Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-94W Overstay whilst waiting for I-130 Petition submission to complete.

I-94W Overstay whilst waiting for I-130 Petition submission to complete.

Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94W Overstay whilst waiting for I-130 Petition submission to complete.

Originally Posted by Deedee13
If ur wife is going to be ur sponsor, has she filed taxes the past three years to sustain the requirements for the affidavit of support?
The I-864 Affidavit of Support only needs 1 year of tax returns now, when filed for AOS purposes.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94W Overstay whilst waiting for I-130 Petition submission to complete.

i recently had to submit more evidence, including last three years tax returns! And were well over the requirements? So I am not sure why. And from other forums I am reading more and more people are getting the same notices to submit more years than just one??
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:52 am
Dr Jones

On Mar 9, 8:16 pm, Noorah101 <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > An overstay is a forgiven in immigration on marriage! This is why
> > its hated!
>
> > Do not leave the country - until u have a GC.
>
> > If u want to work whilst ur visa is being processed dont forget to
> > fill out the work authorisation form. I got mine yesterday, 2 months
> > after applying for it.
>
> > If u can read and write and spend a bit of time reading the FAQs u
> > will not need to pay for a lawyer. Do it yourself if u can read and
> > write. Its not difficult just have patience while ur doing it.
>
> > And make sure u copy everything u send. If ur wife is going to be ur
> > sponsor, has she filed taxes the past three years to sustain the
> > requirements for the affidavit of support?
>
> The I-864 Affidavit of Support only needs 1 year of tax returns now,
> when filed for AOS purposes.
>
> Rene
>
> --
> Posted viahttp://britishexpats.com

Update.

I have had a medical and while I am waiting for the medical results
(2-3 weeks) this will take me past my VWP visa deadline. I get the
jist that this is ok? Does the group generally agree with this? Or
should I submit all my relevant forms without the medical (I-693) and
send a note saying the medical is on its way, once I collect the
results?

Thanks
Gene

Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dr Jones
results?

Thanks
Gene
Hi Gene,

You have a choice. You can either submit everything now, minus the medical, and then wait for USCIS to send you an RFE requesting the medical, and then send it in. OR, you can wait until you have the medical in hand and send everything in all at once. Either way you're going to be out of status because USCS doesn't consider you in-status until they have received ALL the required paperwork. You are safer, in my opinion, to wait until you have everything and then turn it in all at once.

You can't send the medical separately on your own, without the RFE. There is no way USCIS will match it up to the rest of your paperwork.

If you are married to a USC, your overstay will most likely be forgiven.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

results?

Thanks
Gene
Why is it taking 2-3 weeks to get the medical results? I would call and push the civil surgeon's office a little on this, see if it's possible to get the results sooner. My husband got his results within a few days. The first day he went there, got the exam, including a TB skin test. He went back about 3 days later to have the TB test read, and walked out with the completed medical exam form the same day.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:07 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Why is it taking 2-3 weeks to get the medical results? I would call and push the civil surgeon's office a little on this, see if it's possible to get the results sooner. My husband got his results within a few days. The first day he went there, got the exam, including a TB skin test. He went back about 3 days later to have the TB test read, and walked out with the completed medical exam form the same day.
Agree - we needed chest X-rays, but even so it took less than a week altogether.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Agree - we needed chest X-rays, but even so it took less than a week altogether.
mine was 10 days! 2 to 3 weeks is long. Call them !
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

olliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud of

Update.

results?

Thanks
Gene
Gene -

Have you gotten married yet? Forget the medical, you can't send anything in until you have your marriage certificate!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

ricaltman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Like I said...............
Consulting an attorney is no guarantee you'll get a correct answer. I've consulted two about a particular issue and gotten two distinctly different answers.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:22 am
Dr Jones

On Mar 28, 1:17 pm, ricaltman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > Like I said...............
>
> Consulting an attorney is no guarantee you'll get a correct answer. I've
> consulted two about a particular issue and gotten two distinctly
> different answers.
>
> --
> Posted viahttp://britishexpats.com

Update

I had to have the MMR vaccination which is done in two stages 30 days
apart. When I return for the second immunisation I will get my
medical report. Unforuntelay this will put me into an overstay of
approsimately 24 days past the expiration of my I-94W. The concensus
I am getting from the group is to wait for the medical so I can send
everything in together. As sending everything in without the medical
will initiate a request for further information. Or do I just send
everything in with a note saying the medical will follow in, by then,
25 days?

Thanks
Gene

Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:28 pm

Update

I had to have the MMR vaccination which is done in two stages 30 days
apart. When I return for the second immunisation I will get my
medical report. Unforuntelay this will put me into an overstay of
approsimately 24 days past the expiration of my I-94W. The concensus
I am getting from the group is to wait for the medical so I can send
everything in together. As sending everything in without the medical
will initiate a request for further information. Or do I just send
everything in with a note saying the medical will follow in, by then,
25 days?

Thanks
Gene
Hi Gene,

You simply cannot send in your own items separately from an RFE. Well, you can, but USCIS will not be able to match it up with your file. So sending everything in with a note saying the medical will follow, won't work. You still have to wait for their RFE to turn in the medical. You have two choices. File now without the medical, then wait for their RFE and turn in the medical.....or just wait for the medical and turn it all in together. Either way, you will STILL run into "out of status" because USCIS won't consider you as "pending AOS" until they have your COMPLETE package (including medical). So turning it all in now, and then the medical later, won't help you remain in status.

Rene