Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I751 Removal of conditions confidence crisis. .

I751 Removal of conditions confidence crisis. .

Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of
Default I751 Removal of conditions confidence crisis. .

Hi all,
I'm a previous poster on the site from couple years ago going through the CR1 process and found the help here invaluable, also a long time Lurker in the forum just for the comfort zone of knowing other people's experiences.
I've read through other postings on the I751 but couldn't find the clarification I was looking for.
To keep it relatively brief..I'm halfway through the 90 days leading up to the 2 year anniversary of arriving in the US. The reason why I've been lax in filing earlier is due to the happy event of the wife being pregnant..medical bills, Christmas etc..etc
We're now ready and able to file so I printed out the instructions and this is where a little bit of panic has set in..everything's fine in regards to the evidence we're providing..it's the part about criminal history "If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and no charges were filed,submit an original official statement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed"
I'm now concerned that I haven't left enough time to get an up to date arrest record from the UK as I'm assuming the ACPO from my original application is now out of date. Has anyone any experience of how long it may take?
Thanks for your time reading and replying to this.

PS- Typing this from my phone so excuse any spelling/grammar errors!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 Removal of conditions confidence crisis. .

The I-751 does not ask for a new ACPO.

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need to provide a new police report.

Rene
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Thanks for replies so far and after re-reading my original post I can see where I've caused confusion. I understand I don't require a new ACPO, it's the part of the instructions..
"...submit an original official statement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed"..
that's causing me some concern..I've left myself 6 weeks to the deadline and was wondering if anyone has experienced getting an official statement from the UK required for I-751?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 4:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTBFFH12
Thanks for replies so far and after re-reading my original post I can see where I've caused confusion. I understand I don't require a new ACPO, it's the part of the instructions..
"...submit an original official statement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed"..
that's causing me some concern..I've left myself 6 weeks to the deadline and was wondering if anyone has experienced getting an official statement from the UK required for I-751?
No...that is not required.

Rene
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

While I'm hugely grateful for the replies so far I'm now even more confused as part 3,question 7 of the I-751asks "[I]Have you ever been arrested, detained, charged, indicted,fined,or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance (excluding traffic regulations ), or committed any crime which you were not arrested in the United States or abroad?[I]
The answer to this is yes, a drunk and disorderly arrest (no fine just a warning regarding future conduct)12 years ago,which shows up on the ACPO as no live trace and was discussed at my CR1 interview in London.
Now reading the instructions for I-751, page 2, first paragraph under Criminal History I'm reading it as I now need an original,official statement by the arresting agency..I'm now concerned I haven't left enough time to get the necessary statement.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm now concerned I haven't left enough time to get the necessary statement.
Whether you get the info in time or not, you must file the I-751 within those 90 days. That is what is required. If you submit the I-751 and it is deemed incomplete, you will get an RFE for the information not submitted... but you will have fulfilled the filing obligation.

That said, did you not keep a copy of all the paperwork you submitted previously? Include whatever you submitted previously... keeping in mind that they already have the original. If they require another original, you will be allowed time to get it.

Whatever else you do, do not file the I-751 late.

Ian
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Inasmuch as the arrest was prior to immigrating and was previously disclosed, a failure to disclose would probably fall into the "no harm, no foul" category.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:41 pm

While I'm hugely grateful for the replies so far I'm now even more confused as part 3,question 7 of the I-751asks "[I]Have you ever been arrested, detained, charged, indicted,fined,or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance (excluding traffic regulations ), or committed any crime which you were not arrested in the United States or abroad?[I]
The answer to this is yes, a drunk and disorderly arrest (no fine just a warning regarding future conduct)12 years ago,which shows up on the ACPO as no live trace and was discussed at my CR1 interview in London.
Now reading the instructions for I-751, page 2, first paragraph under Criminal History I'm reading it as I now need an original,official statement by the arresting agency..I'm now concerned I haven't left enough time to get the necessary statement.
Yes, you must check "yes" to that question.

If you're really worried about providing any backup information, include a photocopy of whatever you used in order to get your CR-1 Immigrant Visa. That should take care of it, and if USCIS wants anything else, they will let you know and give you time to obtain it. My guess is that they won't want anything.

As Ian said, whatever you do, you MUST file the I-751 within the 90-day time frame!

Rene
Old Feb 16th 2012, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Jeff, Rene, Ian & Mr Folinsky for taking time out and replying to my query..I'll certainly be following your collective advice and submit what evidence I can in the timeframe available, including a copy of the original ACPO, then take it from there!!
If you ever find yourselves thirsty in Boston, hit me up as I certainly owe you a beer or two! Cheers!
Warm regards,
Mat
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to bump this old thread back but I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I'm using my cell phone & it appears I can't use the search function.
In short, just been to the Boston ASC office today to have my Biometrics appointment, which went very smoothly but I'm curious to the likelihood of now receiving an RFE?
It's not that I expect one but we're expecting the birth of our first born in the next 10 days and I'd rather my very significant other has the less to stress about, the better!
Any insight gratefully received. ...thanks in advance!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:02 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Having not seen the submission, it's impossible to make even a WAG as to whether or not something more might be asked for.

Regards, JEff

... I'm curious to the likelihood of now receiving an RFE? ...
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:04 pm

Sorry to bump this old thread back but I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I'm using my cell phone & it appears I can't use the search function.
In short, just been to the Boston ASC office today to have my Biometrics appointment, which went very smoothly but I'm curious to the likelihood of now receiving an RFE?
It's not that I expect one but we're expecting the birth of our first born in the next 10 days and I'd rather my very significant other has the less to stress about, the better!
Any insight gratefully received. ...thanks in advance!
Having the biometrics done doesn't change the chances of getting an RFE....the two things are not related.

Your chances now are the same as when you first submitted the I-751 package.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you guys..I/we appreciate your replies and the experience that comes with them!