Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I have my EAD now =) Baltimore Experience...

I have my EAD now =) Baltimore Experience...

Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default I have my EAD now =) Baltimore Experience...

Hiya =)

Got to Baltimore at 7.30 this morning for an 8.30 appointment, and after 30 mins to get through security got sent to Room 101.

Was given ticket number 520, and they were calling them in groups of 5.

Basically I had to confirm my name and Date of Birth, have my photo taken, and 10 mins later they called my name and gave me my card. Was all painless and was out of the office by 9am, and on my way home

I thought there was a fingerprint requirement for EAD, but they said they don't do that any more.

So I now have a 1 year EAD, valid from 02/11/04 and Issued 02/17/04, even though the interview was 03/01/04.

..and I got there hopefully just in time before I lost that job offer, so I could be working by the end of the week!!! =)

Good luck all, just the AOS to go now

Lee
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have my EAD now =) Baltimore Experience...

Congratulations, Lee!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leebarton
Hiya =)

Got to Baltimore at 7.30 this morning for an 8.30 appointment, and after 30 mins to get through security got sent to Room 101.

Basically I had to confirm my name and Date of Birth, have my photo taken, and 10 mins later they called my name and gave me my card. Was all painless and was out of the office by 9am, and on my way home

I thought there was a fingerprint requirement for EAD, but they said they don't do that any more.

So I now have a 1 year EAD, valid from 02/11/04 and Issued 02/17/04, even though the interview was 03/01/04.

..and I got there hopefully just in time before I lost that job offer, so I could be working by the end of the week!!! =)

Lee
Congrats... Glad all went well Lee!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 5:08 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

That's great news Lee, congratulations!

Good luck with the job.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Mar 1st 2004, 5:09 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya =)

Lee

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:

PS: This reminds me.. I gotta apply for the EAD now!!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 7:11 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya =)

Lee
Yeah!!!!!!! Congrats on your painless experience!!!

How often do these people change the rules? I finally got an appointment for fingerprinting and photo for my EAD renewal, and now they're saying they don't do that anymore????? Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Hehehehe!!

Many congrats again, Lee!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Mar 1st 2004, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 12:54 am
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

Wonderful news, Lee! Congratulations! Now, go get that job!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 2:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Yeah!!!!!!! Congrats on your painless experience!!!

How often do these people change the rules? I finally got an appointment for fingerprinting and photo for my EAD renewal, and now they're saying they don't do that anymore????? Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Hehehehe!!

Many congrats again, Lee!!

Kate. xxxx

I don't know, my husband's EADs both have fingerprint on 'em. Now we're off to fight the battle of the NBC EAD that he got in the mail today showing an expiry date of 6 June THIS YEAR!!! Jeesh, the interim he got in January is at least valid til Sept this year............
Anyway, good for you Lee,
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:43 am
Just Joined

kenny803 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee,

I am very happy for you. Now you should expect fingerprint and AOS interview notice soon.

Best Wishes

Hiya =)

Lee
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:46 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
I don't know, my husband's EADs both have fingerprint on 'em. Now we're off to fight the battle of the NBC EAD that he got in the mail today showing an expiry date of 6 June THIS YEAR!!! Jeesh, the interim he got in January is at least valid til Sept this year............
Anyway, good for you Lee,

Hey Cindy!!

I was looking at your timeline, and I noticed you (Your husband) haven't applied for AOS yet.. I don't want to be nossy but may I ask why?
Are you waiting for the I-130 to be approved and then apply for the CR visa overseas?
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:53 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Cindy!!

I was looking at your timeline, and I noticed you (Your husband) haven't applied for AOS yet.. I don't want to be nossy but may I ask why?
Are you waiting for the I-130 to be approved and then apply for the CR visa overseas?

We decided that there was no hurry to apply for AOS, since of the two issues EAD and AOS, the EAD was more important to us at the time. Since TSC has been moving right along and suddenly is approving 130s right now a mere 4 months ahead of our processing date, there is a chance on being able to go the 130 route as it was meant to be. Also quite frankly I felt I had written enough checks to the INS for awhile, .
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:59 am

Originally posted by cindyabs
We decided that there was no hurry to apply for AOS, since of the two issues EAD and AOS, the EAD was more important to us at the time. Since TSC has been moving right along and suddenly is approving 130s right now a mere 4 months ahead of our processing date, there is a chance on being able to go the 130 route as it was meant to be. Also quite frankly I felt I had written enough checks to the INS for awhile, .
You are going thru Texas?, I have heard they are the slowest when it comes to I-130's, Nebraska has a huge backlog too.
I went to the USCIS office here in Denver and the lady said that it doesn't matter if my I-130 is in Nebraska, they are currently taking 6 months to schedule an AOS interview, once those 6 months have elapsed I will have an interview date. I asked her.. doesn't the I-130 need to be approved by the time I get my interview, she smiled and said.. If we call you for an interview, Nebraska will have to approve your I-130. Isn't that weird?, I have heard of a few people experiencing the same thing.
As for writting checks to the USCIS.. LOL my husband thinks is kind of stupid to pay the goverment to be able to work lol.
Good Luck girlie!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
You are going thru Texas?, I have heard they are the slowest when it comes to I-130's, Nebraska has a huge backlog too.
I went to the USCIS office here in Denver and the lady said that it doesn't matter if my I-130 is in Nebraska, they are currently taking 6 months to schedule an AOS interview, once those 6 months have elapsed I will have an interview date. I asked her.. doesn't the I-130 need to be approved by the time I get my interview, she smiled and said.. If we call you for an interview, Nebraska will have to approve your I-130. Isn't that weird?, I have heard of a few people experiencing the same thing.
As for writting checks to the USCIS.. LOL my husband thinks is kind of stupid to pay the goverment to be able to work lol.
Good Luck girlie!!
Hmmm hadnt thought of it like that Hypertweeky.. maybe they should make INS fee's tax deductable as you need to spend them to be able to work to pay taxes =P
Old Mar 4th 2004, 1:36 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm hadnt thought of it like that Hypertweeky.. maybe they should make INS fee's tax deductable as you need to spend them to be able to work to pay taxes =P
Good point, Lee! Congratulations, by the way - I am hoping to get my EAD very soon also.

Debbie