Reload this Page >

I see you guys managed to lock up a thread all by yourselves

Wikiposts

I see you guys managed to lock up a thread all by yourselves

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:59 am
elviswasmydad

Default I see you guys managed to lock up a thread all by yourselves

http://www.webpilotexplorer.com/WPE_MidiXmas2.html

Last edited by elviswasmydad; Dec 4th 2003 at 3:32 am.

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:06 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I see you guys managed to lock up a thread all by yourselves

Originally posted by elviswasmydad
I see you managed to get a thread locked up without seadaves help.. He would be proud of you... keep up the good work. Always the same "resident" cast of characters also.. good job men.
The moderator did, Regular posters dont have "the power" to lock up threads
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:11 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Tweeky.....shhhhh just ignore it........

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink, and well, you know the rest...........
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This moderator does NOT know what the hell you are talking about. I, as a moderator, have not used my "powers" to lock up any threads. But perhaps ptabs or brigiedarling has. But no notice of irregularities on this forum have been sent to my mail box.

Rete
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

tweeky,

ewmd did not say that posters locked the thread. His words meant that they inspired a moderator to lock the thread

Regards, JEff

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
tweeky,

ewmd did not say that posters locked the thread. His words meant that they inspired a moderator to lock the thread

Regards, JEff
And this moderator has posted an inquiry to see who did this and why. I can only assume because of the length of the thread. Do not know if there is a cut off point as to length.

Will keep you informed of what I discover.

Rete
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
And this moderator has posted an inquiry to see who did this and why. I can only assume because of the length of the thread. Do not know if there is a cut off point as to length.

Will keep you informed of what I discover.

Rete
Opps sorry Rete, I though you closed the thread. I though you had to be a moderator or administrator to do that
Sorry Rete I was by no mean accusing you..
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:53 am
Concierge

Opps sorry Rete, I though you closed the thread. I though you had to be a moderator or administrator to do that
Sorry Rete I was by no mean accusing you..
You do Tweeky. But I don't know which person did it and that is what I am trying to find out.

Normally, if a complaint is issued, it is sent to all moderators. I have received no complaints. So I'm curious as to what happened.

Rete
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 12:08 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I see you managed to get a thread locked up without seadaves help.. He would be proud of you... keep up the good work. Always the same "resident" cast of characters also.. good job men.

Time and time again you post such stupid and pointless crap that few people even have a clue. What thread are you talking about? when some one points out your issues you just delete or edit your posting to hide. We all get tired of it. You are a troll here, and all the other forums that you post to. Perhaps the whole, "Cast of characters", think that you have the tact and mental resources of a fruit fly, but for God sakes can't you at least try to show them, (us) that you are serious about anything relating to this forum? The, "Cast of Characters" have all been posting here for a long time about their real life experiences, trying to share and help others. You seem to, "get off", on your own stupidy... Why?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Scott,

I'm no fan of ewmd, but I guessed which thread he was talking about on my first try. And after skimming a few posts on the last 2 pages I agree that a few posters had gone overboard and the thread deserved to be closed.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Time and time again you post such stupid and pointless crap that few people even have a clue. What thread are you talking about? when some one points out your issues you just delete or edit your posting to hide. We all get tired of it. You are a troll here, and all the other forums that you post to. Perhaps the whole, "Cast of characters", think that you have the tact and mental resources of a fruit fly, but for God sakes can't you at least try to show them, (us) that you are serious about anything relating to this forum? The, "Cast of Characters" have all been posting here for a long time about their real life experiences, trying to share and help others. You seem to, "get off", on your own stupidy... Why?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Scott,

I'm no fan of ewmd, but I guessed which thread he was talking about on my first try. And after skimming a few posts on the last 2 pages I agree that a few posters had gone overboard and the thread deserved to be closed.

Regards, JEff
Yeah, JEff it was a no-brainer. It was the only thread that has been locked in quite a while.

The thread was offensive to some folks and I can see why. I agree that it had run it's course. However, I'm curious who locked it. Rete usually makes a point to tell us why she is locking a thread (or at least gives it a send-off), one of the many reasons that I respect her.

Leslie
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff,

You are easily one of the most intelligent people here.

Im sure most would agree

Stop gloating.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I locked it, because I had received various complaints that the thread had changed course from the original post.

Sue

Originally posted by Leslie66
Yeah, JEff it was a no-brainer. It was the only thread that has been locked in quite a while.

The thread was offensive to some folks and I can see why. I agree that it had run it's course. However, I'm curious who locked it. Rete usually makes a point to tell us why she is locking a thread (or at least gives it a send-off), one of the many reasons that I respect her.

Leslie
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

krissyv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I feel really bad that that I caused offence to some people on this site by starting that thread- apologies to everyone!

Krissy
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:27 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by krissyv
Hi,

I feel really bad that that I caused offence to some people on this site by starting that thread- apologies to everyone!

Krissy

Krissy,

You did not offend anybody. In fact you provided food for thought (not to mention entertaintment) to the NG. It's just one of those topics that took on a life of it's own.

Leslie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.