I-94w

Old Apr 15th 2004, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Jenny_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-94w

I am in the States on a Visa Waiver .. I am a UK citizen and after a 85 day stay am having to return to the UK because they will not extend an I-94W.
I want to know if there is a limit on the amount of 90 day trips to the US I can make each year. I thought I heard somewhere that you can only visit for a total of 6 months in any one year....but have heard since that as long as I go back after 90 days (I intend to only stay in the UK for 2 weeks) I can return as often as I want as long as I do not overstay the 90 days...is this correct?
Hope this all makes sense...
Jen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94w

Originally posted by Jenny_uk
I am in the States on a Visa Waiver .. I am a UK citizen and after a 85 day stay am having to return to the UK because they will not extend an I-94W.
I want to know if there is a limit on the amount of 90 day trips to the US I can make each year. I thought I heard somewhere that you can only visit for a total of 6 months in any one year....but have heard since that as long as I go back after 90 days (I intend to only stay in the UK for 2 weeks) I can return as often as I want as long as I do not overstay the 90 days...is this correct?
Jen
There is no fixed time you have to be out for in state dept regs
but the waiver was intended for basically occasional visitor on vacation etc....it was not intended for people to live in the US surreptitiously... You may make it on you next visit you may not..
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/le...w_do_i/vwp.xml

Last edited by ray6; Apr 15th 2004 at 5:43 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:35 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Jen
yeah, it all depends on how the immigration officer feels when he next sees you.
what mood he is in and all that.
A guy did the old Canada border run a few weeks back and got a new I94 VW. But I seriously wouldn't recommend that, can be dodgy at best.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:49 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Jen
What are you doing in the US for so long? How do you support yourself? Do you have a job, and a home outside the US?

You can be required to prove that you are not an intending immigrant each time you apply for admission to the US.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by crg14624
What are you doing in the US for so long? How do you support yourself? Do you have a job, and a home outside the US?
You can be required to prove that you are not an intending immigrant each time you apply for admission to the US.
LOL... you know exactly what she is doing...and no doubt is will be a marriage with no pre-concieved intent in the future...
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

ok...here goes.....I met my boyfriend 18 months ago....he is American and, yes we plan to marry later this year under the K1 Visa (Fiancee Visa).
I have been here 5 times in a year and a half....staying for varying lengths of time from 1 week to 3 months (this trip is the only 3 month one)
We are delaying applying for the K1 Visa as it will take 4 months or more and it will be difficult for me to enter the States after the forms have been filed....and we were thinking of filing the forms after I arrived in the US again in a month or so....stay here for a couple of months....then go back to the UK and do the Interview at the American Embassy in London.

As for money....I have the proceeds of my house sale in the UK !
Jen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by manc1976
yeah, it all depends on how the immigration officer feels when he next sees you.
what mood he is in and all that.
A guy did the old Canada border run a few weeks back and got a new I94 VW. But I seriously wouldn't recommend that, can be dodgy at best.
Thanks for the reply....but it has made me a lot less confident of my chances of getting back here knowing what the immigration officers are like!!!

When I spoke to the US Immigration on the phone...they said it didn't matter how often I came here as long as I went back b4 90 days each time....but I just wanted to know if anyone had any first hand experience of multiple visits....thanks again

Jen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
LOL... you know exactly what she is doing...and no doubt is will be a marriage with no pre-concieved intent in the future...
Please don't assume this is a 'Marriage of convenience".....there is nothing 'convenient' about it!!!!
HUGE phone bills (between the 2 of us phone bills average $500 a month) ..flight bills....you all know how much that costs....missing each other ALL the time....IT SUCKS ok!!!
All we want to do is be together.....is that sooooo wrong?
Jen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:26 pm
Ray

Please don't assume this is a 'Marriage of convenience".....there is nothing 'convenient' about it!!!!
HUGE phone bills (between the 2 of us phone bills average $500 a month) ..flight bills....you all know how much that costs....missing each other ALL the time....IT SUCKS ok!!!
All we want to do is be together.....is that sooooo wrong?
Jen
Nothing personal Jenny..we have heard the story a hunded times
you just missed out the next step ...which normally is ...we got married on the spur of the moment when I was visiting with no pre-concieved intent ..what do we do now....
Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:00 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't realize we had a psychic on here.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:05 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

ok...here goes.....I met my boyfriend 18 months ago....he is American and, yes we plan to marry later this year under the K1 Visa (Fiancee Visa).
I have been here 5 times in a year and a half....staying for varying lengths of time from 1 week to 3 months (this trip is the only 3 month one)
We are delaying applying for the K1 Visa as it will take 4 months or more and it will be difficult for me to enter the States after the forms have been filed....and we were thinking of filing the forms after I arrived in the US again in a month or so....stay here for a couple of months....then go back to the UK and do the Interview at the American Embassy in London.

As for money....I have the proceeds of my house sale in the UK !
Jen
Having proceeds from selling your foreign residence does not make you look like you're planning to return to your home country. You are intending to immigrate to the US. The only question is when. If you can demonstrate that you're not moving in on that trip, they may allow you to still visit with an I-129F pending. An I-485 is another story.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Having proceeds from selling your foreign residence does not make you look like you're planning to return to your home country. You are intending to immigrate to the US. The only question is when. If you can demonstrate that you're not moving in on that trip, they may allow you to still visit with an I-129F pending. An I-485 is another story.
Hmmm....interesting....thanks for the info. After reading that, we are thinking that we might as well apply for the I-129F now b4 I return to the UK, go back there for a month and then try and return here...it seems from what u say that the chances of my getting back here for a while would be about the same whatever we do....and at least the I-129F would be a month or so closer to being granted (or not as the case may be)

Thanks again....
Jen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Nothing personal Jenny..we have heard the story a hunded times
you just missed out the next step ...which normally is ...we got married on the spur of the moment when I was visiting with no pre-concieved intent ..what do we do now....
ok....i understand....I just didn't want this link to think that I was just trying to get to the USA.....if there was a way we could live in the UK and make a living, then we would, but we have to stay where it is financially viable...and that happens to be the USA.

We have done the research on the various Visa's and really want to do this the right way.....it would be easier just to get married and deal with the consequences...but thats not how we want to do it....we want to be above board and go through all the correct channels to get the results, which should make it easier in the long run......here's hoping!

Jen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:02 pm
Ray

Originally posted by candy wy.
i didn't realize we had a psychic on here.
The Crystal ball come out every thursday....get your questions ready!!!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Well seeing that she originally came over and wasn't going to marry, what is the problem with them marrying now and her not going back? It was not pre-conceived when she first came over.

Last edited by AlisonPA; Apr 16th 2004 at 3:46 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.