I864

Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

knackerr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I864

Hi all i was just wondering when my wife and my father in law go about filing their I864 forms. Just sent off the I130 this week and nowhere in the checklist did it mention the I 1864.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864

I assume your wife doesn't qualify financially and your father in law will be a joint sponsor?

Was the I-130 filed in the USA or directly to London? That will make a difference in the answer to your question.

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I assume your wife doesn't qualify financially and your father in law will be a joint sponsor?

Was the I-130 filed in the USA or directly to London? That will make a difference in the answer to your question.

Rene

We filed in london as wife has indefinite leave but has a pending uk citizenship application
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, you will take the I-864 packages to your in-person interview.

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In that case, you will take the I-864 packages to your in-person interview.

Rene
Thanks for the reply. We sent in everything requested on the checklist. My wife has not worked two out of the three previous tax years so i take it its my father in law who will need to complete the I 864?

Last edited by knackerr; Apr 25th 2017 at 6:55 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knackerr
... i take it its my father in law who will need to complete the I 864?
Both your wife and her father must complete an I-864. Both! Your wife, because she's your actual sponsor, and her father because he's her joint sponsor. Your wife's income is largely irrelevant (because her father will be a joint sponsor), but she must still complete the form.

Ian