Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I wont be denied of my Interim EAD this time!!!

I wont be denied of my Interim EAD this time!!!

Old May 13th 2004, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I wont be denied of my Interim EAD this time!!!

Hi guys,

I went up to my local office this morning and tried for the last time for get an interim card. Although I am aware that this particular office issues interims on Wednesday, I still decided to go there on thursday hoping (really hoping) not to deal with the same lady who were not so nice and denied me my interim ead the last time I was there which was 2 weeks ago. And sure enough, it was a different lady who assisted us. I told her about my case, what the other lady claimed about CIS NEVER issue interims for K3ers. After looking at my notice, she said, I am sorry, they should have issued you one, you are entitled to it. She asked us how far we had to travel to get there, we told her about 45 miles, I can tell she feels sorry that we had to made too many unsuccessfull visits. She wrote something on my forms saying "Issue Interim EAD as approved by "name of her supervisor" and then she told me to come back on Wednesday to have it done. Whoa, finally.

She even offered to call the CIS chicago as far as my not getting a notice of approval for my I-130. She printed something out from her PC and then photocopied my K3 visa. The other lady who dealt with us previously was so quick on giving me the form to apply for the copy of the approved petition and even wrote how much the fee would be. Its too obvious how these two women who work on the same place differ on their work ethics. The one is more on Good Service, the other.... fees, money. I am so glad that the older lady was there today and not the other one who sent me away two weeks ago. I am even thinking of sending this wonderfull woman flowers when this is all done.

Until next wednesday.
Old May 14th 2004, 11:46 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I wont be denied of my Interim EAD this time!!!

Originally posted by Millana
Hi guys,

I went up to my local office this morning and tried for the last time for get an interim card. Although I am aware that this particular office issues interims on Wednesday, I still decided to go there on thursday hoping (really hoping) not to deal with the same lady who were not so nice and denied me my interim ead the last time I was there which was 2 weeks ago. And sure enough, it was a different lady who assisted us. I told her about my case, what the other lady claimed about CIS NEVER issue interims for K3ers. After looking at my notice, she said, I am sorry, they should have issued you one, you are entitled to it. She asked us how far we had to travel to get there, we told her about 45 miles, I can tell she feels sorry that we had to made too many unsuccessfull visits. She wrote something on my forms saying "Issue Interim EAD as approved by "name of her supervisor" and then she told me to come back on Wednesday to have it done. Whoa, finally.

She even offered to call the CIS chicago as far as my not getting a notice of approval for my I-130. She printed something out from her PC and then photocopied my K3 visa. The other lady who dealt with us previously was so quick on giving me the form to apply for the copy of the approved petition and even wrote how much the fee would be. Its too obvious how these two women who work on the same place differ on their work ethics. The one is more on Good Service, the other.... fees, money. I am so glad that the older lady was there today and not the other one who sent me away two weeks ago. I am even thinking of sending this wonderfull woman flowers when this is all done.

Until next wednesday.
Congrats on overcoming your interim nightmare!!

I agree that all the officers have different ethics. When I went to Miami to chase them up after not updating my records so I could get my SSN, the lady I dealt with was so nice and helpful, and when I filed AOS the woman who refused to take my forms was horrible. I left one or two things blank on my forms, as I wanted to be sure I put the right thing, and when I asked her what I should put, she said really nasty, "Go and sit down and come back to me when your forms are filled out properly." I told her I just needed clarification that I was filing in the right category, and she repeated what she said before. What a hag. I hope we don't get her for our AOS interview, cuz Corey's not afraid to speak his mind, and he might not be able to take being spoken to the way she spoke to me!

Kate. xxxx
Old May 14th 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I wont be denied of my Interim EAD this time!!!

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Congrats on overcoming your interim nightmare!!

I agree that all the officers have different ethics. When I went to Miami to chase them up after not updating my records so I could get my SSN, the lady I dealt with was so nice and helpful, and when I filed AOS the woman who refused to take my forms was horrible. I left one or two things blank on my forms, as I wanted to be sure I put the right thing, and when I asked her what I should put, she said really nasty, "Go and sit down and come back to me when your forms are filled out properly." I told her I just needed clarification that I was filing in the right category, and she repeated what she said before. What a hag. I hope we don't get her for our AOS interview, cuz Corey's not afraid to speak his mind, and he might not be able to take being spoken to the way she spoke to me!

Kate. xxxx
Thanks, Kate. My husband flipped out the last time we're there. I can still vividly recall the look she gave us when Roger asked if we could talk to her supervisor. She was not there yesterday....I wonder if she was fired...hmmm