Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I guess I am approved!! Puzzled!!

I guess I am approved!! Puzzled!!

Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I guess I am approved!! Puzzled!!

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
LOL LOL
I haven't seen any Spanish restaurants around here, there is 2 up in Boulder but it's very far from here. They have flamenco dancers?? Wow that is awesome!!, I want to go eat at a Spanish restaurant so bad, I miss the food!!. I can't dance flamenco.. it is so difficult!!
By the way.. I have just got a call from Kohl's, I have an interview on Thursday at 2:30 pm!! yay yay!!

Thanks for the advice!!
See, you should have come to Phoenix with your hubby! I would have taken you guys out for a fun night of Spanish food and flamenco dancing! Next time, for sure! Good luck with your interview at Kohl's!

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Hey Hyper! Good luck with that job interview!
I've been an employer for about 10 years now, looked at about a bazillion resumes... Patrick's right- definitely one page and be clear at the top about what type of position you're looking for (customize your resume for different employers).

Here in New Mexico it would be very, very good to mention that you're fluent in Spanish - assume Colorado would be similar.

There are a couple of basic types of resumes - chronological (where you list recent jobs starting from the most recent) and skills (where you list your skills and describe jobs held that used those skills). I like the skills resumes better... maybe later in a resume a list of jobs you've had... The reason I like that better is they're much easier to tailor to the specific job you're applying for, and then even though you haven't had 20 jobs working as an administrative assistant, lets say, you can show how past jobs helped you gain those administrative assistant skills. Hope this makes some sense, I feel like I'm rambling.

Make sure someone whose first language is English checks your resume for syntax, grammar, spelling and punctuation, just in case. And let me know if I can help in any way!!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:48 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Buendia
Hey Hyper! Good luck with that job interview!
I've been an employer for about 10 years now, looked at about a bazillion resumes... Patrick's right- definitely one page and be clear at the top about what type of position you're looking for (customize your resume for different employers).

Here in New Mexico it would be very, very good to mention that you're fluent in Spanish - assume Colorado would be similar.

There are a couple of basic types of resumes - chronological (where you list recent jobs starting from the most recent) and skills (where you list your skills and describe jobs held that used those skills). I like the skills resumes better... maybe later in a resume a list of jobs you've had... The reason I like that better is they're much easier to tailor to the specific job you're applying for, and then even though you haven't had 20 jobs working as an administrative assistant, lets say, you can show how past jobs helped you gain those administrative assistant skills. Hope this makes some sense, I feel like I'm rambling.

Make sure someone whose first language is English checks your resume for syntax, grammar, spelling and punctuation, just in case. And let me know if I can help in any way!!!

That has been the funny part I have found with friends resumes, they have given out resumes with spelling mistakes, bad grammar, tons of small stuff BUT to an employer (and personally) that is just shoddy and can straight away have the resume in the trash can.

A resume is your chance to get the employer's attention.

When I moved here first, my wife had a resume (very American style,, brief) and she was getting very little interest from employers, I redid her resume and her ex-husband looked at it and said "it is a bit wordy", he was a manager in WorldCom, well guess what? 4 out of every 5 resume's she sent she got interviews from, within a few weeks she had a choice of 3 jobs. The resume was her ticket to the employer and from there it was up to her to impress them and this she duly did (cause she is an awesome lady )

So sometimes different can be good, personality without going overboard can get one noticed

Patrick
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:34 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

What about property management, like a leasing agent or assistant manager. Little or no experience needed, learn the housing laws as you go, fun, easy, able to work your way up, and spanish definately comes in handy!

Just a thought!

Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
...from there it was up to her to impress them and this she duly did (cause she is an awesome lady )
Patrick
Hey Patrick,

Your opinion isn't biased or anything, is it?

I've been at my job for 14 years. I once asked my boss why he chose me over a gazillion other candidates (especially since I felt I did a horrible interview!) He said he had finally narrowed it down to two possibilities, and I had the better cover letter, resume, and the fact that I hand-delivered a thank-you letter the very next day impressed him also. It pays to be thorough (or AR, as Karen D and Secret Garden would say!)

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:57 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hey Patrick,

I've been at my job for 14 years. I once asked my boss why he chose me over a gazillion other candidates (especially since I felt I did a horrible interview!) He said he had finally narrowed it down to two possibilities, and I had the better cover letter, resume, and the fact that I hand-delivered a thank-you letter the very next day impressed him also. It pays to be thorough (or AR, as Karen D and Secret Garden would say!)

Rene
Totally agree

Patrick
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hey Patrick,

Rene
Completely agree, being sort of AR myself....
But once, instead of a thank you letter after an interview (which is great - shows interest! and also helps me remember the job applicant), I got a bouquet of flowers, which really weirded me out. It was from a male job applicant, and I think it was inappropriate... The guys in the office were making jokes out of it for days... "That must have been some interview!" etc... ugh....
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are amazing!!, thanks for all your help, it means the world to me!
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:51 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buendia
Completely agree, being sort of AR myself....
But once, instead of a thank you letter after an interview (which is great - shows interest! and also helps me remember the job applicant), I got a bouquet of flowers, which really weirded me out. It was from a male job applicant, and I think it was inappropriate... The guys in the office were making jokes out of it for days... "That must have been some interview!" etc... ugh....

Hey Buendia.. would you hire me??

As for that boyfriend on the side.. NAUGHTY YOU!! LOL
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hyper!!!

I know I am really late to your thread, i'm sorry!!! but.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Micky's EAD was also approved on Sep. 27, he received his card in the mail 2 days ago. It expires the same day his k3 visa expires, so that's not bad!! Any news of your I-130 approval????

Take care,

Lily,
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Steph,

sorry about your denial....try to find out what the unresolved issues are...try to see if you can get a congressperson involved...they might get a better answer than you.

good luck and keep us updated

Rukhie
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point

Hyper !
Congratulations !!! I´m sure you´ll find a job soon, you have so much energy someone must want to trasform it all in work done !

I´m back in Spain waiting for my CR-1 , decided to forget the K-3 thing.

Good luck !
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Michi
Hi Hyper!!!

I know I am really late to your thread, i'm sorry!!! but.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Micky's EAD was also approved on Sep. 27, he received his card in the mail 2 days ago. It expires the same day his k3 visa expires, so that's not bad!! Any news of your I-130 approval????

Take care,

Lily,
Tell Micky CONGRATS!!, I hope he gets a job soon!!
Nada girlie.. My I-130 is still accumulating dust at NSC but oh well at least my I-765 is approved
Take care!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Oct 6th 2004 at 7:56 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by acuario
Hyper !
Congratulations !!! I´m sure you´ll find a job soon, you have so much energy someone must want to trasform it all in work done !

I´m back in Spain waiting for my CR-1 , decided to forget the K-3 thing.

Good luck !
LOL I have an interview tomorrow

You are in Spain? Lucky you!! I am trying to find affordable plane tickets to Spain for the 3 of us.. but so far no luck!, I am glad to hear you are taking the IV route!! Keep me updated

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Oct 6th 2004 at 7:58 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
LOL I have an interview tomorrow

You are in Spain? Lucky you!! I am trying to find affordable plane tickets to Spain for the 3 of us.. but so far no luck!, I am glad to hear you are taking the IV route!! Keep me updated
Hi Hyper !
I just called the NVC and they have sent my case to the Madrid Consulate !!!
I´m so happy !!! So my k-3 interview scheduled for Oct 21st will become now a CR-1 interview, I guess !!! The final part of the CR-1 is going pretty well and fast at the NVC.
Finally ! It´s been a long wait ! I know yours has been longer, and you deserve that I-130 approved ASAP !
Thanks so much for recommending me the IV route !!
I´ll be back in the US for Halloween looking for a job as well (Hopefully...)
It´s sooo hot here in Spain that I´m going to the beach this Puente del Pilar ; )
Good luck with the plane tickets ! I know a spaniard in Colorado (Ridgeway), is that close to where you live ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.