I864 Questions

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

davejenk477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I864 Questions

Hi,

We are filling in my wifes I864 form for a visa and have a couple of questions:

- My wifes dad will be our joint sponsor, should he be filling in an I864 form or an I864A form (or both)? We will be living with him temporarily when we get to the US.

- On my wifes I864 form should she says her domicile is the USA or the UK? We have some evidence that she has maintained domicile in the US but also evidence that she intents to re-establish domicile

- For my wifes individual income does she list her UK earned income? Or just put $0 as she hasn't earned anything in the US?

Thanks for your help, this is so confusing!
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 Questions

1. Joint sponsor fills out an I-864.

2. She should list her domicile as it is on the day she signs the I-864. Bring proof of her intent to domicile in the USA to your visa interview.

3. If she's working, her income is not 0. List her UK income.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

So no need for the I864A at all then? when the form refers to a household does it mean the household now, not after moving to the states?

For the domicile issue, I feel she has maintained domicile, as evidenced by maintaining a bank account in the US, a US drivers license etc but if this is not enough we have more evidence of intent to establish domicile as well. So I guess the question of whether her domicile is in the US depends on the opinion of the person looking at the evidence?!

Thanks for the advice!
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Current household size, not future.

I'd say if she's been living in the UK, and is currently living in the UK, then she's domiciled in the UK.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the advice!
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do a forum search for my 3 rules for form filling. You'll find them both instructive and valuable.

Ian
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, I'll have a look. Thank Ian!