Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I sent in my I-751 today

I sent in my I-751 today

Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I sent in my I-751 today

...and now I'm nervous. It didn't turn out to be very many pages of evidence. Yikes!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:52 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I sent in my I-751 today

Originally Posted by andrea874
...and now I'm nervous. It didn't turn out to be very many pages of evidence. Yikes!
Ours was 30 pages including the cover letter and form. How much was yours?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:26 pm
Lissa

andrea874 wrote:
    > ..and now I'm nervous. It didn't turn out to be very many pages of
    > evidence. Yikes!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I am also worried about the lack of evidence I sent in. I sent it to
get it in the works and fully expect an RFE.

I haven't received the receipt yet, but I know it was delivered on
September 5 by VT.

Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:30 pm
L D Jones

andrea874 wrote:
    > evidence. Yikes!
    >
My wife and I sent 8 pages (which may have included the form itself), no
affidavits, no photos, no copy of the marriage license (unless it was
required, I can't recall). You don't need a great deal of paper if it's
"good."

Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
Ours was 30 pages including the cover letter and form. How much was yours?

Less than that I think. I didnt count, but probably closer to 15
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by L D Jones
andrea874 wrote:
    > evidence. Yikes!
    >
My wife and I sent 8 pages (which may have included the form itself), no
affidavits, no photos, no copy of the marriage license (unless it was
required, I can't recall). You don't need a great deal of paper if it's
"good."
Well thats good
I think all I ended up sending was:
-1 bill in my name, 1 in Chris's name (same address - they were from a few months apart, we switched cell phone companies so both had the 2 same phone #s listed on it too)
-car insurance card that has both names on it
-house insurance bill with both names
-house insurance statement with both names (from about a year before the bill mentioned above)
-deed to house with both names
-bank statement with both names
-like 5 photos
..I think thats about it. I feel like I didnt do a very good job of it, looking back. Hopefully all is okay
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:47 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats good
I think all I ended up sending was:
-1 bill in my name, 1 in Chris's name (same address - they were from a few months apart, we switched cell phone companies so both had the 2 same phone #s listed on it too)
-car insurance card that has both names on it
-house insurance bill with both names
-house insurance statement with both names (from about a year before the bill mentioned above)
-deed to house with both names
-bank statement with both names
-like 5 photos
..I think thats about it. I feel like I didnt do a very good job of it, looking back. Hopefully all is okay
I've read some people sending 100 pages which is just crazy IMHO. I've always lived by 'less is more', and your list certainly covers enough.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I've read some people sending 100 pages which is just crazy IMHO. I've always lived by 'less is more', and your list certainly covers enough.

True. On the plus side, I guess if I get an RFE or an interview, I'm sure I'll be able to find more stuff to send somewhere
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

IMHO you've sent enough evidence
True. On the plus side, I guess if I get an RFE or an interview, I'm sure I'll be able to find more stuff to send somewhere
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

If yours isn't enough, mine certainly won't be!

I think I sent 5 pages of evidence on 20th of Aug or so, however, I'm not worried in the slightest, because its good stuff and what they asked for.

Sent:

1. Birth certificate of newborn child
2. Home ownership doc showing joint ownership
3. Joint bank account doc
4. Joint tax return for last year
5. Statement of joint investment account.

To my mind, thats plenty, heck, if I was an immigration official, number 1 alone would do it, certainly when backed up by number 2.

I have since recieved my infopass appointment for biometrics, got a receipt for my check (on or about the 30th of Aug), so to my mind everything proceeding to plan.

Why worry, anyway? If its not enough, they'll just ask for more. And, thats not a bother either, as I'll be applying for citizenship in a years time, regardless of whether they have removed the conditions by then or not - the receipt says my GC is extended for a year, anyway. Don't worry, be happy!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dan725
If yours isn't enough, mine certainly won't be!

I think I sent 5 pages of evidence on 20th of Aug or so, however, I'm not worried in the slightest, because its good stuff and what they asked for.

Sent:

2. Home ownership doc showing joint ownership
3. Joint bank account doc
4. Joint tax return for last year
5. Statement of joint investment account.

To my mind, thats plenty, heck, if I was an immigration official, number 1 alone would do it, certainly when backed up by number 2.

I have since recieved my infopass appointment for biometrics, got a receipt for my check (on or about the 30th of Aug), so to my mind everything proceeding to plan.

Why worry, anyway? If its not enough, they'll just ask for more. And, thats not a bother either, as I'll be applying for citizenship in a years time, regardless of whether they have removed the conditions by then or not - the receipt says my GC is extended for a year, anyway. Don't worry, be happy!

Oh yeah, joint tax returns - I sent that too.
True if its not enough they'll just ask for more - but I'd rather just have this whole process done with so I dont have to worry about immigration stuff for another 10 years. I have no plans to apply for citizenship soooo.....

Anyway, thanks, this was encouraging
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent:

We couldn't do that since we have no kids, so we included the registration form for our Pug which has us both listed as onwers.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Feanor
We couldn't do that since we have no kids, so we included the registration form for our Pug which has us both listed as onwers.

Hahahah.. AWWWW! I should have thought of that and sent in the registration for our little man (dog, that is). Adorable that you did that, hehe
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, joint tax returns - I sent that too.
True if its not enough they'll just ask for more - but I'd rather just have this whole process done with so I dont have to worry about immigration stuff for another 10 years. I have no plans to apply for citizenship soooo.....

Anyway, thanks, this was encouraging
How come you are not planning to apply for citizenship? To my mind its just another logical step - then rather than having to worry about immigration stuff in 10 years time, you will never have to worry again, and come and go as you please!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

How come you are not planning to apply for citizenship? To my mind its just another logical step - then rather than having to worry about immigration stuff in 10 years time, you will never have to worry again, and come and go as you please!
Ahh I dont want to anger people here, and I'm sure this may get some "well why are you even HERE, THEN?!" comments... but honestly I just have no desire to become a citizen of this country. I'm not really one of those "proud to be American" people (well I mean I wouldn't be if I was American) - and won't ever be one. Lets just say I'm not a fan of the political situation...
Plus, the only real advantage I see to becoming a citizen is being able to vote...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.