Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Immigrant Visa, where have I gone wrong?

Immigrant Visa, where have I gone wrong?

Old Jun 6th 2016, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

joannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrant Visa, where have I gone wrong?

Hello,

I am a American and my husband is British. We started the Immigrant Visa process in August 2015. This is the timeline so far...

* We submitted the I-130 and got an approval date of 07.08.2015 and a case number
* Submitted DS-260 on the 29/09/2015 - just noticed that there is a expiry date of 31/03/2016 on that form online
* ACPO cert completed in April 2016
* Medical done on the 05/05/2016
* I have completed the last three tax returns and have had first page of each tax return stamped to show its been received
* organized the I-864 form

I know that there is a rather long gap between all of the evidence being gathered but I was under the impression that I had 1 year from August to get the evidence together and to organize my husbands interview.

With all of this in mind, I am wondering how I actually go about getting the interview. I have never submitted anything through the NVC as I was under the impression this was not necessary as we were applying through the UK embassy in London. I have never received anything to confirm when the interview date is and I am now worried we have run out of time to have chased it.

Please can someone answer these questions:

1. Do I have to do another DS-260 if expiration date was March and does this effect the process for getting my husbands interview?
2. Do I need to register and submit evidence through the NVC if going through the embassy
3. How do I book in my interview or should I have received a letter with the date
4. Does it look like we have to start this process again?
5. Does anyone have a contact number of someone who can help with the VISA at the UK embassy or elsewhere? Every number I have found is automated and not much help!

Sorry for the long post but would really appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks so much
Old Jun 6th 2016, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrant Visa, where have I gone wrong?

Originally Posted by joannon
I was under the impression that I had 1 year from August to get the evidence together and to organize my husbands interview.
You have one year between each step of the process... not one year from the approval of the I-130 to completion of the process. You can actually stretch out the process for many years if you like.

I am wondering how I actually go about getting the interview.
You submit the interview readiness form. You should be able to find it online easily enough with a Google search.

I have never submitted anything through the NVC as I was under the impression this was not necessary as we were applying through the UK embassy in London.
Correct.

To answer your questions:

1. No. No.
2. No.
3. See above.
4. No.
5. You can't contact them directly. Use the online contact page on the Embassy Web site.

Ian
Old Jun 6th 2016, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your help, feeling more relieved!
Old Jun 6th 2016, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ian,

Have just submitted the Visa Readiness form, it tell me to follow a link
but I assume I need to wait for a letter to confirm the interview date?

I followed the link (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv) to set up the appointment as per the instructions but it says not ready for interview when I get to the end?

Old Jun 6th 2016, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Have just submitted the Visa Readiness form, it tell me to follow a link but I assume I need to wait for a letter to confirm the interview date?

I followed the link (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv) to set up the appointment as per the instructions but it says not ready for interview when I get to the end?
As soon as I posted the previous information, I remembered that someone had recently posted that it's now possible to pick your own interview dates. I've not had a need to do that myself, but I'm sure others have, so hopefully someone else will chime in on this.

Ian
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian,

Have just submitted the Visa Readiness form, it tell me to follow a link
but I assume I need to wait for a letter to confirm the interview date?

Yes - that's the right thing to do. You follow that link and can book your own interview appointment now. If it says - not ready for interview - just keep trying each day and eventually it should allow you. If it doesn't let you in for while, theres a way to email asking for help from that booking site. I tried it before and they did reply.
I haven't checked, but I think interviews are available from early July.
Hope that helps?
Old Jun 6th 2016, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

dljack is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest sending an email to the address that is given on the booking site. I did after it was showing not ready to interview and received an answer that my case was unlocked and I could book. Give LND number, intending immigrants details, DS-260 number and date you submitted notice of readiness. It only took about 3 hours (during business hours) and I had my husbands appointment booked.
D
Old Jun 8th 2016, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks DLJACK! That is very helpful, much appreciated!
Old Jun 8th 2016, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you LITTLEDORRIT! Will try rebooking today and if not will send them an email!