British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I864 petitioner abroad (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i864-petitioner-abroad-945093/)

Senabyyc Aug 11th 2022 2:22 pm

I864 petitioner abroad

Hello we are filing dcf through London for a marriage based greencard. My pettitioner is a usc currently living and working abroad ( on student visa so not too worried about establishing domicile). But for the affadavit of support her income is foreign. Can we use her foreign income to meet the household income requirements.

Noorah101 Aug 11th 2022 2:27 pm

Re: I864 petitioner abroad

Will your wife's foreign income continue from the same source once she moves back to the USA?

Rene

Senabyyc Aug 11th 2022 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 13134298)
Will your wife's foreign income continue from the same source once she moves back to the USA?

Rene

she has a separate Higher paying job offer. We are debating even her going to usa first to get a paystub

SanDiegogirl Aug 11th 2022 2:49 pm

Thought the DCF via the London Embassy closed :

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Field Office in London closed permanently in July 2020. Individuals who were previously assisted by USCIS London must follow the new filing instructions listed on the USCIS website. All public inquiries should be directed to the USCIS contact center.

Senabyyc Aug 11th 2022 2:54 pm

[QUOTE=SanDiegogirl;13134302]Thought the DCF via the London Embassy closed :

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Field Office in London closed permanently in July 2020. Individuals who were previously assisted by USCIS London must follow the new filing instructions listed on the USCIS website.

we already have our i130 approved through uscis london just waiting on the interview at the consulate where i believe we show our i864

Noorah101 Aug 11th 2022 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Senabyyc (Post 13134299)
she has a separate Higher paying job offer. We are debating even her going to usa first to get a paystub

If her current income won't continue from the same source, then it can't be used.

Future income cannot be used.

The choices are:
1. She goes ahead to the USA and gets a few pay stubs prior to filing the I-864.
2. If YOUR income will continue from the same source, it can be used.
3. If you have 3x the amount lacking in income, in assets (cash in the bank works best), that can be used in lieu of income.
4. Get a joint sponsor.

Rene

Noorah101 Aug 11th 2022 3:12 pm

we already have our i130 approved through uscis london just waiting on the interview at the consulate where i believe we show our i864
That is not DCF.

Also, you're not applying for a green card. You're applying for an immigrant visa.

Rene

Rete Aug 12th 2022 12:37 am

[QUOTE=Senabyyc;13134303]

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13134302)
Thought the DCF via the London Embassy closed :

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Field Office in London closed permanently in July 2020. Individuals who were previously assisted by USCIS London must follow the new filing instructions listed on the USCIS website.

Then you are not doing dcf. You are in the immigration portion of the spousal visa adjudicated at the US Consulate. There is a BIG difference.

Also the I-130 was not approved by the USCIS London which closed in 2020 but by the USCIS in the US. Is your wife dealing with the National Visa Center in the US where she should be sending the I-864 for approval before it is forwarded to the US Consulate in London.

Senabyyc Aug 21st 2022 2:09 pm

[QUOTE=Rete;13134371]

Originally Posted by Senabyyc (Post 13134303)

Then you are not doing dcf. You are in the immigration portion of the spousal visa adjudicated at the US Consulate. There is a BIG difference.

Also the I-130 was not approved by the USCIS London which closed in 2020 but by the USCIS in the US. Is your wife dealing with the National Visa Center in the US where she should be sending the I-864 for approval before it is forwarded to the US Consulate in London.

Yes, it was approved by uscis london as we filed in 2019 before they closed. Our case was then sent directly to the Embassy in London. Not the nvc