Wikiposts

I-864 Help....

Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

coops9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 Help....

Hello All,
Received Packet 3 today for the I-130 process we are completing, wife USC me British citizen married 2 years. We are both living in the UK, we intend to move over and live with her Mother for a short while before finding a place of our own. I have already transferred, a couple of months ago, $9000 to my wife's bank account, while the rates were still good, my wife has a job offer in the US which will pay around $40000 a year before tax, will this meet the criteria or will we have to involve my wifes mother as a sponsor? We have a letter from her future employer saying they will employ her whenever she arrives and how much they will pay her..... will this letter be enough evidence?

I am so glad there is light at the end of the tunnel now

Appreciate any help, as always...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 Help....

Originally Posted by coops9999
Hello All,
Received Packet 3 today for the I-130 process we are completing, wife USC me British citizen married 2 years. We are both living in the UK, we intend to move over and live with her Mother for a short while before finding a place of our own. I have already transferred, a couple of months ago, $9000 to my wife's bank account, while the rates were still good, my wife has a job offer in the US which will pay around $40000 a year before tax, will this meet the criteria or will we have to involve my wifes mother as a sponsor? We have a letter from her future employer saying they will employ her whenever she arrives and how much they will pay her..... will this letter be enough evidence?

I am so glad there is light at the end of the tunnel now

Appreciate any help, as always...
Future employment can't be used on the I-864.

$9,000 is not enough in assets to cover you. You would need to prove 3x the amount you would have needed in income (it's around $52,000 if it's just the two of you, more if you have kids). If you have a home you are selling, or property, you can use that.

Otherwise, looks like you would need a joint sponsor.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 15th 2008 at 4:20 am. Reason: added clarification
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

While you can't enter future employment income on the I-864 as "current income", the job offer letter will probably be well-received in London. They like to know about the job you're going to.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
While you can't enter future employment income on the I-864 as "current income", the job offer letter will probably be well-received in London. They like to know about the job you're going to.
Thanks again guys, shouldn't be a problem having my Mother-in-law sponsor me.... If she, my wife and I are going to be living at her address how much does she need to earn to qualify? I have read over the Poverty guidelines and maybe I have been reading and re-reading too many forms during this process but I now seem incapable of understanding the simplest ones :-)
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coops9999
Thanks again guys, shouldn't be a problem having my Mother-in-law sponsor me.... If she, my wife and I are going to be living at her address how much does she need to earn to qualify? I have read over the Poverty guidelines and maybe I have been reading and re-reading too many forms during this process but I now seem incapable of understanding the simplest ones :-)
How many people live in her house right at this very moment? (not including you guys)

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How many people live in her house right at this very moment? (not including you guys)

Rene
Here are the Poverty Guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

If it's just mom living there right at this moment, you'll look at the income level for a family of 2 (mom plus the immigrant), 125% column, which is $17,500 unless she lives in Alaska or Hawaii.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here are the Poverty Guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

If it's just mom living there right at this moment, you'll look at the income level for a family of 2 (mom plus the immigrant), 125% column, which is $17,500 unless she lives in Alaska or Hawaii.

Rene
Yeah. should have probably told you how many people were living there Just Mom at the moment, she has a good job so should be fine....

Thanks again.