I864 petitioner abroad

Old Aug 11th 2022, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Senabyyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I864 petitioner abroad

Hello we are filing dcf through London for a marriage based greencard. My pettitioner is a usc currently living and working abroad ( on student visa so not too worried about establishing domicile). But for the affadavit of support her income is foreign. Can we use her foreign income to meet the household income requirements.
Old Aug 11th 2022, 2:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 petitioner abroad

Will your wife's foreign income continue from the same source once she moves back to the USA?

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2022, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Will your wife's foreign income continue from the same source once she moves back to the USA?

Rene
she has a separate Higher paying job offer. We are debating even her going to usa first to get a paystub
Old Aug 11th 2022, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the DCF via the London Embassy closed :

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Field Office in London closed permanently in July 2020. Individuals who were previously assisted by USCIS London must follow the new filing instructions listed on the USCIS website. All public inquiries should be directed to the USCIS contact center.
Old Aug 11th 2022, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=SanDiegogirl;13134302]Thought the DCF via the London Embassy closed :

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Field Office in London closed permanently in July 2020. Individuals who were previously assisted by USCIS London must follow the new filing instructions listed on the USCIS website.

we already have our i130 approved through uscis london just waiting on the interview at the consulate where i believe we show our i864
Old Aug 11th 2022, 3:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Senabyyc
she has a separate Higher paying job offer. We are debating even her going to usa first to get a paystub
If her current income won't continue from the same source, then it can't be used.

Future income cannot be used.

The choices are:
1. She goes ahead to the USA and gets a few pay stubs prior to filing the I-864.
2. If YOUR income will continue from the same source, it can be used.
3. If you have 3x the amount lacking in income, in assets (cash in the bank works best), that can be used in lieu of income.
4. Get a joint sponsor.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 11th 2022 at 3:14 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2022, 3:12 pm

we already have our i130 approved through uscis london just waiting on the interview at the consulate where i believe we show our i864
That is not DCF.

Also, you're not applying for a green card. You're applying for an immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2022, 12:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Senabyyc;13134303]
Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Thought the DCF via the London Embassy closed :

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Field Office in London closed permanently in July 2020. Individuals who were previously assisted by USCIS London must follow the new filing instructions listed on the USCIS website.

Then you are not doing dcf. You are in the immigration portion of the spousal visa adjudicated at the US Consulate. There is a BIG difference.

Also the I-130 was not approved by the USCIS London which closed in 2020 but by the USCIS in the US. Is your wife dealing with the National Visa Center in the US where she should be sending the I-864 for approval before it is forwarded to the US Consulate in London.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 12th 2022 at 12:42 am.
Old Aug 21st 2022, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Rete;13134371]
Originally Posted by Senabyyc

Then you are not doing dcf. You are in the immigration portion of the spousal visa adjudicated at the US Consulate. There is a BIG difference.

Also the I-130 was not approved by the USCIS London which closed in 2020 but by the USCIS in the US. Is your wife dealing with the National Visa Center in the US where she should be sending the I-864 for approval before it is forwarded to the US Consulate in London.
Yes, it was approved by uscis london as we filed in 2019 before they closed. Our case was then sent directly to the Embassy in London. Not the nvc