I512 parole renewal

Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

garders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I512 parole renewal

Hello

Hope you can help. I'm waiting for my AOS and need to file a second I-130 for overseas travel as my I-512 expires soon as it was a 12 month permission.

I can't find guidance on renewal of this. Is there anything I should send apart from an I-130?

Also I got married in the States Oct 11, (came in on a K1) applied for AOS Dec 11 and still haven't heard any news on my application. Is this delay typical? I'm living in Minnesota.

Thanks

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I512 parole renewal

Originally Posted by garders
... and need to file a second I-130 for overseas travel as my I-512 expires soon as it was a 12 month permission.
I think you mean I-131.

I can't find guidance on renewal of this. Is there anything I should send apart from an I-130?
On the assumption that you're actually looking at the I-131 - there is no renewal... it's a new application each year.

Also I got married in the States Oct 11, (came in on a K1) applied for AOS Dec 11 and still haven't heard any news on my application.
Did you receive a receipt for your AOS application?

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ian

Yes. Sorry. I do mean I-131.

So is a second I-512 parole typical for someone in my position?

I was hoping AOS would be closer at this point...

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

And yes I have a receipt for the i485.

Thanks for your help here!

i
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

HiSo is a second I-512 parole typical for someone in my position?
Yes. If your current AP is expiring, and your AOS is still not adjudicated, you will need a new AP. You'll file a new I-131, this time you might have to pay the fee for it, though. I know the first one (filed with AOS) is free; I don't think subsequent ones are free.

I was hoping AOS would be closer at this point...
Yours is indeed taking more than double the average time. It usually takes around 6 months for an AOS to be processed...you are now into your 13th month! Have you made an Infopass appointment to go in person and inquire?

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rene

Thank you. I haven't heard of Infopass. But will make enquiries. If there is a weblink to this it would be much appreciated. The only thing I keep checking is the Case Status on USCIS and it's still on Initial Review.
Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So is a second I-512 parole typical for someone in my position?
I entered on a K-1 and did AOS... I went through three I-131 applications, since it took 32 months for my AOS to process.

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

And yes I have a receipt for the i485.
So... you have, in fact, heard something!

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

I haven't heard of Infopass. But will make enquiries. If there is a weblink to this it would be much appreciated.
A quick Google search will get you the answers you need.

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene

Thank you. I haven't heard of Infopass. But will make enquiries. If there is a weblink to this it would be much appreciated. The only thing I keep checking is the Case Status on USCIS and it's still on Initial Review.
Ian
Go to www.uscis.gov and look up how to make an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS office. That allows you to go in person and make an inquiry about your case. I think you are way overdue.

The online case status doesn't always reflect what's really happening in your case.

I don't want to scare you, but who knows, maybe you got issued an RFE which you never received, USICS never received your response, and therefore closed your case. And if they had your wrong address for an RFE, then you also wouldn't have received the letter saying your case was closed and that you're to be removed from the USA. Things like this can happen, so the sooner you make an inquiry the better. I would do an Infopass appointment before applying for the new AP.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:49 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So... you have, in fact, heard something!

Ian
He also got the initial AP. So unless he moved in the last year or so and didn't tell them, they have his correct address.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rene

Thank you. I will do that. If it's relevant I've just been issued with a second Employment Authorization Card at my correct address. I did move in Dec '11 and had a receipt to confirm this.

Hi Ian

32 months for AOS? Wow! I don't feel so worried now!

Thanks everyone.

Ian
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:36 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes. If your current AP is expiring, and your AOS is still not adjudicated, you will need a new AP. You'll file a new I-131, this time you might have to pay the fee for it, though. I know the first one (filed with AOS) is free; I don't think subsequent ones are free.

Yours is indeed taking more than double the average time. It usually takes around 6 months for an AOS to be processed...you are now into your 13th month! Have you made an Infopass appointment to go in person and inquire?

Rene
No fee required for I-131 for ADVANCE PAROLE for adjustments filed on or after August 1, 2007. The reason I put AP in all caps is that a fee IS required for RTD applications. I've heard of problems of pending I-485's for section 209 adjustments where the question is whether or not the AP [no fee] or the RTD [fee] is appropriate.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Ian's was a long time ago though and current waiting times are usually not that long. Definitely make Infopass appt. Good luck!