Reload this Page >

I'm Losing The Will Now.....

I'm Losing The Will Now.....

Old Aug 29th 2012, 4:49 pm
In Anticipation

BibbyBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm Losing The Will Now.....

Hi All,

Well, I've been desperately waiting to update you all on how my K1 Visa interview went on 6th August (especially after the uncertainty with my previous medical history) but I'm still at the unsure phase

The interview itself went fine, a long, long, long wait before I was interviewed, but in the end, she almost congratulated me and then had to correct herself stating that she would approve my visa once I got my German police certificate of good conduct sent back to her.

That bloody certificate has been the bain of my life - initially sending off for it on 21st May, them (FOJ, Germany) returning it to me on 5th June except, it never got to me because they'd missed the first line of my address (after much head-butting, cursing, swearing and crying and foiling my way around their website to try and contact them via email, as they don't have any other contact other than phone, which was permanently engaged, finally getting an email response from them via another office and communicating in German - 'cos I'm good like that!) they finally re-issued the certificate on 12th July to my correct address - it still hadn't arrived by my interview date!!!

So, lots more emails and finally, the only way I could get them to send it to me via trackable service was if I sent a FedEx envelope to them, pre-written and prepared, which I duly did at a cost of £102 for sending to them and in effect, sending back to myself!

I received the certificate last Monday (20th August) immediately booked the DX Secure courier for collection of said certificate and passport the next day and then went to an elderly lady (my mum knows) who is German, to translate for me (actually, I'd already done it and had it typed out ready for her to check and verify) and then she signed the prepared Affidavit I'd typed for her confirming her being fluent in blah, blah, blah.....

So, Tuesday morning (21st August) DX Secure arrive at 09.45am, give me my pre-printed receipt for payment made over the phone, took my certificate, affidavit and passport and dropped in their own envelope advising me that it should be at the Embassy by the next day or Thursday (22/23 August)

Now, I know it was a Bank Holiday this Monday (27th) but, can anybody please advise me how long this should take now because the lady who interviewed me told me that I should get my passport, duly stamped, within around 5 days but it's still not showing up on the tracking system with the courier yet, which means that the Embassy haven't passed it to them.

It's now Wednesday 29th, exactly a week since they should have received my envelope, but still with them?

Should I be worried?

I know you're probably all going to tell me to just be patient for a little longer but I'm really beginning to lose faith now - it looks like I'm not going to be able to get married on 12th October as we'd hoped because there simply won't be enough time to book anything by the time this is all done. We daren't book flights for my USC fiance to come over to collect me - the plan was he'd come on 8th Sept and we'd fly back together 16th September, but with a little over a week to go for that now, that's looking less and less likely but he can't come the following week because he has his annual physical for his company's health insurance and he's already moved that appointment once, from 12th September (because we thought he'd be here!!) but it has to be done before end of September or he'll have to pay the higher premium for the next year.

Sorry, I'm waffling away all my pent-up frustrations here - I really just wanted to be posting my good news, but it seems to be drifting further and further away now

Thanks for listening to me whine (or at least reading as far as you have before nodding off to sleep )

Chrissy
Old Aug 29th 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Losing The Will Now.....

So sorry to hear of all of this frustration for you! Hope everything comes ok in the end and that you'll be able to go on to better things after all of this headache.