Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I guess I had it coming

I guess I had it coming

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default I guess I had it coming

My first experience of being ripped-off on my return to the UK (well, the first that I'm aware of...)

I was short-changed in a pub (yes, it seemed deliberate, but how do you prove it?)

And, you guessed it... the barman is an Aussie
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

loubol is an unknown quantity at this point

The answer to that is to check your change as soon as it's handed over. Once you moved away from the till, they won't rectify it.

A nasty trick is when you hand over a 20 or a 10 and they insist you gave them a 10 or a 5...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.........................

sorry........ I know I shouldn't
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loubol
The answer to that is to check your change as soon as it's handed over. Once you moved away from the till, they won't rectify it.

A nasty trick is when you hand over a 20 or a 10 and they insist you gave them a 10 or a 5...
To be fair, after much fiddling with the computerised till, huffing and puffing - he returned the correct change. He must have been sent here by Megalania
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:02 pm
wombat42

Default Re: I guess I had it coming

Originally posted by MikeStanton
My first experience of being ripped-off on my return to the UK (well, the first that I'm aware of...)

I was short-changed in a pub (yes, it seemed deliberate, but how do you prove it?)

Good on him, well you can't blame him considering we are all decedants of convicts, thieving is in our genes.
It seems you can escape from Australia but you can't escape from Australians.

Last edited by wombat42; Jul 2nd 2004 at 11:13 pm.

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MikeStanton

Are you sure he didn't follow you from Australia, or you didn't pay your bar tab before you left. lol.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:45 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Dont worry Mike, your mate kong will be along shortly to make up the difference for you.

No, thats not piles it is kong.

:scared:
Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:22 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wombat42
Good on him, well you can't blame him considering we are all decedants of convicts, thieving is in our genes.
Hmm, tee hee - very few Australians are in fact descended from convicts.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by loubol

I always state the denomination when handing over bills.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

And I have done exactly the same on my till in Australia to an Aussie, including the huffing and puffing whilst getting used to it.
So, there you go, it can happen anywhere in the world, to anyone.
And I can tell you that it wasn't personal, just a genuine mistake.
Sure you have made a mistake at sometime Mike. No one is perfect.

Whisky