Reload this Page >

Immigrant visa... Approved!

Immigrant visa... Approved!

Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

austamck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrant visa... Approved!

Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all the help and advice on here... It was all taken on board and I think really helped us.

My husband had his interview scheduled for Friday 4th October at 10am.

We stayed over the night before at the Guoman, the Cumberland hotel which ended up being around a 9 minute walk from the embassy. We would highly recommend this. They had a great breakfast buffet, nice rooms, gym etc and perfect distance. I didn't go into the interview so was central enough for us to leave our bags while I wondered round the shops waiting for him.

We left our hotel at 7.50am - so many people said to go early which was 100% the right thing to do.

We took our time walking over. People were already queuing up outside (approx 20+). We started queuing at 8.15am

We joined the que and there was a lady standing advising people again not to take phones, headphones, key fobs (basically anything electrical) - you wouldn't believe how many people leave the que because they don't realise this!!

Once we got to the front of the que, a girl sat and was checking appointment letters and passports - she said I could wait with my husband until he goes in. She gave him a plastic bag to put any coins, belts or watch (anything metal)

The security guy then call groups of 4 people in at a time - this was where their metal items were scanned. My husband said it was then like an airport security check.

From then on I don't know all the details but here is what my husband told me:

He went to the desk, another lady checked his appointment letter and passport then gave him a ticket with a number.

He then sat in the waiting area where there was lots of people waiting. There was crisps, sandwiches, candy, juice, soda, tea and coffee to purchase - some people don't realise they need to pay but beware you will be asked... My husband said a couple of people did that.

His number was then called and he went to the desk, he handed over all the paperwork he had... They were only interested in:
Passport
Birth cert
Marriage cert
Police cert
Affidavit from me
Affidavit from his uncle (joint sponsor)

They didn't want
Our bank statements
The photos I put together as proof of our relationship
Email proof of potential jobs
Any proof of my domicile - quote for shipping our dog, letter from leasing agent, email from estate agent in the US, copy of my social security number with our future US address

He sat back down (he said he waiting around a lot)

He was then called again for the interview, it was a guy (he was very nice and polite), he asked about how we met, when and where we got married, why we wanted to relocate there and if we had jobs lined up.

He then paid the $230

That was it... Congratulations visa approved.

He also paid another £8 for the shipping - he didn't realise I had already paid it so better safe than sorry

He was out of there by 11.10am.

So just under 3 hours in total.

I hope this helps anyone getting organised for their interview... It seems we had a pretty straight forward time

Fire away with any questions and we'll help as much as we can
Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:32 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrant visa... Approved!

Congrats
Old Oct 6th 2013, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well done congrats!!!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 11:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by austamck
That was it... Congratulations visa approved.
Excellent... well done!

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute

Many many congratulations. Like you, we stayed the night before locally and it certainly took the pressure off a bit.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

austamck is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE!!

My husband received his passport back along with his big sealed envelope to hand over to immigration once we arrive yesterday - very quick turnaround

Old Oct 10th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

usa_uk will become famous soon enoughusa_uk will become famous soon enough

Major congrats! It seems like the interview was a piece of cake.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:33 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Always good to hear about the ones that went the way they should
Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It's not unusual that the person who collects the paperwork wants only the major items specifically required and will not take supporting information. (It's a particular problem for B-visa applicants.) In any case, the consular officer who conducts the interview will ask for additional supporting documentation if they feel they need it.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by austamck
He went to the desk, another lady checked his appointment letter and passport then gave him a ticket with a number.

He then sat in the waiting area where there was lots of people waiting. ...

His number was then called and he went to the desk, he handed over all the paperwork he had... They were only interested in:

They didn't want

He sat back down (he said he waiting around a lot)

He was then called again for the interview, ...