Reload this Page >

I Need Help Fast Please!

I Need Help Fast Please!

Old Jan 9th 2003, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I Need Help Fast Please!

My husband came from England to Indiana, USA on a visa free visitor waiver in November, 2002. We got married on 1/2/03. He is living in the US still. INS is telling me if we fill out the packet to start the immigration and they receive it before his deportation date of 2/1/03, he will be allowed to stay. They are telling me if our case is pending, that will be alright. I definitely want to be sure about this because dealing with the INS I know can be tricky. Everytime I call for an immigration officer, each one tells me something different. If anyone has had this experience, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks, Kady
Old Jan 9th 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the I-130 (I think) and get started on the petition ASAP. Where in Indiana are you? I am the same, with an Indiana-England connection.. Greg would love to meet other Brits in Indy if you are nearby. Keep me updated. Good luck!
Old Jan 9th 2003, 5:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Need Help Fast Please!

Originally posted by Kady
My husband came from England to Indiana, USA on a visa free visitor waiver in November, 2002. We got married on 1/2/03. He is living in the US still. INS is telling me if we fill out the packet to start the immigration and they receive it before his deportation date of 2/1/03, he will be allowed to stay. They are telling me if our case is pending, that will be alright. I definitely want to be sure about this because dealing with the INS I know can be tricky. Everytime I call for an immigration officer, each one tells me something different. If anyone has had this experience, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks, Kady
Yes they are correct (for a change)

File the I-130, I-485 and (2) G-325A's (one for you and one for him) and the I-864. If he wants to work file form I-765 and if he wants to travel outside of the US and return file form I-131.

Rete
Old Jan 9th 2003, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rete & beyness for your help. Filling out all the forms you mentioned Rete.

beyness, we are in Greenfield (25 miles east of Indy). Hope you are close because Paul is getting very bored here without any friends except for the few I have. He has plenty in England but doesn't help much here, he, he. Let me know.

Thanks again,
Kady