Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I got two different receipts for an I-751

I got two different receipts for an I-751

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road
Question I got two different receipts for an I-751

Ok, as I mentioned in the other thread, I got a receipt (NoA)from the TSC about a week ago for my wife's I-751. It had the same receipt number as the number written on the back of my cashed check (thank goodness for online check viewing). It said simply that it received $205 from my wife, that her alien card is extended for 12 months, and that it would take 120 to process the app. Very short.

Today, we received another NoA. The notice date is the same (12/7), the case type is the same (I-751), and the notice type box both say "receipt notice". However, the new NoA has a different receipt number. It also has a *lot* more info written on it.

It also states that her CR status is extended for one year. It says to wait for another letter with a biometric appointment notice. It also says if I haven't done it already, I should send in supporting evidence for the I-751. They give as examples a joint lease (we did), joint mortage or propery (no), joint ownership of assets (yes), tax returns (yes), birth certs of kids (yes), joint insurance policies (yes). As for as I can tell, it's not an RFE, just FYI, I suppose.

It also says I can check the online status of the case, but that it will be listed as a CRI89. I punched the new receipt number into the system, and sure enough, it came up (listed as received and pending).

So, does this mean the first number is no longer valid? Why would they send two receipts? Of course, I'm going to hang on to both, but I don't want them thinking we applied twice or something.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not really worried about it, but I just thought it strange. Maybe it's because of the new fee/procedure?

Last edited by NOLA_Dave; Dec 23rd 2006 at 10:59 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got two different receipts for an I-751

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
Ok, as I mentioned in the other thread, I got a receipt (NoA)from the TSC about a week ago for my wife's I-751. It had the same receipt number as the number written on the back of my cashed check (thank goodness for online check viewing). It said simply that it received $205 from my wife, that her alien card is extended for 12 months, and that it would take 120 to process the app. Very short.

Today, we received another NoA. The notice date is the same (12/7), the case type is the same (I-751), and the notice type box both say "receipt notice". However, the new NoA has a different receipt number. It also has a *lot* more info written on it.

It also states that her CR status is extended for one year. It says to wait for another letter with a biometric appointment notice. It also says if I haven't done it already, I should send in supporting evidence for the I-751. They give as examples a joint lease (we did), joint mortage or propery (no), joint ownership of assets (yes), tax returns (yes), birth certs of kids (yes), joint insurance policies (yes). As for as I can tell, it's not an RFE, just FYI, I suppose.

It also says I can check the online status of the case, but that it will be listed as a CRI89. I punched the new receipt number into the system, and sure enough, it came up (listed as received and pending).

So, does this mean the first number is no longer valid? Why would they send two receipts? Of course, I'm going to hang on to both, but I don't want them thinking we applied twice or something.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not really worried about it, but I just thought it strange. Maybe it's because of the new fee/procedure?
I got two as well. Same thing you describe (from TSC). Only one number works, but hey, thats good enough for me. Biometric came through the next week. So you defo have nothing to worry about, just one of those things. Same thing happened when I got my greencard in the first place, got about 4 "Welcome the USA" letters.

The other RFE or FYI thing, you are correct, everyone gets the same letter.

I feel like a bit of a loser on these I-751 things, is it only me who doesn't give a shit? I've got my letter which says my GC is extended for a year, so I'll worry about it in a year if its not resolved by then! :;

Last edited by Dan725; Dec 23rd 2006 at 3:05 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:41 am
Austinman

>> Today, we received another NoA. The notice date is the same (12/7),
    >> the case type is the same (I-751), and the notice type box both say
    >> "receipt notice". However, the new NoA has a different receipt
    >> number. It also has a *lot* more info written on it.

> I feel like a bit of a loser on these I-751 things, is it only me
    > who doesn't give a shit? I've got my letter which says my GC is
    > extended for a year, so I'll worry about it in a year if its not
    > resolved by then! :;

You may have answered a question I had. I have been seeing discussions about
biometric tests and thinking "when do I get to hear about this?". I am
guessing another letter is on its way. Can anyone tell me what the biometric
test involves? I am assuming it will require a trip to San Antonio in my
case.

No you are not the only one who is not going to worry about their
application:-) I sent the paperwork with a check off and stopped worrying
about it. The Texas Service Center is processing I-751s from June and I
filed in December, so I have some time.

Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly the same thing happened to me in July/August.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Austinman
    >> Today, we received another NoA. The notice date is the same (12/7),
    >> the case type is the same (I-751), and the notice type box both say
    >> "receipt notice". However, the new NoA has a different receipt
    >> number. It also has a *lot* more info written on it.

> I feel like a bit of a loser on these I-751 things, is it only me
    > who doesn't give a shit? I've got my letter which says my GC is
    > extended for a year, so I'll worry about it in a year if its not
    > resolved by then! :;

You may have answered a question I had. I have been seeing discussions about
biometric tests and thinking "when do I get to hear about this?". I am
guessing another letter is on its way. Can anyone tell me what the biometric
test involves? I am assuming it will require a trip to San Antonio in my
case.

No you are not the only one who is not going to worry about their
application:-) I sent the paperwork with a check off and stopped worrying
about it. The Texas Service Center is processing I-751s from June and I
filed in December, so I have some time.
Yep, you will likely get another letter very soon, telling you that you have a biometric appointment at a center near you. It's not a biometric "test"! - it simply involves turning up and having your picture taken and an electronic fingerprint. In and out in 20 mins.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to wait at little longer than that at my Biometrics appointment because the woman in front of me didn't speak much English, and the guard/receptionist had a hard time explaining what she needed to do. The woman's husband, who spoke perfect English, just sat in his seat instead of getting up and helping to translate.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

We haven't received any receipt yet but we saw our cashed check on online check viewing and saw the receipt number so I had Mahir punch it in (as he's done daily since the end of November) and it was saying that it didn't exist. So, I went downstairs to Immigration (I work in the Boston federal building) and they punched in his A# and found out that the application had been received and everything was set so far and in the system. She said that we should be able to see it, particulary if we search under his A# but that must be something only the Immigration Officers have access to because when we were looking at the USCIS page there was no option to search by A#.