Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I want my wife NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my wife NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:05 pm
Islamabad K3

Default I want my wife NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of bull crap is this? I only spent 15 days with my wife and had
to come back, now INS don't understand that I want my wife.

K3 Islamabad Pakistan August 3rd 1st NOA

Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want my wife NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Islamabad K3

And it is INS' fault that you married a foreigner? The rules and regulations for bringing a foreign spouse into the US have been in effect for years. It is not INS' fault that you failed to find out the procedure and the long time wait for bringing one's foreign spouse into the country. Nor that you only 15 days with her. Nor that you didn't use the Fiancee Visa to bring her here to marry rather than marry her outside of the country. Nor is it "entirely" INS' fault that 9/11 occurred or that the terrorists were from a country in the geographic area of your wife's country.

I'm sorry that your desires are not number one with the INS, but then, again no one who is awaiting a visa approval for a loved one, spousal or fiancee, is of importance to the INS. We never have been before and even less so today.

And I would like a million in cold cash, after taxes, sitting in my bank account but neither the federal, state or city governments will grant my wish either. And believe me, I want this as much as you want your wife.

I hope your vent made you feel better. Mine made me feel a whole lot better.

Rete
Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

tparrent is an unknown quantity at this point

I heartily second that reply.

We ALL put ourselves in this situation voluntarily. Is the INS slow? Yup. Slower than promised? Yup. Uncommunicative? Yup.

IS the INS a private entity or a government agency? Government.

Now, honestly, what "right" do we have to EXPECT more? None at all. Sure, we may want more. We may even feel we are entitled to more (not me perosnally but some might feel that way). But did you honestly EXPECT a fast efficient process?

C'mon folks - we're all old enough to know how almos ALL governemnt entities work.

Most of all, this was a choice we all made. If you chose to delude yourself going into it then you truly deserve what you get.

I'm tired of whining.

Personally, I'm not going to whine again...

....until at least this afternoon.
Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:52 pm
Patrick

We all want to be with our loved ones, now get in line.

It's just the way it is.

> What kind of bull crap is this? I only spent 15 days with my wife and had
    > to come back, now INS don't understand that I want my wife.
    > K3 Islamabad Pakistan August 3rd 1st NOA

Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
And it is INS' fault that you married a foreigner? The rules and regulations for bringing a foreign spouse into the US have been in effect for years. It is not INS' fault that you failed to find out the procedure
No, I don't agree that we should accept our own government to treat us like crap, this includes INS and DOS. As a law-abiding citizen, us born citizen blah blah we should be treated as human beings and not some animal. They want me to abide the laws and we did and done everything right, why do we have to go through this unneccesary delays. Please don't say its because of 9/11. Why how come england and other countries gets their visa same day and the shoe bomber came from england, hmmmm. No one was from china, russia and india, hmmm. Its not my fault that I love someone outside the country, at least he treats me better than...

I thought this is land of free and pursuit of happiness. Also if they don't want more immigrants why do the lottery system. I know we can 't change the govt but we can have our own opinion of how fair it works. I never realized how my own country can screw up my life.

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:13 pm
Khw

Deal with it.

"Islamabad K3" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

"like an animal"?

What, did they put you in quarantine?

Just kidding, lighten up
Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by tparrent
"like an animal"?

What, did they put you in quarantine?

Just kidding, lighten up

Just feels like it, they are not treating us like we are human beings. INHUMANE treatment(almost like an animal, no rights, no nothing). My fiance is like in prison, in his own cage with a case # like a prison inmate gets. It feels like they don't care about us. My own government won't tell me why we are under review. How nice of them. It would be nice common courtesy to at least say something to us why they are making our lives so miserable. We were approved by INS in 5 weeks, so I have no issues with INS, we followed the rules and law and got approved. We followed the rules with DOS and they have us on hold, why can't DOS live up to their law.

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 6:26 pm
Jan

Such is life once you've met the love of your life, and he/she doesnt live
in your home country. I for one worked on the principal of 'All good
things are worth waiting for' and I did .... i waited 9 months for my K-1
visa, I could very easily have married him on any of my visits to the States
and the same for him on his visits to the UK but we chose to wait and do
things legally.
So i reitterate ...... ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

whats 9 months in a whole lifetime ?

Jan

"Islamabad K3" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Islamabad K3

I don't think INS take tantrums that seriously. We can't all have what we want right away, and patience really is a virtue. We're all in the same boat.
Kate. xxxx
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:11 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I want a 12" dong and to look like Tom Selleck, I want Blackpool to win promotion and an end to world hunger and poverty. I want people to love each other and for understanding amongst nations. I want a law passed that makes it compulsary for women to wear mini skirts and I want ice cream to come in beer flavour. But what I really want is for you to stop whining when everyone else on this NG is in the same boat!

Patrick

(not the same one that replied earlier - that was Dutch Patrick and I am English Patrick)
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

I can take care of all of that except Blackpool. Sorry mate.
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

you to stop whining when everyone else on this NG is in the same boat!

Patrick

(not the same one that replied earlier - that was Dutch Patrick and I am English Patrick)
Hello patrick and others,

Not EVERYONE is in the same boat. I have seen people get their visa only in 3 months time, from the time of the First NOA to the visa in hand. Does not make sense. Also I read that a brit got his visa after only waiting one month for his waiver to go through based on a criminal record. Hmm We didn't do nothing wrong, no lying etc and we are being held longer than him, go figure this one out. Thats why I am pissed. Their are many stories of people getting their visas in no time.

Also I am complaining and whining is that we should have got the visa in India but the consulate people have another agenda. We are being held for no reason. Its their powertrip cause they can do this since they don't like our relationship. Not based on everything legally done. So I have a right to bitch and moan.

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

[

whats 9 months in a whole lifetime ?

Jan

I can wait and wait, I don't care of waiting, but I have no idea if they are going to deny us based on their opinion that we should not be together cause of two different races and i have children. Thats what I am freaking out cause I am afraid of denying. I can wait and wait as long as they will approve later on, but they are not giving me any hope whatsoever.

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Having been practicing in this field for 27 years; knowing that practice of immigration law distorts once perceptions -- but I am just curios -- what has INS done that prevents you from frequently visiting Pakistan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.