Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Immunisation and medical history summary - what do they look like?

Immunisation and medical history summary - what do they look like?

Old Sep 12th 2019, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immunisation and medical history summary - what do they look like?

Hello all,

Hoping someone can just verify something for me regarding the immunisation records.
I’m still at NVC stage and am almost done with submitting all my docs, just waiting on my ACRO certificate and then I’m good to go and am trying to get ahead of the game for the interview and medical. I saw you need to bring to the medical a copy of your immunisation records and, by the looks of it now, a summary of my medical history. I wasn’t going to do anything about getting these this far ahead of time but I haven’t had any vaccinations since I was little and wanted to see how many I might need to be up to date and perhaps get them done before the actual medical, so I popped into my GP to ask for my immunisation record. It was simply printed out for me on a piece of A4 paper and really doesn’t contain anything other than my name, address, doctor and then the immunisations. I’m just wondering if this is the thing I’ll actually need to take and if the medical summary looks similar. It just feels a bit weird handing over a piece of paper that looks almost like a screenshot from their computer screen and so I just want to make sure im not missing anything here.
Many thanks in advance!
Old Sep 13th 2019, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Alba2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immunisation and medical history summary - what do they look like?

That's exactly what I received .. a screenshot of immunisations. I'm guessing I'll need to approach my GP and have this provided in a letter on headed paper.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Wirksworth is an unknown quantity at this point

I took a short medical history which had a section for immunisations which my Drs gave me, I think is you just asked for the immunisation summary it may well be the same section . My medical summary looked like an extract from a database nothing fancy so I think I would get the medical summary and this will have immunisations too.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 8:38 am
Just Joined

alilbabba is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband just had his medical last week. He got caught up on all his jabs via GPs office before the appointment. Afterwards the nurse just printed exactly what you said - his record from their system. The doc that did the medical was fine with that.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of your kind replies guys! You’ve put my mind at rest!