Reload this Page >

Immediate Visa (CR1) Interview Rescheduled By Emabassy

Immediate Visa (CR1) Interview Rescheduled By Emabassy

Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

craig10104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immediate Visa (CR1) Interview Rescheduled By Emabassy

Hi,

I just recieved an email from the visa interview booking system for the London Emabassy that my appointment has been rescheduled from the 29th July to the 23rd July, has anyone else had something similar? I don't want to get my hopes up but I feel if it were to be cancelled it wouldn't get rebooked. I'm applying for a CR1. Also I noticed that I cannot change it like usual (see below).

I've also noticed an update on their site (https://uk.usembassy.gov/information...d-19-outbreak/)
"

UPDATED: Can I apply for a fiancé(e)/K-1 visa?/What if my fiancé(e) visa petition expires?

Routine visa processing is currently suspended. We are only able to process visas for immediate family members, defined as spouses and minor children. Therefore we are unable to proceed with fiancé(e) visa applications at this time.

If the fiancé(e) visa petition expires, you may revalidate the petition with a letter from the petitioner stating that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will do so within 90 days of your arrival in the United States. You should take the letter with you to your visa interview in the future, not mail it or email it to the Embassy.
"
They're saying they are processing visas for "immediate family members, defined as spouses and minor children". Again don't want to get my hopes up and don't like to speculate but to me it seems like they may be planning on restarting interviews slightly. Please let me know if anyone else has had this!
Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Immediate Visa (CR1) Interview Rescheduled By Emabassy

Also on the email confirmation I have noticed a new line

"You must attend your consular interview at the date and time assigned to you in your appointment letter/email."

All very strange, hope it's for real because this has been an emotional rollercoaster for everyone
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're okay. IR1/CR1 visa interviews are currently taking place at the US Embassy in London. It's K1 visas (and everyone else) who have to wait in limbo for now.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Oh, that's good I wasn't aware they started doing interviews again. I do hope they start on K1 visas soon, I feel like they should be treated the same really.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Just got the reason why in an email from The Visa Information Service <[email protected]>

"Dear applicant,

Your appointment date has been changed to accommodate resources at the US Embassy. Please log in to your online account to check the new date of the appointment.

Visa Appointment and Information Services Team

"
Old Jun 26th 2020, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by os306
I think you're okay. IR1/CR1 visa interviews are currently taking place at the US Embassy in London. It's K1 visas (and everyone else) who have to wait in limbo for now.
Also just out of curiosity how do you know they're taking doing interviews for IR1/CR1? I don't see anything obvious on the site unless I'm just being dim.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

My K1 visa has been sitting at NVC since April sucks not knowing whats happening. Just wish K1 were a priority as much as CR1. Seeing as we are also separated from our loved ones. Hope you get your interview though.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
My K1 visa has been sitting at NVC since April sucks not knowing whats happening. Just wish K1 were a priority as much as CR1. Seeing as we are also separated from our loved ones. Hope you get your interview though.
Thanks, I agree K1s should be the same priority and I really hope they start them soon. I almost went that route
Old Jun 26th 2020, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craig10104
Also just out of curiosity how do you know they're taking doing interviews for IR1/CR1? I don't see anything obvious on the site unless I'm just being dim.
https://uk.usembassy.gov/information...d-19-outbreak/

Please note that routine visa processing at U.S. Embassy London is currently suspended.  We are only able to process visas for immediate family members, defined as spouses and minor children.  Therefore we are unable to proceed with fiancé(e) visa applications at this time. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Unfortunately, K1 applicants are out of luck here.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 3:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a lot of issues with the K1, there can be very unusual situations where it is the best bet. Seems we have another reason not to go that way.
Old Jun 29th 2020, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Ann257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond repute

we had our ir1 interview on Thursday. Very few people there, think they are just starting off slowly
Old Jun 29th 2020, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ann257
we had our ir1 interview on Thursday. Very few people there, think they are just starting off slowly
That's good news! How was it if you don't mind me asking?
Old Jun 29th 2020, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Ann257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news! How was it if you don't mind me asking?
was great, we have done this over 11 years ago and at the time we had only just got married, there was a million questions back then.
this time so different, we drove into London, parked in Waitrose you can get up to 2 hours free but the ticket machine was out of order. The staff at the embassy were all so nice.
there was only about 5 other people there for interviews. We were called to the first window, handed over documents, sat down for 5 mins and called to the 2nd window and swore to tell the truth (my 8 year old found this funny) and asked briefly about how we met, where we are going to reside and about my husbands work. Ensure you bring a mask!
overall we were in and out within hour and half.
Old Jun 29th 2020, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ann257
was great, we have done this over 11 years ago and at the time we had only just got married, there was a million questions back then.
this time so different, we drove into London, parked in Waitrose you can get up to 2 hours free but the ticket machine was out of order. The staff at the embassy were all so nice.
there was only about 5 other people there for interviews. We were called to the first window, handed over documents, sat down for 5 mins and called to the 2nd window and swore to tell the truth (my 8 year old found this funny) and asked briefly about how we met, where we are going to reside and about my husbands work. Ensure you bring a mask!
overall we were in and out within hour and half.
That's great to hear! I just hope they stay open and don't go back into lock down before the end of July
Old Jun 29th 2020, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

That's great to hear! I just hope they stay open and don't go back into lock down before the end of July
this horrid virus has had such an awful impact hasn’t it.
the numbers are thankfully going down so am sure all will continue like that.
best of luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.