I got my visa

Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Loversdream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I got my visa

After being denied on November 9th for my overstay.

We sent in the I-601 on December 4th, and today December 18th (14 days later) I got a phone call from the London Embassy to call them.... I GOT MY VISA... woooooohoooo just have to send my passport in and a big envelope for the paperwork.

OMG I am sooooooooooo excited.

Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Received NOA - July 4th (nice date)
Received Packet 3 - July 6th
Mailed DS-230 part 1 mailed to Immigrant Visa Branch - July 9th (Special Delivery)
Application for Police Certificate sent - July 9th
DS-230 part 1 Received by Embassy - July 10th
Received Police Certificate from Jersey CI - July 12th
Medical Appointment - August 8th (think I passed lol)
Received Police Certificate from Scotland Yard - August 11th
Mailed Checklist - September 10th
Received Interview date September 27th
Interview - November 9th DENIED
Mailed I-601 December 4th
Approved December 18th.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got my visa

Hot Damn but that is a wonderful news. What a lovely holiday present.

When are you planning on coming to the US?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: I got my visa

Hubby says as soon as possible... But we both have to work a months notice and ship some items we are keeping over.... and go and visit my Dad, so I guess at the beginning of February.

Thank you Rete & Noorah for all your help in the past.... This forum has been so helpful

Last edited by Loversdream; Dec 18th 2007 at 1:50 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, what a great present!

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much.

Did you feel hyper when you found out you had your visa????
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loversdream
Did you feel hyper when you found out you had your visa????
Sadegh was VERY hyper when he found out he'd been approved for his K-1. The ConOff said it in English, so I understood it before he did. We walked away from the interview window, heading to the UPS desk to give our address so they could send the passport & visa back. Sadegh looked confused and said "OK, now what are we doing? Where are we going?" I realized then he hadn't understood he was approved. LOL I said You're Approved! He was trying not to jump around the waiting room, and as soon as we got outside the embassy, he shouted out loud, jumped around, then started walking really fast back to the hotel. When we got to the hotel, he said the reason he walked soooo fast, almost ran, back to the hotel was that he was afraid someone would come running out of the embassy and tell him it was all a mistake, that he wasn't approved after all. lol It was a GREAT day!!

Rene