Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I emailed to O'Reilly factor - Moscow chaos

I emailed to O'Reilly factor - Moscow chaos

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:46 am
Douglas Menkel

Default Re: I emailed to O'Reilly factor - Moscow chaos

I'm not a rocket scientist but I've understood the "point" from the beginning of this
thread. Save your breath, some people you just can't get through to. Maybe he better
give those blinders back to the horse.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:08 am
George F.

"Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<%[email protected] anews.com>...
    > Why, YeS! I do look upon the blind date with disdain also! How funny how you have
    > every nuance about me figured out! LOL! I would never go on a blind date nor
    > would my wife. (before being married, that is) But, that, like my comment about
    > the picking another girl from the "catalog" was just that, a passing comment.

Your lines above show you are a person raised in a strict religious environmnet.
Though it's ironic, that you used the word "date" instead of "courting." Jonathan,
did you have premarital sex? I bet you didn't!! Don't you loook upon it with a
disdain too? Do not say it was a "passing comment." As a true christain you should
wholeheartedly apologize and beg for foregiveness from all who used "catalogs."

> I re-read my original post and do agree it may have come across differently than I
    > expected.

Please re-re-re-read the original posts.

> Point: ALMOST anyone meeting a woman in the FSU has met them through some sort of
    > agency where they used a "catalog" of pictures and bio's to pick and choose whom
    > they want to meet. Come on, they can't get visas to come here, so the USC had to
    > find them somehow. Most didn't just start chatting in a chat room or communicate
    > via e-mail in the beginning. This is NOT how they MET.

You were respond to MY post, and not to "almost everyone's." So, next time be down
to the point, and do not generelize if you don't know what you're talking about.
Otherwise, I'll report to your priest about your misbehavior. By the way, what
denomination is it? I haven't heard good stuf lately about catholic priests. God
forbid, if anything bad about you came to my mind now, honestly.

> My comment about finding another girl from the catalog in a "good" country was just
    > that, a passing comment. That was the reason for my comment. If I have skewed
    > perception of how these people could have possibly met if not through a service,
    > then please correct me. All I know is that I see very little way for these people
    > to have met if not through a "catalog" service. I have seen the websites, I do know
    > a little about the subject. You tell
    > me... how do you meet a woman from the FSU? You might not call it a catalog, you
    > might have different name for it. I see it as SICK and AMORAL to pick a mate in
    > such a way. If you want to ridicule my belief system, feel free.

Well, regardsless how many times you "emphasize" it as a "passing comment," why don't
you just go ahead and s... my d....

> But my original comment was nothing more than what it was, a comment. It in no way
    > defines who I am as a human being. You may have one idea of who I am, but I am
    > sure that others who know me have a distinctly different idea of who I am.

Oops, sorry, my above notes were nothing else but just a comment, I mean a passing
comment, and by now means were intented to offend anybody. You may have one idea
of who I am, but I am sure that others who know me have a distinctly different
idea of who I am.

> I am so sorry that some people read it wrong, but I can't take back what I said
    > now. All I can do is defend myself against the barrage of comments from people who
    > have no idea who I am, how helpful I can be and how much knowledge about the world
    > and how it works I have. So be it.
    > Good day to you, sir.

No, Jonathan, you could take it back, if we let it go. Don't say that "some read it
wrong." Just say, I'm sorry, I wrote it wrong!

I forgot to ask you, what country is your lovely wife from? You know my future wife
is from Russia. Just to keep the equilibrium, you know.

Old Sep 4th 2002, 4:27 am

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
    > Point: ALMOST anyone meeting a woman in the FSU has met them through some sort of
    > agency where they used a "catalog" of pictures and bio's to pick and choose whom
    > they want to meet.

What percentage do you rate "ALMOST anyone" at?

Come on, they can't get visas to come here,
    > so the USC had to find them somehow.

But there are many Americans that CAN get visa to go there and work. My wife, being a
former Sun Microsystem's employee had a multi entry visa (B1) due to training and
other job requirements.

> Most didn't just start chatting in a chat room or communicate via e-mail in the
    > beginning. This is NOT how they MET.

Actually, we met through a website that was not related to mating. We met for the
first time, in person in Las Vegas when she was on a work based award trip that took
her to Hawaii.

> My comment about finding another girl from the catalog in a "good" country was
    > just that, a passing comment.

I agree. I never took it to mean the woman was "bad" only that INS considered the
country "bad" or at high risk for visa fraud.

That was the reason for my comment. If I
    > have skewed perception of how these people could have possibly met if not through a
    > service, then please correct me.

I agree with your perception that MOST of the people reporting this odd type of
behavior probably used this method. This is similar to the guy that was getting
engaged to someone he met 2 weeks before and had offered a BMW to. I am curious about
how they met. Or the Ukrainian wife that had fits about the quality of a rose and the
guy who says he has bought them for hundreds of women.

Old Sep 4th 2002, 8:43 am
Eric Witte

> they want to meet. Come on, they can't get visas to come here, so the USC had to
    > find them somehow. Most didn't just start chatting in a chat room or communicate
    > via e-mail in the beginning. This is NOT how they MET.

The person I've been talking with I met on a US dating site. We have been emailing
back and forth for a while. Though the word marriage comes up neither of us are
going to be ready for another year or two. She is still afraid of leaving her family.
Not to mention both of us want to meet first. For a lot of men its not about picking
someone in a catalog. A lot of people are just tired of the BS we have to go through
with American women.

Eric