Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

If no NOA what proof of date for EAD?

If no NOA what proof of date for EAD?

Old Feb 5th 2004, 4:14 pm
Monkey

Trisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If no NOA what proof of date for EAD?

I've kept up with this a bit and I realize that I probably look stupid. That said,

I filed for the AOS, AP, EAD, etc. on January 2. I have yet to receive ANY NOA, reciept, or notice that they have been received. I did hand them in in person, but just to a drop box, not to a human being.

My checks have not cleared the banks yet.

From what point (assuming that they have not lost the whole blasted thing) do I start counting for the Interim EAD.

Please tell me that the 90 days starts on Jan. 2.

Please help if you can!

P.S. filed in Memphis sub office.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:05 pm
Monkey

Trisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If no NOA what proof of date for EAD?

Either everybody knows the answer or nobody cares...but in case anyone else wants to know:

I called the Crap Customer Service Line.

I was told that when (and if) my checks clear the bank (assuming that in 90 days I still have rec'd no NOA) that the Date that my check was WRITTEN--not the date that it was CASHED will count as the start date for the 90 days.

So there you have it. who knows how accurate that information is. After all, why not write the check for two or three weeks before the day you submit it. Oh well...

Trisha
Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Epitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to all
Default Re: If no NOA what proof of date for EAD?

Originally posted by Trisha
Either everybody knows the answer or nobody cares...but in case anyone else wants to know:

I called the Crap Customer Service Line.

I was told that when (and if) my checks clear the bank (assuming that in 90 days I still have rec'd no NOA) that the Date that my check was WRITTEN--not the date that it was CASHED will count as the start date for the 90 days.

So there you have it. who knows how accurate that information is. After all, why not write the check for two or three weeks before the day you submit it. Oh well...

Trisha
I went through the same experienc in San Francisco. The EAD/AOS was mailed 12/15/03. The cash register receipt shows a date of 12/19/2003. My husband received his NOA for AOS and to pick up his EAD 1/31/04. He can pick up his EAD after 2/5/2004 but the NOA date for his AOS is 1/30/2004. I think the NOA date could be when the processor actually inputs the information in the system. I am not sure but this seems to be the case for my husband using the San Francisco District Office.