I130 waiting times...

Old Jul 12th 2023, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Armw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond reputeArmw has a reputation beyond repute
Default I130 waiting times...

Good morning/afternoon/evening....

I'm looking for some other peoples' experiences with regards to the waiting times and updates of the I130 form/petition for those that have gone through the process.

Our I130 was submitted by our lawyer and is being actively reviewed by USCIS as of 3rd March 2023, we received our 13 digit ID receipt number and nothing is outstanding at this time. Our petition was sent to the Texas office which shows a current estimated processing time of 13.5 months (for 80% of petitions at least). I have no qualms or issues, I appreciate this is a long process. My question is, how long did people wait for the next update/step, were they lucky with only a 2 month wait? Was it 6 months was it even 10 months!? Is it generally an 'X" month wait or does it really vary from case to case?

I don't know whether what i'm asking is "how long is a piece of string?" or if there is generally some pretty consistent timeframes based on other peoples' experiences.

I hope what I was asking is clear enough and thanks in advance for any responses.

Have a great day!
Old Nov 15th 2023, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

lvjeremylv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I130 waiting times...

Originally Posted by Armw
Good morning/afternoon/evening....

I'm looking for some other peoples' experiences with regards to the waiting times and updates of the I130 form/petition for those that have gone through the process.

Our I130 was submitted by our lawyer and is being actively reviewed by USCIS as of 3rd March 2023, we received our 13 digit ID receipt number and nothing is outstanding at this time. Our petition was sent to the Texas office which shows a current estimated processing time of 13.5 months (for 80% of petitions at least). I have no qualms or issues, I appreciate this is a long process. My question is, how long did people wait for the next update/step, were they lucky with only a 2 month wait? Was it 6 months was it even 10 months!? Is it generally an 'X" month wait or does it really vary from case to case?

I don't know whether what i'm asking is "how long is a piece of string?" or if there is generally some pretty consistent timeframes based on other peoples' experiences.

I hope what I was asking is clear enough and thanks in advance for any responses.

Have a great day!
I know this is an older post but thought I would weigh in. It really can be a crapshoot. Some people get lucky and their paperwork gets reviewed fast, others not so much. The best bet is to find a forum with people who started the process and submitted their paperwork at the same time as you, and use their cases as the ones you compare to in terms of timeline. The bigger the group, the more reliable the data will be, rather than anecdotal stuff from 1 or 2 individuals. Hopefully you'll be one of the faster ones.