Wikiposts

I-864 help

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future
Default I-864 help

Hi

Things are moving very quickly in London, only got approval letter (I-130) Thursday and they have already sent packet 3!

a few questions as usual.

1. They ask for birth certificate (got big one) no problem, but it says that my father's details should be on cert. Well parents never married back then (39 years ago) and mum registered me whilst in hospital and Dad was not present, so details of father blank. Do I leave it blank, N/A or what?

I do have all dad details (death cert)

2. We will have savings, in my name and hubbys so will complete I 864A as well but not enough to satisfy poverty guidelines. We will use property that we own out right here, is copy of land registry (deeds) and new estate agent valuation sufficient, or do we need original deeds that is kept by our Solicitor that will charge us each time we take out and then send back to them to Store?

Thanks again, that god little one is at childminders this morning, printing out forms has taken me over an hour!.

Thanks

Amanda
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 help

Originally Posted by mrs Bucket
a) Things are moving very quickly in London, only got approval letter (I-130) Thursday and they have already sent packet 3!

b) They ask for birth certificate (got big one) no problem, but it says that my father's details should be on cert. Well parents never married back then (39 years ago) and mum registered me whilst in hospital and Dad was not present, so details of father blank.

c) Do I leave it blank, N/A or what?

d) We will have savings, in my name and hubbys so will complete I 864A as well but not enough to satisfy poverty guidelines. We will use property that we own out right here, is copy of land registry (deeds) and new estate agent valuation sufficient, or do we need original deeds that is kept by our Solicitor that will charge us each time we take out and then send back to them to Store?
a) Congrats.

b) No problem. My father scarpered before I was born, the areas for his details are blank, it wasn't a problem. As long as it's the "long" birth certificate they will accept it.

c) What are you going to do? Write the details in in pen? Do you imagine they would accept the birth certificate if you did that?

d) Yep, if you have savings then original statement if in a savings account, if they are in a normal bank account I'd take TWO months' statments (to show that someone didn't just lend you money for the interview), as for house value yes the deeds (in your case) or a mortgage statement (for anyone else reading) plus an estate agent's valuation will suffice to show value of equity.

If your house is on the market already then also take a printout of the estate agent's brochure as this helps with the "domicile" issue (shows you are preparing to leave the UK and sell up).

Don't forget when calculating your total assets in $ that the $ is now only at about $1.75 and not $2 anymore...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

Thanks BritishGuy36, you must have been psychic as I was telling hubby about birth certificate problems etc and was about to email someone and your message was in my inbox

Thanks for clearing up questions. One other though,

DS230 part 1 it says that everyone immigrating should feel in form.

It will be me, serena (who I am appying for) and chris (hubby USC) does he need to fill in form also?

I definitely have a good sleep tonight after reading through all the forms.

We will be renting out property, market is dire here (north devon) will sell when it eventually picks up

Amanda
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

The DS-230 is an application for a visa. You aren't immigrating, you're just moving back. You don't need a visa, as you're a US Citizen. The UK Citizen is the one that needs to fill in the form.

Everyone not a citizen needs a visa to immigrate, and therefore should submit the form (for example, any children who are not US Citizens but who will be moving with you).