'm not Indian inspite of my very Indian name. I'm from Sri Lanka originally, so I suppose you could say I'm trying to be a good neighbour

Last edited by Ranjini; May 13th 2003 at 4:52 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

yes indeed ranjini ur being a good neighbour thanks for then link
sine u know our story and very detail what do u think our chances are ? but anyways i just want to be ready and if u find some more info on dcf plz help me with it
thank u so much
Old May 13th 2003, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi makkabokka.

There were a few people here who went the DCF thru New Delhi, but none of them did this after a denial. This is another reason you are not getting many replies. You may be fixating too much on the denial. Simple "denials" can be remedied thru Mumbai.
Here is another link that talks about the Indian version of DCF:

http://www.murthy.com/UDnudelhi.html

You do not have to be a resident of India to do it.
Best wishes,
Old May 13th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

hi tara so atlast u take notice of my postings u, amys and ranjini alphona are queens for indian family visas now!! congratulations maybe u all should start ur own site specially for k1 and k3 visas well i understand u all had to go through so much pain and i feel sorry for that but now its my turn to go through it so iam just preparing myself so i dont have to go through that agony. and honestly i want things to be so fast. so thats why iam freaking out about denial. I will go through mumbai embassy for k1 interview which has bad reputation when it comes to different religion, race and divorce . so my case is too perfect for those guys for either delaying or denial but i guess denials are rare ( correct me ) but just in case iam getting married and go through delhi

thanks for everything
not just on my behalf but on everybodys behalf to u all
Old May 14th 2003, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

hey guys DCF is done at newdelhi
well u know its done, but i will still copy paste their reply so maybe u can help others with this info too "
Yes, you can file petition for your spouse at Home Land Security office
in
New Delhi, India. For more information, please write at
[email protected] OR
make at call at 24198506"
Thanks & Regards
Old May 14th 2003, 6:32 pm
ProfsnlOCMan

Default Re: india DCF --- who does it ?

Makkabokka

I've seen your multiple postings.. I have noted you don't make much
effort to search this newsgroup for previous postings. You are either
lazy or simply not capable. If you are not capable of doing a search
of this newsgroup, ASK.

MAKE THE EFFORT TO SEARCH AND YOU WILL FIND MULTIPLE POSTINGS ON DCF
in New Delhi - so get off your lazy ass and do it !!

One more comment - If you are so suspicious of getting a denial, there
is probably a good reason for it. Let me point one thing out to you -
the Indian consular staff is smart - they will smell a fraudulent case
a mile away. Seems like you are looking for an economically better
future in the USA, given that you are a complete failure (no income at
age 30 in India IS a failure !!).

If they think you are using your fiancee for getting a better life
here economically, they will definitely put you on admin review. That
means 3-6 months delay.

I can speak from experience because I followed Tara and Alpona's
postings on K-1 and had my Indian citizen fiancee in and out of the
consulate in 30 minutes with a K1 visa. This was in March 2003.

Looks like you haven't bothered to read my K1 post (Mumbai) either..
for a lawyer you sound pretty dumb to me or as we say in the USa, you
probably have your head up your ass.

makkabokka wrote in message news:...
    > hey guys DCF is done at newdelhi
    > well u know its done, but i will still copy paste their reply so maybe
    > u can help others with this info too "
    > Yes, you can file petition for your spouse at Home Land Security office
    > in
    > New Delhi, India. For more information, please write at
    > [email protected] OR
    > make at call at 24198506"
    > Thanks & Regards

Old May 15th 2003, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everybody

so

plz help me with this
makkabokka,

Sorry for not responding promptly, have been sick with the flu. The great northeast weather.

If you have read my earlier posts, you should know that we finally got the visa after the review. If you tell the truth and not hiding anything,whatever it may be, you will get the visa.

There has to be a strong reason to deny. They can't based it on if you are right handed and she is left handed. They need hard-core facts to deny. Reasons to deny if you are still married, some criminal background or medical issues. Not because if divorce, kids, financial, etc.

They can say whatever they want at the interview as long you tell the truth and stay calm.

Don't worry to much you will get through.

I don't know much about dcf but I was thinking about it one point cause I was not seeing any movement on our case for 4 months.

I believe the consular who interviewed my fiance(husband now)at that time was giving mostly everbody administrative review. It looks quite and calm there now. No horror stories. Its the luck of draw.

I honestly believe things change there since there is a new adminstrative person working there. I have not seen any problems from the consulate since we were under review.

If worst comes to worst, you will get reviewed not deny. All it is a waiting game. They want to see how long both of you can survive the pain and turmoil of not knowing what the hell is wrong.

You will do fine and stop this craziness you are causing yourself. Its not good for your help or sanity. Believe me its not good to freak out. Theres nothing you can do, just do your best.

amy
Old May 15th 2003, 6:45 am
Just Joined

dksngc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am Makkabokka's fiancee. I just wanted to thank Amy and all of the other helpful, positive people in this forum. You have been a lot of help. We are now far more prepared for the interview.
I don't know what to say about the negative people though.
There was an insinuation that my fiance just wants to come to the USA to better his economic standing and that perhaps he is fearing denial so much because he has reason to be denied. Well both statements are false. It was at my request that he is coming to the USA. He has no interest in leaving India other then to be with me. We also have no reason to be denied a visa. Perhaps we have read too many horror stories about Bombay and so we are thinking ahead in case anything should go wrong.
As for calling my fiance a loser is comepletely out of line. No one here knows his circumstances and therfore you should pass judgement on him. I do not care to defend ourselves anymore than this because the negative comments change nothing.
We will continue to use this site for helpful information and we sympathize with anyone who is going through the same things as us. I know we will get our visa despite any negative, ignorant comments. Thanks again to those of you who have enough class to keep things positive.
Old May 15th 2003, 1:30 pm
Banned

Originally posted by dksngc
<snip>As for calling my fiance a loser is comepletely out of line. No one here knows his circumstances and therfore you should pass judgement on him. I do not care to defend ourselves anymore than this because the negative comments change nothing.
We will continue to use this site for helpful information and we sympathize with anyone who is going through the same things as us. I know we will get our visa despite any negative, ignorant comments. Thanks again to those of you who have enough class to keep things positive.
You will always get the oddball who is annoyingly out of line. Ignore them....
Old May 15th 2003, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ranjini
You will always get the oddball who is annoyingly out of line. Ignore them....
Ranjini,

You are so right, many oddballs who want to make your situation feel even worse. You probably remember my situation earlier. I had many people critizing that I was not tell telling the truth. There were so many accusations that other posters made about us. It looked like a big soap opera. At one point I thought posters were getting a kick out of it. They even said I was lying cause my grammer was not perfect. Since I am in the medical profession, they thought I should write proper. I don't know how they come to that conclusion. Well, I know surgeons who can not even fold their own clothes or do simple tasks. They are focus in that they are doing. This is an example, no ones perfect. This does not mean all surgeons, just a few. I hope no one gets the wrong idea or blast me on this. Its true not all us can be perfect in everything. Thats why they have transcriptionists and secretaries to do the grammer part.

amy
Old May 16th 2003, 2:50 am
Banned

Originally posted by amys
<snip> You probably remember my situation earlier. I had many people critizing that I was not tell telling the truth. There were so many accusations that other posters made about us. It looked like a big soap opera. At one point I thought posters were getting a kick out of it. They even said I was lying cause my grammer was not perfect. Since I am in the medical profession, they thought I should write proper. I don't know how they come to that conclusion <snip>
amy
I do remember, Amy. Only too well. But my personal take on people who indulge in this kind of behaviour is that they probably have more problems in their own personal lives than they can handle. So they lash out at other people who they think are in a vulnerable situation with the sole intent of causing hurt. In short it's sick. I hope you can take comfort in that. It's nothing to do with you, and I wouldn't take it personally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.